Sponsored

My long-awaited EURO Mustang EcoBoost: please welcome The Italian Pony!

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Congratz again, I personally didn't had the patience to compose a thread like this when I took delivery ;)

Sorry to see you have the same rear window alignment like most of us as well!

I did find a paper of the Ivory Arrow as well, yet without the Zeebrugge mention, so I think the Ivory was used to go to customs in Antwerp since myself and the dealer are pretty convinced that my car came on the Galveston Highway.

Btw I had the same description of the gravel as well!

Sponsored

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Outstanding write up, man. Your love of your Mustang and cars in general came through in your posts. Looking forward to seeing what you do with that sweet ride.

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Well, that's great news! Well done! At least, you earned something. Now I noticed that Ford removed the word "front" from the site. They learned that copy-paste is not always a good thing ......:D

Usually Ford uses Xvision for sensors. http://www.xvisionsystems.com/Products/Parking-Sensors/
At least they look pretty same as the OEM.
Let us know what they have finally suggested to you.

And this coat hanger thing I'm sure that it is almost useless at this position. Not only distract the driver but I think that will also distract the airbag in case of heavy coat/jacket.
Oh God..!! They really removed the word "front" from the configurator!! I checked when the dealer said that ford was aware of the error but it was unchanged.. :eyebulge:
However the forgot to change it in the price list, so someone else could ask for the sensors!
I hope they are really OEM and integrated in MFT.

Welcome to the group papinist...

if you ever get the chance to remove the front or rear bumper, please take pictures so those of us in America can see if Ford is using a different bumper support for the rest of the world.

In America the bumper support is extremely heavy.
In the next weeks I will remove at least front bumper to send the headlights to install tribar led drl, so I can take these photos for you guys!

Congratz again, I personally didn't had the patience to compose a thread like this when I took delivery ;)

Sorry to see you have the same rear window alignment like most of us as well!

I did find a paper of the Ivory Arrow as well, yet without the Zeebrugge mention, so I think the Ivory was used to go to customs in Antwerp since myself and the dealer are pretty convinced that my car came on the Galveston Highway.

Btw I had the same description of the gravel as well!
I know, it has been a long job but I really want to show US guys the differences in EU-US version!
I'm not sure for customs, some info we gathered said that, after zeebrugge for undercoating, our mustangs went toLivorno and rest at the dock since 7th august for customs clearance.
But... who knows?

six_shooter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 DIB, 2018 HD Iron 1200
Congrats on that beautiful car. The red with the silver wheels looks great!

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
papinist - don't know if you said already, but I was curious what Ford charges for the destination shipping cost of a new Mustang to Italy.

Sponsored

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
Bella macchina. Well photographed and documented. Ford should offer you a global sales position. Guidare sicuro il mio amico

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP
Thanks for the pictures of the bumper support when you get to it. There is a small chance the euro mustang is equipped with a lighter version of the support... more than likely it would be the rear, but seeing the front helps to.

Flak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SVT Fusion Coupe
When I compare domestic to foreign autos in the US, some brands like BMW in Germany a 3 series is just another sedan and they are basically common where as in the US it is perhaps not 'exotic' but it is considered a grade above other cars (entry luxury) that are sometimes better and usually better values. Do you feel that the Mustang in the EU is the same way in that it will be considered to be 'better' or more exotic/luxury than if the same car came with an EU brand badge on it? Will it be considered junky because it is US like Korean cars were here for many years regardless of the actual quality?

friendgr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When I compare domestic to foreign autos in the US, some brands like BMW in Germany a 3 series is just another sedan and they are basically common where as in the US it is perhaps not 'exotic' but it is considered a grade above other cars (entry luxury) that are sometimes better and usually better values. Do you feel that the Mustang in the EU is the same way in that it will be considered to be 'better' or more exotic/luxury than if the same car came with an EU brand badge on it? Will it be considered junky because it is US like Korean cars were here for many years regardless of the actual quality?
In my opinion, Mustang in EU considered as iconic sports car. The reason is because of the historic myth and because it is rare (you don't see Mustang in EU, until now) . In general, only some of American cars have a good reputation in Europe such as Mustang, Corvette, Camaro, Challenger. All of these are "forbidden" to Europe because of high import taxes and no repair support.

It is not considered junky. No. BUT it is not considered exotic or luxury either. Equivalent price premium brand names have better quality materials and much more build quality assembly. (Bmw 5-series, Mercedes E-class etc) . Americans doesn't care for luxury. Even the lincoln limo seems to be a fake/cheap luxury versus a Mercedes S-Class. I clearly remember the cheap switches, or door handles or the chinese looking leds around the seats and roof.

