Sponsored

My new 2018 PP inspired custom console and knee bolsters

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
Since I first read about and saw 2018 PP center console and knee bolsters I knew I got to have something better than what Ford gave us in the GT350. I thought about buying those pieces but the cost was prohibitive. So I ended up making a better version (I like to believe that) that fits better with the rest of our interior and had a local upholstery shop implement it :)

I attached a couple of pictures with the result. Once they are in the car I will take a few more pictures.
IMG_0889.jpg
IMG_0890.jpg
Sponsored

geepaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350, '15 WRX STI Launch Ed, '03 SVT Cobra (RIP)
Very nice

Sponsored

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
Looks great! :thumbsup:

Did you have an auto upholstery shop do that? Or did you do it yourself?

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Dude im on the same boat as you, I really wanna change mine to those, how are you gonna get around the e-brake boot being stuck on in the current one?

OP
OP

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
Dude im on the same boat as you, I really wanna change mine to those, how are you gonna get around the e-brake boot being stuck on in the current one?
Ebrake boot is not stuck to the top cover of the console. It is screwed on the center console frame using 2 screws. Really easy to remove if you need to (after you have the center console cover off).

OP
OP

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
Nice! What are you using to install the bolsters?
I did buy a set of factory bolsters and console from a junk yard. So what you see here is the actual factory bolsters covered with nicer material and a little padding. All the factory mounting points stay the same (in the case of the bolsters the white clips and magnet).

Looks great! :thumbsup:

Did you have an auto upholstery shop do that? Or did you do it yourself?
Absolutely an upholstery shop. Just the idea, design and assembly/disassembly I did since I do not trust many people with taking my car apart.

Last edited:

Sponsored

texrock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
OP that looks really good.

cj pony parts has an instructional video on how to DIY. Definitely worth looking into sourcing something from a fabric shop.

[ame]

OP
OP

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
Just finished the install. Everything was smooth except the shifter boot trim ring which was extremely tricky to do without destroying stuff because tolerances are tighter now. I had to pull all the tricks I knew with a lot of help of some innovative verbal encouragements :) The overall very loose (except that shifter thing) tolerances Ford has on this car helped a lot. Now my center console feels like my old BMWs - solid and tight. Couple of pictures below.
IMG_0892.jpg
IMG_0895.jpg

texrock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
The finished product looks amazing. I think I found my first project.

Did you order the shift boot and e-brake boot from someone or did the upholstery place you went to make those too?

OP
OP

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
The finished product looks amazing. I think I found my first project.

Did you order the shift boot and e-brake boot from someone or did the upholstery place you went to make those too?
The boots were made by Redline and I did the install. The armrest is also Redline but I asked my shop to do it (install it on the lid) since it is a bit more involved. I used a slightly lighter shade of alcantara for them since I wanted the contrast from the all black console. The knee bolsters have the same color alcantara as the rest of the car.

texrock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
What material did you use on the console? vinyl or leather?
Sponsored