Sponsored

My GT350R will likely be my last Ford car.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Car salespeople having knowledge of the products they're trying to sell???? I needed that humor today.....
I've met a couple good ones, but none that knew more than car dorks like us.
Sponsored

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
I was just about to write this in response.. but in retrospect it’d have been nice for the salespeople to have enough product knowledge during the vehicle walk around to mention it.

When we leased my wife’s cheap fusion years back I had to stop the salesperson from what seemed to be a 20min post sale orientation... covering important topics like adding Bluetooth devices and rolling down windows with the keys.

You’d think the same company would insist their sales staff cover something as important as “your engine may burn 10 quarts of oil before the first recommended oil change interval”.

Fortunately I read manuals and joined this forum but it’s clear some did neither and before their first service interval the engine was shot.
Funny enough that blurb about the oil consumption was NOT in the owner's manual for 16MY's and early 17MY's. It wasn't until the supplemental book was sent out to current owners that many were aware of this. Scary huh? :eyebulge:

My R was a very early 17 build and I was one of those who received the supplemental information regarding potential oil consumption. Feels like it was something that Ford didn't expect, or otherwise it would have been stated in the original manual. Makes me believe that at least some of the oil consumption useage could be related to manufacturing defects that are out of their control.

But I absolutely agree regarding the sales staff. Unfortunately, it seems that us enthusiasts all too often know far more than the people selling the product. For the majority of those sales people, it is just a job, and thus the models that sell the most are far more likely to garner their interest as it is where they make the most money. Hell, when I ordered my CLA45, I dealt directly with the ONE agent that sold AMG vehicles at the dearlership, and I knew more about the car and what options there were then he did. :headbonk::lol:

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
This thread made me think of the resale value that GT350s will have in a few years time. Honestly if the car was decently made and didn't have an abnormally high engine failure rate, I would've said that a clean used GT350 would never dip below $35k. However because of all these various issues (and the fact that they made so many cars) I can easily see these going for $20-25k in a few years. :(

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
This thread made me think of the resale value that GT350s will have in a few years time. Honestly if the car was decently made and didn't have an abnormally high engine failure rate, I would've said that a clean used GT350 would never dip below $35k. However because of all these various issues (and the fact that they made so many cars) I can easily see these going for $20-25k in a few years. :(
Really? Yet right now used low mileage cars are going for not much under MSRP.

Btw did you know 2018 motor failures reported here are about at the same rate as the "abnormally high" voodoo...

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
"Abnormally high" hahahahahaha based on what
Both my R and Track pack where but in DEC 2015 and both have the oil usage statement and so do most manufacturers.

Sponsored

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
Really? Yet right now used low mileage cars are going for not much under MSRP.

Btw did you know 2018 motor failures reported here are about at the same rate as the "abnormally high" voodoo...
I am aware of the 2018 engine issues. There have been 2-3 actual failures and the rest of the complaining is due to the BBQ tick (which all Coyotes have) or a ~2000 rpm rattle from piston slap (TBD if this is an actual issue or not).

And I said in a few years with regard to GT350 value.

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
My point was that a disposable, mundane grocery getter has (and maintains) far better fit and finish than a sports car 3X the price. Nothing more. Unacceptable.

;)
My point was many grocery getters are junk.
you got a great one, super but it does not portrait and accurate
picture, I don't have any of the issues being talk about on this thread
with my car.

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I’d be pretty ok with resale at that price in a few years since I don’t plan to sell. Could probably justify buying a parts car lol.

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
This thread has become a shit show, Fred chased this car and another one as little as a few months ago, now its the worst thing he has ever owned and can't say enough bad about the whole product line. Its so bad, he took it to a car show this weekend, even if requested,
if it were that bad most would have declined. lastly, you could sell an R so fast your head
would spin, why do you still have it and why are you still here ranting about it.
I could give you my opinion why, that would only make this blow up worse than it already has, really its just sad.

Last edited:

Shabooty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
Lol, you guys are crazy. W/ that being said, I miss both of mine. I sold my R b/c it was in an accident and me being stupid w/ cars, I don't like driving around in something knowing something better is soon to be released (GT500). I know I'd get rid of it soon anyways and I've always wanted a Raptor, so I bought a Raptor. Honestly though, other than a GT4, the R was the most fun car I've ever driven. Never disappointed getting in and driving. I always told myself that I don't really care much for amenities other than maybe AC b/c I'm buying the car to drive and have fun w/. But I can't help but want those things eventually. Maybe I'm just getting old. Or maybe I feel if I spend $70k+ for a car, it should come w/ some things. Obviously the GT350R is differently than a luxury cruiser so I didn't mind too much. I will say though, fit, finish, over all quality was terrible. I also owned 2013 Boss and while not perfect, I feel was in some ways orders of magnitude better in quality. But I feel the same as DrumReaper. I'm saving up now for something a little more "exotic". We'll see... I bought this car knowing what it would be and thought I could get over some of those things but in the end, it was "just a Ford" and that always stuck in my mind regardless of how much fun it was to drive.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DrumReaper

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
This thread has become a shit show, Fred chased this car and another one as little as a few months ago, now its the worst thing he has ever owned and can't say enough bad about the whole product line. Its so bad, he took it to a car show this weekend, even if requested,
if it were that bad most would have declined. lastly, you could sell an R so fast your head
would spin, why do you still have it and why are you still here ranting about it.
I could give you my opinion why, that would only make this blow up worse than it already has, really its just sad.
Yeah yeah yeah... I guess you wanna join in the “let’s spread lies” too. Your post is foul. Never said it was “the worst thing” I ever owned... in fact I said it was he best fun factor auto I’ve ever had. You spun it to a lie which seems pretty common round here.

Maybe reread and come back with the truth. :cheers:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Lol. I think you're on crack - but I'll say two things.

1 - if they get to 20k in a few years, I'll buy as many as I can afford - just to have them go 911-964 values a few years after that. You can't even buy a track prepped Miata for that price, sooo..

2 - If by 2021, you can commonly buy "nice" GT350s for $20k, I'll post a picture of me naked, driving my GT350R (or whatever car I have then). I'm not sure if that's a promise or a threat - but take it for what it's worth. :eyebulge:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Don't disagree with him in his own thread! I certainly was put in my place and now I feel so bad.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Don't disagree with him in his own thread! I certainly was put in my place and now I feel so bad.
It’s guys like you why threads like this turn into shitshows. Because of constant posts like this.

[MENTION=9260]stanglife[/MENTION] how many times do you really need to state the same thing? Oh and thanks for turning the blown engine thread into a shitshow as well.
Sponsored