Sponsored

My long-awaited EURO Mustang EcoBoost: please welcome The Italian Pony!

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Exited for you buddy :cheers: great pics and write up :first:

I'm off to Bologna on Sunday, going to help get rid of the wine lakes we hear about :lol:

Maybe I'll see a Mustang or two, give them Italian roads hell!! :headbang:
Sponsored

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
I think all the 50th anniversary cars here are GT's and have the faux gas cap that say GT. Yours has the pony instead of the "GT".
Oh didn't know that. Perhaps the 50th appearance package is different?

congratulazioni!! È bellissima la tua macchina. Io sono abitato a Firenze per un'anno molti anni fa. Dimentico l'Italiano ogni giorno. Devo praticare di più.
Being one of the very few Mustangs in the Tuscany area must make you feel as special as a Ferrari owner. Enjoy the ride and welcome to the Mustang club!!
Grazie! Good italian :clap2: Actually it feel better than having a Ferrari (well maybe not better than having a VERY hig end Ferrari like an Enzo :ninja:) because you cant daily drive a Ferrari.. instead I use my Mustang to go to work, to the cinema, to the mall.. I use it everyday and for all my needs, like a 'regular' car :)
And Mustang is so 'american' even if the 6th generation is less 'extreme' in lines than past generations.

The Euro spec mustang looks good also, congrats!

Something I noticed in your pic:
What are the numbers under the headlight knobs label 1,2,3,4?
When you put on reverse, does the middle section of the lamp housing lit up red?
Below the side mirror adjustment knob, is that a button to automatically fold the mirror up?!
.Numbers are the different height settings for headlights. It's required by law in Europe that you can adjust headlights height based on how many weight you have in your car. Nevertheless, I never have used that in my previous cars - always set to 1st position (max height) that is the standard headlamp height.

.No, reverse only lights up the two white sections. The central red section is used for rear fog lights. I never realize why in US you don't have rear fog lights.. Don't you have fog in US? :confused: On the other hand, you have front fog lights :)

.Yes, that button is for electrically fold the wing mirrors. I should take a video of that!

Great pictures! The larger side view mirrors actually look pretty normal to me
They are quite big but similar to other modern (EU) cars. Fact is, we always watch videos of US version with its slim, sexy wing mirrors.. :D

demas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang 5.0
Congrats man!!! beautiful car!!!
now - LET THE MODS BEGIN!! :)

I live outside the US (Israel) and we have the same barriers here with these mustangs.
I imported my 14GT straight from the US.. its annoying we need to pay so much, but it worth it!
ENJOY and drive safely!

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Congrats man!!! beautiful car!!!
now - LET THE MODS BEGIN!! :)

I live outside the US (Israel) and we have the same barriers here with these mustangs.
I imported my 14GT straight from the US.. its annoying we need to pay so much, but it worth it!
ENJOY and drive safely!
Thank you! Yes I will start modding, but probably barely nothing on power.. 317 hp is soooo much power compared to my previous car, and to our (bad) roads!
I want my Mustang to be as american as possible, so first mod will be get rid of that clear taillights.
First attempt will be with red vinyl kit; if I fail in installing that, I'll get the body shop to paint them with transparent red :D
Then, add sequential AMBER turning lights and front led tribar drl - has to be a real american Mustang :headbang:

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
.No, reverse only lights up the two white sections. The central red section is used for rear fog lights. I never realize why in US you don't have rear fog lights.. Don't you have fog in US? :confused:
People here usually turn on all their lights when in the fog, so seems like a little red light in the middle of the reverse light isn't going to help out much more when all the tail lights are already on. Guess I don't really see the use of the rear fog light that required in the EU ... :confused:

Sponsored

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
in EU (or at least in Italy) fog light is used in conjuction with all other lights on. In fact, it can be switched on only when other lights are on.
Fog light is brighter, probably bright as the braking lights so it's clearly visible with deep fog from a greater distance (when you see the fog light, standard rear lights are not visible yet).
You can have a really bad day with thick fog!

However I hardly ever use it, because I'm always faster than others so rarely I have someone behind me :lol:

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
People here usually turn on all their lights when in the fog, so seems like a little red light in the middle of the reverse light isn't going to help out much more when all the tail lights are already on. Guess I don't really see the use of the rear fog light that required in the EU ... :confused:
Like Papinist said, the rear fog light is SUPER bright. Even more bright than brake lights. In fact it is illegal to have it on when there is no (or too light) fog because it annoys the hell out of everyone else on the road behind you.

WeinerDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT/PP
Congrats and thanks for the great pics!