As I have already mentioned at another thread, I believe that now with the global production and relatively cheap price, Mustang will be no longer considered as a unique/special car. In the next couple of years we'll see a lot of Mustangs around EU streets. This, will NEVER happen with Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, Jaguar, Aston Martin etc.... if you know what I mean...;) *

*unless you live in Monaco which is common to see all exotics around the streets every day, every time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
papinist - don't know if you said already, but I was curious what Ford charges for the destination shipping cost of a new Mustang to Italy.
Surprisingly, we don't have a 'destination shipping cost' here. But probably only because it's already included in final price..

These are the only amounts needed for a Mustang here:
- the car itself: 36,000 eur for the EcoBoost and 41,000 for the GT - these are raised by 2,000 eur after 1st july. It's higher than your price list but keep in mind that basically it's a Premium with performance pack and probably some other features from other packages (I haven't get the Tatcham alarm, but still have perimeter and volumetric alarm);
- custom pack: 2,700 eur - includes navigation pack (whit 12-speaker shaker system), rear parking sensors, heated\cooled seats, nickel alloy wheels, chrome windows trim and better quality interiors;
- registration tax: 975 eur - varies by county.

The dealer won't ask for anything else, all other costs are taxes (yet the registration tax IS a tax, not a Ford income)
These prices have slight variation across Europe, again without considering taxation that in some countries is absurdly high (like Norway or NL)

Similar to what my greek friend said, it's absolutely not considered 'junk'! Nor the mustang neither other american cars, or ford itself. I bet many people don't even know that Ford is an american brand..
Mustang is considered a sport car and has an iconic image, at this time probably we haven't an accurate judgement because it's 'new' for us - it's an head turner when you pass by but also when my friends seats in it.
I have a friend with a BMW 5-series and he is not so excited with the interior (though I don't like the 'austerity' of BMW interiors), but when I let him drive for a few km, he was overwhelmed :D

Here in Italy we consider not 'junk' but 'cheap brand' cars by skoda, daewoo, dacia and similar, but all models sold here are small city cars - I have barely seen a skoda sedan around here.
You will probably be surprised to know that Chevrolet here sells Daewoo rebranded cars and only a few (or nothing) chevvy cars. We have the Chevrolet Matiz, previously known as the Daewoo Matiz :D

Sponsored

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
As I have already mentioned at another thread, I believe that now with the global production and relatively cheap price, Mustang will be no longer considered as a unique/special car. In the next couple of years we'll see a lot of Mustangs around EU streets. This, will NEVER happen with Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, Jaguar, Aston Martin etc.... if you know what I mean...;) *

*unless you live in Monaco which is common to see all exotics around the streets every day, every time.
That's why they do a slow roll-out, they want to keep it exclusive for as long as possible and don't want to see a mustang on every street corner in the first 4 to 5 years. In every street you might see a Fiesta though!

I still haven't seen a single one on the road in the 5 weeks I'm driving mine. My dealer is 40KM away from my town, he had 45 orders at the moment of my delivery, by now +-15 are already delivered. The first local dealer I visited had 20 orders and I still didn't see any except for their demo car, this dealer is about 8Km away from me.

If I locally see a mustang it's either an oldtimer like a 67FB, 72 Mach and a few 65/67 Verts, a few newer ones like the V6/V8's and 1 Blue Shelby all ranging from 2005 up to 2013.

I know, it has been a long job but I really want to show US guys the differences in EU-US version!
I'm not sure for customs, some info we gathered said that, after zeebrugge for undercoating, our mustangs went toLivorno and rest at the dock since 7th august for customs clearance.
But... who knows?
I see, maybe only the Belgium cars went to Antwerp customs after the undercoating. And the rest to the customs of the destination country.

btw papinist, did you talk about the rear window with your dealer and front lip of the hood alignment? What did he had to say about it?
I hope you have a good dealer that will take care of you no matter what's up! Just curious how other dealers handle the EU roll-out, warranty and customer services, as it's not only new for us but mostly for them.

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
That's why they do a slow roll-out, they want to keep it exclusive for as long as possible and don't want to see a mustang on every street corner in the first 4 to 5 years. In every street you might see a Fiesta though!

