Sponsored

My new 2022 GBM Mach! (I feel like I can contribute now!)

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang Mach 1
Hey all! Been a long time lurker, but I'm excited to show off my new baby... a 2022 GBM HP Mach 1 with a proper 6 speed manual gearbox!

Picked this up from Woody Anderson Ford in Hunstville, AL, and while the interest rate kills me (I've gotten 0% financing on my last 5 vehicles), I felt like it was now or be stuck trying to chase down a used one that wasn't beat and chipped to hell once the market corrects. Drover her home ~400 miles to where I'm at in lower Alabama, and like most with HP, I would have preferred a different tire on the car for that trip. What an experience though! The amount of accessories on this thing that the dealership was pretty much clueless about... Where's the car cover? "Umm... oh here, we had an extra cover from another owner that didn't pick theirs up!" Where's the front lip moldings? "The what? Oh, here's a set from a 2021 car that the owner never picked up!" Who does that?!

20221227_165628410_iOS.jpg

20221227_173929569_iOS.jpg

Got her for $1500 under sticker, which was also a hard pill to swallow because I typically buy Z-plan, but of course the Mach 1 doesn't qualify for that. I really feel like this is the last of the good looking, "back to roots" style Mustang we'll see, which is why I had to have it. The 7th gen has very few design queues and features that appeal to me, but that's a topic for another post... :)
Sponsored

Last edited:

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Beautiful car, congratz. Are you going to add the front splitter and the gurney flap?

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang M1 HP
That’s a great color. And nice pricing. I just saw a Mach 1 HP/MT6 sell for $5K over sticker in my area. It was only on the showroom floor for a couple days too.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
That’s a great color. And nice pricing. I just saw a Mach 1 HP/MT6 sell for $5K over sticker in my area. It was only on the showroom floor for a couple days too.
In this market MSRP is considered a deal. I got mine 1K under and I was happy about it LOL

DRAGOON

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
21 VB mach1 HP 6SP
Yellow spring blocks in trunk ?
Gurney flap in trunk ?
Cover is for the “high wing” ?
MSO (manufacturer state of origin) sent to Ford so you get owners kit ?
Just making sure

Sponsored

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
Hey all! Been a long time lurker, but I'm excited to show off my new baby... a 2022 GBM HP Mach 1 with a proper 6 speed manual gearbox!

Picked this up from Woody Anderson Ford in Hunstville, AL, and while the interest rate kills me (I've gotten 0% financing on my last 5 vehicles), I felt like it was now or be stuck trying to chase down a used one that wasn't beat and chipped to hell once the market corrects. Drover her home ~400 miles to where I'm at in lower Alabama, and like most with HP, I would have preferred a different tire on the car for that trip. What an experience though! The amount of accessories on this thing that the dealership was pretty much clueless about... Where's the car cover? "Umm... oh here, we had an extra cover from another owner that didn't pick theirs up!" Where's the front lip moldings? "The what? Oh, here's a set from a 2021 car that the owner never picked up!" Who does that?!

20221227_165628410_iOS.jpg

20221227_173929569_iOS.jpg

Got her for $1500 under sticker, which was also a hard pill to swallow because I typically buy Z-plan, but of course the Mach 1 doesn't qualify for that. I really feel like this is the last of the good looking, "back to roots" style Mustang we'll see, which is why I had to have it. The 7th gen has very few design queues and features that appeal to me, but that's a topic for another post... :)
Congratulations! I agree on the last model year. Enjoy your awesome ride!

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang Mach 1
Yellow spring blocks in trunk ?
Gurney flap in trunk ?
Cover is for the “high wing” ?
MSO (manufacturer state of origin) sent to Ford so you get owners kit ?
Just making sure
No yellow blocks (Didn’t know about that one!), they were already gone and I doubt the salesman knew anything about them.

I’ve got the flap.

Part number on packing slip searches up as the high wing cover, but I’ve not taken it out yet.

I didn’t sign a MSO like in the past… this dealer had everything digital. I plan to call the Ford Performance help line next week to get that ball rolling because I do for sure want that!

Have you all been getting the Track Attack invitations in the mail, or is that something you have to press on Ford Performance to get?

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
No yellow blocks (Didn’t know about that one!), they were already gone and I doubt the salesman knew anything about them.

I’ve got the flap.

Part number on packing slip searches up as the high wing cover, but I’ve not taken it out yet.

I didn’t sign a MSO like in the past… this dealer had everything digital. I plan to call the Ford Performance help line next week to get that ball rolling because I do for sure want that!

Have you all been getting the Track Attack invitations in the mail, or is that something you have to press on Ford Performance to get?
You should be receiving the owners pkg shortly. Can't give you a definite time because they all vary.

ajsfirehawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2023 EG M6 Mach 1 ordered. 12/1; Received 2/3
Mach 1's come with a car cover?

Sponsored

ajsfirehawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2023 EG M6 Mach 1 ordered. 12/1; Received 2/3
Thank you, the way I read it, it sounded like a standard item. I've see the dealer option to buy one.

AnalogDan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT – 6MT, 401A
The subtle contrast between the black and dark grey really pops on Grabber Blue. It looks like a Hot Wheels car. Beautiful, congrats!

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis M1908
Congrats on a gorgeous Mach 1 !. Just a few things for you to check, looks like missing the extra lower front splitter as well as your front wheel lips. You may want to check if there are still yellow shipping blocks in the front springs as your gap looks a bit large. These are things dealers all seem to miss .

TEAsGrabber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang Mach1
LMAO!!!!! Glad you bought it and got it outta this town!!! I agree Woody Anderson is CLUELESS!! I visited them multiple times and inquired about ordering/buying a GBM MACh1. Every time I was told S.O.L. order banks were closed or all were spoken for. So I went elsewhere for mine.

I was there a few weeks ago getting touch-up paint and saw your car on the lot. I just shook my head and walked thru the showroom to the parts dept. The salesman that I had talked to earlier hit me up and told me that he had a MACh1 in that he was sure I'd buy! I played stupid and said "really?? show me!" and we walked out on the lot. I asked him "Which one???" as I had parked mine next to yours! We walked out and looked at both and I just LMAO! Your car is identical to mine, except your car optioned the car cover and mine optioned the red painted calipers. I actually told the salesman that they needed to remove the yellow shipping blocks on yours as they were still installed. Anyways...CONGRATS!!! Enjoy the new ride!! Hopefully they'll find the missing parts etc. The parts guys aren't too bad, but they are helpful!

20221120_144643.jpg
Sponsored