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
Last time I was driving in Europe (April-May this year) I drove a Skoda from France to Spain via Andorra. I never noticed a headlight height adjuster. Maybe I just wasn't looking for that and was instead focused on trying to figure out where the hell I was going!

It's refreshing to hear someone from Europe comment on the positive aspects of American automobiles (ahem, Top Gear). To be honest, the 6th-generation Mustang is the first one that really changed my opinion for the positive. Trucks, yes: We do trucks well. But sports cars? The Corvette has long been a solid choice, but there hasn't been much from America that is A) affordable and B) can hold its own with European and Japanese offerings until the new Mustang.

Back when I was drag racing in my high-school days I loved the Camaro. Now, though, I think I'm firmly with Team Blue on this one.

Sponsored

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
"I want my Mustang to be as american as possible, so first mod will be get rid of that clear taillights."

Haha, we all want what we can't have. You should be able to order US taillights and they would bolt right in unless the wiring was somehow different. Heck, I bet you could get a US owner to trade you taillights. If you are at you dealer sometime, get them to look up the fuax gas cap and see how much it is. The actual anniversary cars were GT only but the US version of the anniversary trim package has a gas cap similar to yours but it says "50 years" under the pony. I might try to find one of these... I also like the 50 year grill. Was the grill available on the Euro cars?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
"I want my Mustang to be as american as possible, so first mod will be get rid of that clear taillights."

Haha, we all want what we can't have. You should be able to order US taillights and they would bolt right in unless the wiring was somehow different. Heck, I bet you could get a US owner to trade you taillights.
Since the EU cars have different use of the tri-bar tail lights when the turn signals are on, I'm thinking the wiring harness would be a little different in order to control the turn signals like they do on the EU Mustangs.

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)

Haha, we all want what we can't have. You should be able to order US taillights and they would bolt right in unless the wiring was somehow different. Heck, I bet you could get a US owner to trade you taillights. If you are at you dealer sometime, get them to look up the fuax gas cap and see how much it is. The actual anniversary cars were GT only but the US version of the anniversary trim package has a gas cap similar to yours but it says "50 years" under the pony. I might try to find one of these... I also like the 50 year grill. Was the grill available on the Euro cars?
Since the EU cars have different use of the tri-bar tail lights when the turn signals are on, I'm thinking the wiring harness would be a little different in order to control the turn signals like they do on the EU Mustangs.
US taillights have a different connector; moreover, they won't work unless you heavily mod that - sequential RED is illegal in most EU countries so we need sequential AMBER, then we need to mod the brake light that lights up only the two inner bars (unlike US that lits all three bars).
So swapping with some US guys or modding our clear tail lights would both require some work.
However there is an user in Poland that has modified imported Mustangs for years and is working on these 'fix'.

The grille of 50th appearance trim is not available in Europe (also, the V6 is not available in Europe, only 2.3 and 5.0), and at this moment our dealers can't provide any spare parts.. mine doesn't even know how much warranty I have on this car!!

Edit: would be interesting to know if the sequential thing is controlled by the ECU or by a circuit in taillights..

friendgr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh you are right, I forgot to elaborate about front parking sensors!
I explain to the dealer that ford website reported Front and rear parking sensors, even the amateur-made brochure they had in january reports them.. so since ford don't give me any discount on the car price, I don't let ford give me less than what they promised. I asked him to contact someone higher at ford to ask for a solution (I was hoping to a refund of some type).
When I came back to take the car, he said that ford acknoweledged the error and agreed to install front parking sensor on my mustang!! :eyebulge:

I was a bit shocked, then asked him to check what type this sensors are and how would be installed: if they are as the body colour, seamlessy integrated in bumper and in MFT software, ok. But if they are some aftermarket sensors, with a separate display or only acoustic warning, I don't want to mess with this crap!
He agreed, and said that if they are good ok, otherwise he will give me the sensors and I can do with them what I want (i.e. sell on ebay). :amen:
!
Well, that's great news! Well done! At least, you earned something. Now I noticed that Ford removed the word "front" from the site. They learned that copy-paste is not always a good thing ......:D

Usually Ford uses Xvision for sensors. http://www.xvisionsystems.com/Products/Parking-Sensors/
At least they look pretty same as the OEM.
Let us know what they have finally suggested to you.

And this coat hanger thing I'm sure that it is almost useless at this position. Not only distract the driver but I think that will also distract the airbag in case of heavy coat/jacket.

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP
Welcome to the group papinist...

if you ever get the chance to remove the front or rear bumper, please take pictures so those of us in America can see if Ford is using a different bumper support for the rest of the world.

In America the bumper support is extremely heavy.
Sponsored