My 2019 Ruby Red GT350 'Rona Project

Fpetro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
Shelby gt350 Saleen S 281
I completely agree with you on the stripes. I searched for a Ruby Red with no stripes and it is sitting in the rail yard waiting to be delivered to the dealer. I have always been one who goes against the flow.
The ford vinyl is crap, it will show scratches after some washes, I had my redone cause I couldnā€™t look at them anymore.
Sponsored

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Congrats ! Very nice colour. That was my first choice, until the sales guy waffled on me with the "Someone mom put a deposit on it right before you showed up with the check to pay for it" move. !??!??! Was a blessing in disguised as I picked up my second colour with 4 miles on the clock.

So as I always say to new owners,

Let the mods.......BEGIN ! (also i like the stripes)

OP
OP
Vectors2Final

Vectors2Final

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 BL Navi L/19 GT350 Ruby
Just out of curiosity, did you get the handling package with this car, or if not, did you find a Gurney Flap was shipped complementary with it? My car never had the handling package, but I did get a free Gurney Flap, which was a very nice surprise. My car is chassis #K0195, so I am curious if it is an early model thing, or something they are doing on a lot of vehicles.
fullsizeoutput_83b.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_83a.jpeg
Yes, I got the handling package. I don't have the camber plates, yet. I'm still trying to track those down with the dealership.

It sounds like you did the same thing I did... watched the entire Matt Moreman series of GT350 videos on Obsessed Garage while waiting for the arrival of the new car.
I am going to ignore, to the best of my ability, any scratches that might be visible in the stripe material. I want to leave them on. I did however order white stripes, so I'm hoping any scratches on the stripes are not as noticeable.
I am going to seriously try to get the paint "dialed in"... but I have no where the experience that Matt has. I do have the patience though.
Enjoy the long awaited prize...!!!!
I watched his videos on the GT350 long ago, but I did revisit when I threw the deposit down on this car. I detail as a hobby, and have been for the last ten years or so. I'll pull these stripes off with the aid of my steamer, and then I'll do a full paint correction and ceramic coating on the car. I'll try and document the process to post on here, but that's if I have enough patience to wait on my shop to be complete.

It's not hard to learn, and you could start on any DA polisher and would be hard pressed to mess anything up. Matt is a good resource to learn from, and there are many others spreading the word about this therapeutic craft.

Dam fine taste !!!
7B7A6F0A-89D9-476F-851A-C6F48184C131.jpeg
IMG_14931.jpeg

Great Choice!! This was my 2017 that I stupidly got rid of but I do have a 2019 GT350 on order in Ruby Red to make up for it so I am super excited to get the car especially since this is the last year for Ruby! The color explodes in the sun and is absolutely beautiful! Can't wait to get mine....good luck with yours!!!!!!
Congrats to you as well! I didn't realize this was the last year for Ruby until the order guide came out.

I definitely feel like I made the right choice this time.

Only one name on the engine build plaque. That's new.

Beautiful car. Congrats
Thanks!

Yes, 2019 has only one for some reason. I guess to offset load for the GT500?

The ford vinyl is crap, it will show scratches after some washes, I had my redone cause I couldnā€™t look at them anymore.
It is complete crap... the Magnetic portion looks to be very nice, but the vinyl is very soft and easy to scratch. It's already driving me crazy.

OP
OP
Vectors2Final

Vectors2Final

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
Car looks awesome! Congrats and enjoy that beast! If you need anything for it feel free to shoot me a PM or reach out to us here at Lethal Performance. :like: www.lethalperformance.com
Thanks!

I'll probably start out with headers and eventually get a Whipple or something. lol

Sponsored

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
You gonna run that stupid front tag that Texas makes ya do? Beautiful car!

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Uh never have I run a front plate here in TX. On any of my cars... Yes it is the law to have front and rear plates here in TX but I've never seen or heard of it being enforced. Also, there currently is a house bill up for vote about not requiring it.

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
Really love the ruby red! My 17 raptor is ruby red, would have ordered my R in it as well probably if I didnā€™t sneak into it at msrp after someone else ordered and backed out (black with red pinstrip is damn cool too but not as easy to keep clean!

Sponsored

Digitalwiz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 2 / 2012 Audi R8
I love that color, congratulations. I wanted something dark this time and got a magnetic with aftermarket stripes. No white borders. They scratch easily too.

OP
OP
Vectors2Final

Vectors2Final

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
We can get you squared away when you're ready! Send me a PM with anything you need and i can help you out.
Will do, thanks! I'll figure out what I'm going to do before long.

I want my shop to go up first, because that means the lift is coming :)

Never... haven't run a front plate in many moons.

Uh never have I run a front plate here in TX. On any of my cars... Yes it is the law to have front and rear plates here in TX but I've never seen or heard of it being enforced. Also, there currently is a house bill up for vote about not requiring it.
Exactly.

Never ran one with my CTS-V, F80 M3, Gen 6 Camaro, etc. No reason to start now. :like:

Really love the ruby red! My 17 raptor is ruby red, would have ordered my R in it as well probably if I didnā€™t sneak into it at msrp after someone else ordered and backed out (black with red pinstrip is damn cool too but not as easy to keep clean!
I was actually about to pull the trigger on a Raptor. My brother-in-law has a performance blue 2019, and I was sold. I have a 2011 Limited with the 6.2 paid for, and the wife wasn't wild about me buying two cars at once, especially when I had my last two for an average of nine months. :crazy: The GT350 won out, and this car amazes me every time I get in it. Not something I've been able to say in the past... I may have been in a Raptor if the local market didn't suck so much, but I may try to jump into one in a year or so once the dust settles on this one.

I love that color, congratulations. I wanted something dark this time and got a magnetic with aftermarket stripes. No white borders. They scratch easily too.

Thanks! Yeah, there's just no way I can cope with these stripes and I don't trust anyone near the paint.

OP
OP
Vectors2Final

Vectors2Final

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
Took about ten minutes to install the new LED reverse light today, and I discovered a new spot where rocks like to live.

te6b86m.jpg

I really need to do my garage floor.
tBuRJnn.jpg

lew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lew
Vehicle(s)
19 GT, 23 STX 4wd. TT, 19 BMW X4 M40i, 15 800r
You have a beautiful car, congrats. I am with you on the stripes and love the color. My next one will be a 350:like: