Sponsored

My Illuminated Emblems by X-Lume

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
Finally found a cosmetic mod worth my $!

Took me around 3 hours, but that's because I spent an hour trying to figure out why my Raxiom Sequential Lights stopped working after tapping the right tail light for power, and eventually fixed it by cycling my Auto-Headlights knob. (keep this in mind if you have sequential tail lights)

For the front badge, I tapped into the passenger side parking lights.

The rear badge installation is pretty much just like [MENTION=15775]Xlume[/MENTION]'s instructional video. Only thing I noticed is now there's a bright red blob on my rear view camera, but I can still see the bumper.

The best part of this was a fellow Mustang came into the parking lot to do a couple donuts, and stopped by to see what I'm up to and if I needed any help. He had a base v6 and was so stoked seeing the front badge light up that he came back twice to check up on me and to see the final results. Now he knows what he wants to do to his future GT after seeing what I've done :cheers:

One more thing to note is to pay attention to your posi-tap needle and make sure it's actually puncturing the wire. I had a couple instances where I thought I tapped into the wrong wire, but there was just no contact.
IMG_6128.jpg
IMG_6137.jpg
IMG_6140.jpg
IMG_6142.jpg
IMG_6145.jpg
IMG_6160.jpg
IMG_6163.jpg
IMG_6170.jpg
IMG_6181.jpg
IMG_6186.jpg
IMG_6183.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I'd have to see it in person...

Long as you love it...

But then I put plasti-dip on all my chrome.. lol

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Got you....

Wait, you still have the top down? It is like 40 up there, right? You put me to shame...

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Nice job!

Are the horses plastic coated chrome? I'm just wondering how long the chrome surface will last over time?

Also what's the difference with the xlume piece compared to the front Ford piece found on ebay?

OP
OP
JohnDoe

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
Nice job!

Are the horses plastic coated chrome? I'm just wondering how long the chrome surface will last over time?
Yes, I have the Black Chrome which is way more subdued, but still has a shine to it. I don't know how long it will last, but you can contact [MENTION=15775]Xlume[/MENTION] and it's a Ford Licensed Product.

Also what's the difference with the xlume piece compared to the front Ford piece found on ebay?
The XLume lights up?

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
The XLume lights up?
I think he might be asking about the Ford OEM lit pony. That's the one I got. It was first to the scene and available from Ford as an OEM piece. If you aren't going to install it yourself, prefer a dealer install it, then Ford would do it and wouldn't be able to deny warranty coverage for some electrical reason blaming the mod. Also Ford's has no wire splicing/taps, it's plug and play vs from what we saw of [MENTION=14735]WesleyEng[/MENTION] it looks like Xlume uses wire taps for power.

Maybe it's just the pictures but to me the Xlume pony looks a little brighter and whiter than my Ford OEM pony. Mine has a blueish tint to it, definitely seen, I get lots of compliments on it but not very bright. Also the price tag. I'm sure some of our well known discount Ford dealers can sell it to you for less but the retail cost of Ford's is $250, I think Xlume's is only $169.

Even though I have Ford's, now that Xlume's is available and for less money, I'd probably go with that as it looks brighter in the pics, I don't mind tapping wires and I would definitely install it myself. Actually when I bought the part from Ford, there was a drop-down to add install and they only charged $45. I went ahead and added it for that little money it was worth it. When I went to set the appointment the service shop said no way! They were going to charge ~$250 just for the install claiming the bumper had to come off. Eventually they said they'd do it and the parts dep would eat the cost because I'm a good customer but I just took the $45 back and did it myself. Bumper definitely doesn't need to come off and it was easy.

Sponsored

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I'd like to see it with a thin outline bezel. Just enough to outline it. That's really bright in the pics. Cool and different, though.

OP
OP
JohnDoe

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
I'd like to see it with a thin outline bezel. Just enough to outline it. That's really bright in the pics. Cool and different, though.
That's the problem with trying to take pictures of light. If you focus the camera on the light so you can see the details, everything else would be too dark, but I assure you in person that it is not just a blinding emblem of light. I was surprised at how detailed it is up close.