I still haven't seen a single one on the road in the 5 weeks I'm driving mine. My dealer is 40KM away from my town, he had 45 orders at the moment of my delivery, by now +-15 are already delivered. The first local dealer I visited had 20 orders and I still didn't see any except for their demo car, this dealer is about 8Km away from me.

If I locally see a mustang it's either an oldtimer like a 67FB, 72 Mach and a few 65/67 Verts, a few newer ones like the V6/V8's and 1 Blue Shelby all ranging from 2005 up to 2013.
I have never seen a Mustang around here. No older models, no Shelby, no customized... and obviously no S550. My dealer said they has 6 orders included mine and his demo car.
The other nearest dealer (in Pisa) has 6 orders too, so I assumed it will remain VERY exclusive here :)

I see, maybe only the Belgium cars went to Antwerp customs after the undercoating. And the rest to the customs of the destination country.

btw papinist, did you talk about the rear window with your dealer and front lip of the hood alignment? What did he had to say about it?
I hope you have a good dealer that will take care of you no matter what's up! Just curious how other dealers handle the EU roll-out, warranty and customer services, as it's not only new for us but mostly for them.
Since my dealer is 60 km away, I always use email to communicate. I write him about the dent, the misalignment and a problem with pony projection lights (they lights up only with engine on). Well, 9 days has passed without reply...

panic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Congrats for the buy, the problem having a red Mustang in Italy is that not only common people will think you're driving a Ferrari but also the ''Finanza'' :D with the consequences that the majority of italians know and fear..

When I was still leaving home in Sorrento (up to more then a decade ago) I have been stopped by all kind of pĂłlice not only for checking docs which happens in all normal countries but also to ask BS questions such: ''What's your job?'', ''How much did the car cost?'' etc etc...

I've bought a Mustang where I live and work now (Spain), same color as yours but with the V8 engine, I pay 1400 Eu of all risks insurance coverage and 130 Euros of taxes...:cheers: and I don't belong to the ''bads'' cathegory because I have a brilliant car with a huge engine, I'm just one that enjoys the reward of a life of hard work and plenty of sweat.

Said that, the Mustang is a hell of a car, fast, comfortable, beautiful and cheap (for what the car offers the buyer).

Enjoy...:thumbsup:

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
congrats to the OP!! This made me all warm and fuzzy inside. It's astonishing to hear someone describe how overwhelming the power of the ecoboost is :) haha very happy with mine but I will always long for more powaaaa

Sorry to see panel fittment issues. Unfortunately this is a Ford trademark :/ I had a '13 focus with big gaps in the trunk and a few places elsewhere. Makes me wonder if other Ford cars in Europe have the same problem

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Congrats for the buy, the problem having a red Mustang in Italy is that not only common people will think you're driving a Ferrari but also the ''Finanza'' :D with the consequences that the majority of italians know and fear..

When I was still leaving home in Sorrento (up to more then a decade ago) I have been stopped by all kind of pĂłlice not only for checking docs which happens in all normal countries but also to ask BS questions such: ''What's your job?'', ''How much did the car cost?'' etc etc...

I've bought a Mustang where I live and work now (Spain), same color as yours but with the V8 engine, I pay 1400 Eu of all risks insurance coverage and 130 Euros of taxes...:cheers: and I don't belong to the ''bads'' cathegory because I have a brilliant car with a huge engine, I'm just one that enjoys the reward of a life of hard work and plenty of sweat.

Said that, the Mustang is a hell of a car, fast, comfortable, beautiful and cheap (for what the car offers the buyer).

Enjoy...:thumbsup:
I know what you mean, and some friend told me to beware of that... but when they will see that the car is relatively cheap and I have a job that won't make me rich but can allow me to have such a car, I hope all problems will go away..
Unfortunately this is Italy my friend.. :-/ 100% full of beautiful places, 50% full of beautiful people and 0% full of beautiful politicians.

congrats to the OP!! This made me all warm and fuzzy inside. It's astonishing to hear someone describe how overwhelming the power of the ecoboost is :) haha very happy with mine but I will always long for more powaaaa

Sorry to see panel fittment issues. Unfortunately this is a Ford trademark :/ I had a '13 focus with big gaps in the trunk and a few places elsewhere. Makes me wonder if other Ford cars in Europe have the same problem
Yeah it's very rare here for a 'regular' guy to have a 300+ hp car! Even my previous car has a lot of power compared not only to the average car but even to the entry level sport cars.

I can't remember of panel alignment issues on other ford cars, probably because other ford cars are built in europe?
Sponsored

Last edited: