Sponsored

My Lego Mustang (something a little different)

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Nice! We gave both of our kids one earlier in the month, got them at Toys R Us locally. Even thought the color is more "Grabber" than "Deep Impact" it is still cool... my older son made his a convertible to match mine...
Sponsored

OP
OP
OxFord6G

OxFord6G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Premium + PP
Dude, I would totally buy one from you if you decide to start making/selling. Or if you could put together some sort of comprehensive list together as of what exact pieces we would need with a video that would be awesome too.

Excellent work!
I won't be doing a video but later I can post up a list of what I used. You're just buying exact replacements for the blue pieces and then following the same instructions that come with the set. I also changed a couple of small things along the way.

OP
OP
OxFord6G

OxFord6G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Premium + PP
Here is the info for those of you who are interested. Item quantities with a red box and a red number next to it means that I didn't use all of the pieces I ordered. The number in red is the actual number I used. Item quantities in an orange box mean they are optional.

• I bought white and black grilles for the heat extractors because I didn't know which I'd like better.
  • The 1x1x1 wall corners are for the rear diffuser. The standard kit comes with a black 1x2 roof tile
  • The 2x3 plates are optional (not marked). They replace a couple of green pieces. They're mostly covered but you could just see a little green outline where they are and I didn't want that.
  • The 1x6 black plate is for the front splitter. I moved the one that comes in the standard kit forward (towards the front of the car) one space and used this to fill in behind it.
  • I bought the Corvette kit to get the black PP wheels. I'm sure you can order just the wheels but I don't know what the part number is (or paint the gray wheels that come in the standard kit).

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Custom ordered Lego pieces? Dude you went the whole 9 yards!

Rdot9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT Premium w/ Performance Package
This is awesome! Thanks for posting all of that. Now to find Magnetic...:ninja:

Sponsored

Matt In The Hat

Hook 'Em
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Thanks for your time putting that list together for us OP. Ordered all the pieces (hopefully) today. Now all my old ass needs to do is figure out how to put this thing together, since its been about 20 years since I've touched a LEGO piece...

Last edited:

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Thanks for your time putting that together for us OP. Ordered all the pieces (hopefully) today. Now all my old ass needs to do is figure out how to put this thing together, since its been about 20 years since I've touched a LEGO piece...
[ame] :thumbsup:

OP
OP
OxFord6G

OxFord6G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Premium + PP
Thanks for your time putting that together for us OP. Ordered all the pieces (hopefully) today. Now all my old ass needs to do is figure out how to put this thing together, since its been about 20 years since I've touched a LEGO piece...
No problem. Putting it together is the easy part. I spent most of my time trimming the blue off of the stickers and trying to get them reasonably in place with my fat fingers.

Sponsored

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
So cool.

Thanks for sharing this!

Matt In The Hat

Hook 'Em
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
I'm still waiting on my Pick a brick pieces to show up... I can't wait!

OP
OP
OxFord6G

OxFord6G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Premium + PP
It took a couple of weeks for me to get everything.

Matt In The Hat

Hook 'Em
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
I finally got all my pieces in! Thanks again OP, boy you weren't lying when you said trimming those stickers was the hardest part!

All the kids together..

Sponsored