Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
Hey Wesley,

Looks good, now did you order the package deal? Mine is a GT so the package would have the front Pony and a GT for the rear? I guess I should ask XLume. Can the front Pony be ordered in white and the GT in red??
Sponsored

scoobydoonut

Texas Mustang Crazy GIRL
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wendy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Looks great can't wait till my colorshift chrome pony comes in !!! Did you install this from the top or the bottom ? Wondering if the car is on a lift if it would be just as easy to install from the bottom ? Any ideas anyone ? Thanks , Wendy

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I found the pony easiest to get to from the top but the wiring from the bottom.

Oh sorry about that, I was thinking about the front pony not the rear.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JohnDoe

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
Hey Wesley,

Looks good, now did you order the package deal? Mine is a GT so the package would have the front Pony and a GT for the rear? I guess I should ask XLume. Can the front Pony be ordered in white and the GT in red??
Not sure about package deals, I just added both to cart, but I'm pretty sure [MENTION=15775]Xlume[/MENTION] will work with you.

I ordered my front pony in white, and decklid pony in red.

Looks great can't wait till my colorshift chrome pony comes in !!! Did you install this from the top or the bottom ? Wondering if the car is on a lift if it would be just as easy to install from the bottom ? Any ideas anyone ? Thanks , Wendy
I installed everything from top. Didn't even empty out my trunk, just pulled the carpet back until I could see the harness.

If I were to do this again, I could probably finish everything in 30 minutes, but that's because I already spent the time to figure out where when what and why.

Watch their install videos. Only difference for American Mustangs is that we can use side marker harness, since they don't have that in EU. I found that harness a lot easier to work with than the headlights. As for the taillight harness, they tapped into the bottom harness, but I also found it easier to work with the top part instead. You will know which wire to tap into if you follow the wires from the bottom harness (in the video)

Sponsored

Xlume

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.x-lume.com
Vehicle(s)
JEEP
Hey Wesley,

Yes we can do that combo. GT letters wont be ready till end of Feb, we are still in preproduction for those.... but they look awesome already :)

Xlume

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.x-lume.com
Vehicle(s)
JEEP
Watch their install videos. Only difference for American Mustangs is that we can use side marker harness, since they don't have that in EU. I found that harness a lot easier to work with than the headlights. As for the taillight harness, they tapped into the bottom harness, but I also found it easier to work with the top part instead. You will know which wire to tap into if you follow the wires from the bottom harness (in the video)
The reason we chose the bottom half of the tail light harness was because here in AUS the test car we used had a sequencer added so his tail lights work like the US ones. When we spliced into the top half, it disabled the sequencer so we went with the bottom half (before the sequencer mod). We'll look into the sidemarker option and update the vids if it works out (Thanks Wes)

OP
OP
JohnDoe

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
The reason we chose the bottom half of the tail light harness was because here in AUS the test car we used had a sequencer added so his tail lights work like the US ones. When we spliced into the top half, it disabled the sequencer so we went with the bottom half (before the sequencer mod). We'll look into the sidemarker option and update the vids if it works out (Thanks Wes)
I have a sequencer harness too, and it also stopped working, but I fixed it by turning Auto Headlamps off & on again.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Wesley, is it me or does it look like the rear badge has a less thick black base than the front badge?

I received my front badge as well and it looks like a very well engineered product, but the black base part is so thick that it occupies the entire horse shape cavity in the grill and you can really notice the chrome part of the logo sitting on top of it, instead of being recessed into the cavity like the OEM badge.

OP
OP
JohnDoe

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
Wesley, is it me or does it look like the rear badge has a less thick black base than the front badge?

I received my front badge as well and it looks like a very well engineered product, but the black base part is so thick that it occupies the entire horse shape cavity in the grill and you can really notice the chrome part of the logo sitting on top of it, instead of being recessed into the cavity like the OEM badge.
Yeah, it's pretty thick, but I don't really notice it when it's on the car. If anything it makes my emblem look even more high end by being so big

Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Yeah, it's pretty thick, but I don't really notice it when it's on the car. If anything it makes my emblem look even more high end by being so big
And how about the rear one? Is it similar? On your vid it looks thinner.

doobynuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT V8 Auto
Hey just wondering if you have posted a batch of pony emblems out yet? I ordered in May last year and have emailed you guys and no response?