My insurance change.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Spoke to my Allstate agent a couple weeks ago. I’ve had Allstate coverage for 49 years, never changed.
My Agent recommended I move the GT350 to Hagerty (he’s a broker for many brands). That move saved me $470 per year with stated $80K replacement, zero deductible and the right to keep the car if it’s totaled.
I‘m driving right at 5K miles per year which falls into Hagerty‘s collector car policy.
Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Sounds about right given your general usage of the vehicle. I bet there's alot more limitations on that than just the 5k miles per year. So for you and your situation, it makes sense.

Unfortunately for many others, there are far too many of the aforementioned limitations (and those vary from company to company) for it to make financial and common sense.

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Good lord what were you paying? I pay $273 every 6 months.

Screenshot_20220401-173233_State Farm.jpg

gmuffley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 350 Wimbledon White Heritage Edition
May I ask what your annual premium is? I got a quote of $1100 for $70K replacement value from Hagerty-- which I did not think was such a good deal.

moby4dick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
Sounds about right given your general usage of the vehicle. I bet there's alot more limitations on that than just the 5k miles per year. So for you and your situation, it makes sense.

Unfortunately for many others, there are far too many of the aforementioned limitations (and those vary from company to company) for it to make financial and common sense.
What kind of limitations do you think there is? The one that would be a deal breaker for me is I plan on tracking the car.

Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Is this for an agreed-value/replacement-value policy?
Agreed and it’s boring New Hampshire as well. Rates vary by state big time. What is the theft rate up there?

Last edited:

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
What kind of limitations do you think there is? The one that would be a deal breaker for me is I plan on tracking the car.
They are all slightly different. But for the most part you have to own another car that acts as your primary vehicle, you can only drive to certain events and for pleasure (eg. you can't commute to work/school/errands etc.). There may also be limitations on days of the week and times of day you can't drive, mostly weekdays and around rush hour(s).

As far as track use at the very least they 100% will not cover anything that happens while you are anywhere on the racetrack grounds . But some may even prevent you from going there all together. The only insurance that is viable on track is specific track day insurance which is separate from all of this.

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro

moby4dick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
Good lord what were you paying? I pay $273 every 6 months.

Screenshot_20220401-173233_State Farm.jpg
Wow where do you live?
They are all slightly different. But for the most part you have to own another car that acts as your primary vehicle, you can only drive to certain events and for pleasure (eg. you can't commute to work/school/errands etc.). There may also be limitations on days of the week and times of day you can't drive, mostly weekdays and around rush hour(s).

As far as track use at the very least they 100% will not cover anything that happens while you are anywhere on the racetrack grounds . But some may even prevent you from going there all together. The only insurance that is viable on track is specific track day insurance which is separate from all of this.
Totally get they won’t cover track incidents. But days of the week, or not even allowed to go to the track at all, that’s untenable. But good to know if I shop around. BTW that guy pays nearly a quarter of my bill.…and I have a clean license…

Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
But days of the week, or not even allowed to go to the track at all, that’s untenable.
Again, some may be more lenient than others so it's worth to check it out. But I do know that when I tried to get this type of insurance for my GTO there were so many rules and restrictions it did not really make sense for me. If you have a show car that you only drive on Sundays to C&C, this probably makes sense. For the vast majority of others, the old fashioned insurance company is really the only option.

You can get a regular insurance for the street and buy separate track day insurance for specific events you go to. That's what most people that drive both on street and track days do.

NDALLAS40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I'm switching over tomorrow. Tired of paying through the nose! :shock:

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
I have Hagerty as well. Agreed upon value, no mileage limitations, no real driving restrictions, other than it not be my daily commuter to get to work and back. They were the same price per year as going through USAA with my other cars, but gave me agreed upon value which USAA would not. If I want to take it to the track, Hagerty will sell me a track day supplemental for the dates I'm going.

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
No insurance pays for on-track incidents. I have never seen a clause that says it will not cover a car driving to and parking in a track paddock.

It also has to be stored inside. You also can't drive it to a mall or grocery store (theft issues).

My Shelby is currently in the body shop. A limb from a tree in my yard fell on it (it was parked outside the garage). I'll pay $500 and the total bill is $5200. A few dents on the trunk lid, roof, and hood; two which couldn't be removed by paintless dent removal.

I edited the damage from $2600 to $5200. The hood had to be replaced due a slight dent. The car is still not fixed due a shortage of aluminum hoods.

Last edited:

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
When i bought my car, my insurance amount actually went DOWN! Insurance agent did some shuffling and lowered my premium of 4 cars to what i was paying for 3. Very nice surprise.
Sponsored