Sponsored

My Mustang Won't Start

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
To me, not much of this makes sense
Good to see it's going again (?). Reckon you're spot on ...it doesn't make much sense. Batteries need no programming but I guess if the dashcam install compromised a fuse...maybe...although IIRC it's unusual for an accessory to piggy back the starter fuse which (again IIRC) is actually a fusible link under the bonnet.

Who installed the dash cam?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Nel66

Nel66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nelson
Vehicle(s)
Toyota - Soon to be Mustang GT Convertible
Good to see it's going again (?). Reckon you're spot on ...it doesn't make much sense. Batteries need no programming but I guess if the dashcam install compromised a fuse...maybe...although IIRC it's unusual for an accessory to piggy back the starter fuse which (again IIRC) is actually a fusible link under the bonnet.

Who installed the dash cam?

The camera wasn't dealer installed. It was installed by a mobile company that does this type of work. They had already installed Blackvue cameras on both my wife's and my son's cars.

I'll try and get a better explanation once I pick up my car.

On another note, Ford Australia has been calling me regularly to ask if the service department is contacting me, if I need a courtesy vehicle and if they can do anything else for me.... they've been surprisingly good...

OP
OP
Nel66

Nel66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nelson
Vehicle(s)
Toyota - Soon to be Mustang GT Convertible
That's what they are inferring too... They say that the dash cam has a faulty connection to the fuse box and is blowing a 20amp fuse.

The weird thing is NRMA inspected all the fuses and said they were fine. I think they couldn't figure out what had caused the car to need reprogramming and that wass the only obvious fault they could find.

MISCHVOUS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen/Pauline
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT/CS,
It depends on how they connected it. Some people just bare the wire and pull a fuse out and jamb the wire under the fuse connection as they push it back in. This can cause a poor connection and overheat the connection, often melting the fuse. I have seen this a lot. The installer is probably not a qualified trades person and doen't really know what they're doing.
Sponsored