Sponsored

My long-awaited EURO Mustang EcoBoost: please welcome The Italian Pony!

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
Wonderful post! Your joy and excitement waiting then receiving that beautiful Race Red Mustang came though loud and clear. Prettiest race red I've seen yet and one spectator part of the world to own her. Enjoy!
Sponsored

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Very nice. Glad to see ponies in stallion territory. :cheers:

NotBlake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT (Base)
Thanks for the write-up, it's fascinating to hear how different the perspective is from a place where the Mustang is an "exotic" car. I suppose it would be like someone buying an R34 Nissan here. I'm incredibly jealous that you have Tuscan roads to enjoy your ecoboost on. There the weight savings and lighter front end would be really enjoyable!

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Looks great. Great choice in color! I bet the color alone gets you mistaken for a ferrari a lot.

It's so weird seeing all the little things ford had to change for the EU market.
What an awesome review. It's quite interesting to see how much Ford had to do to market this car Globally, and yours is only one of many markets that require certain provisions. I'm sure it turns heads everywhere you go, Congrats on finally getting your car.
Yes, someone do the simple association "red + horse = Ferrari", even if, with that stupid luxury tax, you won't see sport cars anymore around here. They succeed in destroying that market.
Someone else asked me: "is that color Rosso Ferrari?" :D

Ford has reduced features to the common minimum to achieve homologation in all euro countries at one time, so e.g. here seuqential AMBER turning light is allowed, but we won't have it because in another country it's forbidden..

Great photos.

I like how the instrument panel is still in English, but the software portions were updated to Italian. The products I work on are sold all over the world, and setting up the design to allow the user interface portions to work across multiple languages is always a challenge. Much easier when all it takes is a software change and a bad translation.

-T
Instrument panel with "Ground speed" is great and a great piece of conversation :) Here we are a bit lazy and uneducated regarding foreign languages, but we have the luck to have all translated: softwares, movies, instruction manuals, voice recognition software.
However some pics later you can see "Cputer bordo 2", well, "Cputer" is not an italian word.. actually I think it's not a word in any languages :) we use "Computer" as you, probably it was "Trip Computer" and the italian "Computer di bordo" would be too long :D

Congratulations my friend. I wish you a happy long trips !!

Now I'm waiting to see your solution about the front parking sensors.

So finally, you drilled the bumper for the license plate right?

P.S. what is this thing at the interior at the middle column above belt ? Don t tell me hook for coats....
Oh you are right, I forgot to elaborate about front parking sensors!
I explain to the dealer that ford website reported Front and rear parking sensors, even the amateur-made brochure they had in january reports them.. so since ford don't give me any discount on the car price, I don't let ford give me less than what they promised. I asked him to contact someone higher at ford to ask for a solution (I was hoping to a refund of some type).
When I came back to take the car, he said that ford acknoweledged the error and agreed to install front parking sensor on my mustang!! :eyebulge:

I was a bit shocked, then asked him to check what type this sensors are and how would be installed: if they are as the body colour, seamlessy integrated in bumper and in MFT software, ok. But if they are some aftermarket sensors, with a separate display or only acoustic warning, I don't want to mess with this crap!
He agreed, and said that if they are good ok, otherwise he will give me the sensors and I can do with them what I want (i.e. sell on ebay). :amen:

Regarding the front license plate, no I haven't drilled the bumper. I installed with 3M VHB double sided tape, after bending precisely at the same angle of the central part of the bumper. Very nice and clean :)

Yes, that thing is a coat hanger :D

That thing must really turn some heads in Italy!
More than some! :headbang:

I came here suggest naming her "8 brooms" :p

I've been to Bruges, it's very nice up there. And don't tell anyone, there was another Race Red on the showroom floor :p

Congrats on the car and on your English being better than most Americans'.
Molto bello! Congrats. Your English is very good. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks guys, it is a huge satisfaction to hear that! Most time I spent for these posts is not used for the photos, but trying to write a correct english (well, maybe more 'american' than english :D ), or at least in an understandable way :clap2:

Is the headlights height adjustment a euro spec thing?
yes, it's requested by law but I have to admit that I never used that on my previous cars :p

The car looks great, congratulations. With the Mustang Pack/Custom Pack that you have, are the Luster Nickel wheels different sizes front and rear (19" X 9" front and 19" X 9.5" rear like the U.S. GT performance pack cars), or are they 19" X 9" all-around on all four wheels?
Thanks! No, the wheels are the same 19" X 9" all-around on the ecoboost, base or Custom pack. Moreover, DMV here requires that all allowed wheel sizes are reported on car's documents, and at least here in Italy we have only 255\40 R19 reported. Based on this, we can't use 18" or 20" wheels..

Beautiful Stang, Papinist.

You're gonna love this car. Sounds like you might have the only one in Tuscany; at least for a while. :cheers:
Thanks! But no.. there's another fastback ecoboost race red (without Custom pack) at about 200 km from me, in Livorno.. it's user Tarnisil and we have met yesterday in Florence to do a comparison about our cars.
He published a detailed review with many photos here: Italian Pony Twins

Thanks to all guys!

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
Congrats on the new car! I enjoyed reading your story and I could sense the agony of waiting and expectation. I also have a red Ecoboost, so excellent choice of color! Will they fix the dent on the door for you since it was done during shipping? Also, I want the faux gas cap emblem for the rear for my car. I wonder if they are available to order in Europe?...

Sponsored

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Thanks for the write-up, it's fascinating to hear how different the perspective is from a place where the Mustang is an "exotic" car. I suppose it would be like someone buying an R34 Nissan here. I'm incredibly jealous that you have Tuscan roads to enjoy your ecoboost on. There the weight savings and lighter front end would be really enjoyable!
I had great USA summer vacations in 2014 and then in 2015: I visited NY, SF, LA, LV, the beautiful southwest and many national parks (Grand Canyon, monument Valley, Arches, Canyonlands, Bryce, Zion, Capitol Reef, Death Valley, Yosemite and Sequoia\Kings Canyon).
You can imagine how would be to see those 'exotic' cars used as daily drivers from a wide variety of people! Mustang\Camaro\Challenge, but Charger too, the big trucks like Dodge RAM, F-150 or Suburban... we haven't any of that!

Unfortunately our roads are in very bad conditions, but the Mustang even with stiff suspensions is very comfortable to drive :) I still dream of US roads...

Congrats on the new car! I enjoyed reading your story and I could sense the agony of waiting and expectation. I also have a red Ecoboost, so excellent choice of color! Will they fix the dent on the door for you since it was done during shipping? Also, I want the faux gas cap emblem for the rear for my car. I wonder if they are available to order in Europe?...
I write an email to the dealer about... mmm... eight days ago, and he never replied. Oh well, nevermind, write things remains :D Yeah they should fix everything that was damaged before I got the car.

At the moment I hope no europeans smashes its car because there is no spare parts or accessories. For the rear decklid, you could find someone that wants to swap EU version (that if I understand correctly, it's the same as your 50th anniversary edition package?) with the US one.

Millgeo5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Congrats, it is a beautiful car, have fun with it

Tweezy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
17'GT on Order
Great write up, awesome pictures! My mother is from Southern Italy - Bari - Ciao still have never been but I'm glad you have good taste in car colors!

Macfarland

MacFastang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Prius III Touring
congratulazioni!! È bellissima la tua macchina. Io sono abitato a Firenze per un'anno molti anni fa. Dimentico l'Italiano ogni giorno. Devo praticare di più.
Being one of the very few Mustangs in the Tuscany area must make you feel as special as a Ferrari owner. Enjoy the ride and welcome to the Mustang club!!

Sponsored

cyandhappiness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium PP
The Euro spec mustang looks good also, congrats!

Something I noticed in your pic:
What are the numbers under the headlight knobs label 1,2,3,4?
When you put on reverse, does the middle section of the lamp housing lit up red?
Below the side mirror adjustment knob, is that a button to automatically fold the mirror up?!

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
beautiful, wonderful review and car. I had a 2013 Mustang GT myself, and sold it earlier this year. i've been wanting to get some thing higher up the food chain, so to speak, but every time i go over it, I keep coming back to having another Mustang on the top of my list. I think the fact that it's a global car now absolutely has won me over, being that my Focus ST is such a fantastic hot hatch.

Congratulations, once more, and enjoy the new stallion.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Car looks great, and you will be turning heads for a long time as I'm sure there won't be too many Mustangs running around over there. Enjoy the new ride!
Sponsored