Sponsored

My GT350R will likely be my last Ford car.

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
You guys need a reality check. $58,900 is what i paid for mine and thats really not that high for any car forget sports car.
Yes there are cars that cost more but $60,000 for a car is a lot of money too most people in the US. It is Well above the average price paid for a car. And the point isn't the cost, the point is the lack of basic quality control which cars that cost half as much have.
Sponsored

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Yes there are cars that cost more but $60,000 for a car is a lot of money too most people in the US. It is Well above the average price paid for a car. And the point isn't the cost, the point is the lack of basic quality control which cars that cost half as much have.
I said the same to Minn19. Unfortunately, the way markets work, how affordable the car is to people have very little to do with this. What has to do with this is the average price of all sports cars or average price of regular cars. And in that respect, $60,000 isnt that much money. There are handful of sports cars at or around $60,000. In fact the only car I know below that is BMW M2. All other sports cars are above that price, way above in fact. Also for $60,000, you cant buy an average SUV like an X5. I consider it average because at high end you have cayenne costing as much as $150,000 and on low end you have forrester costing $25,000. $60,000 is still way below the median. I understand its a lot. But Ford is a company that has to go with profit and cost of production.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Trucks are expensive these days. Crew cab, V8, 4x4, with the modern electronics (e.g. ACC), and MSRP is rapidly approaching 60k.
MSRP, but most aren’t selling at that unless you are a terrible negotiator. Fords cash cow is the XLT Super Crew which sticker around high 40s and low 50s. After rebates/discounts they are easily had in the mid to high 30s.

OP
OP
DrumReaper

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Americans love practicality. They also love their money more than anything. When you combine these two, you have domestic car manufacturers who are in the business of producing cheaper cars with less quality than their European counterparts to meet this market demand. A lot of people who buy european cars do so for their image and luxury. Quality comes 3rd place. The undercarriage of the GT350 or just in general how the car is put together (zip ties, aluminum foils, etc) is like a joke compared to any BMW’s undercarriage including $35,000 X1. We have cars like Jeep wranglers or Dodge Rams in this country. They dont. They look for different things in cars than we do. Its all cultural and in our heritage. One doesnt make the other right or wrong. Its all about what majority wants, what the market demands, and manufacturers meeting that demand. Its not because Americans cannot build cars higher quality that cost more or Germans cannot build cars less quality that cost less. Its all about what makes business sense for their respective market segment.

As a customer, this stuff with GT350 doesnt bother me. It makes me chuckle and to be honest, it allows me to work on my car easier than euro cars. This car is a lot more forgiving. Its a lot easier to work with than my M5 was. I like that. With that comes quality issues but I m not bothered by it.
Idk if you’re American or not but I love freedom more than money. I also love having options. If someone doesn’t care to invest in their product to care of me, why should I invest in them?

OP
OP
DrumReaper

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Appreciate your comments!

Having had two 2015 GT350's in my garage for a year both of which had ~13,000 miles on each car is certainly enough time to evaluate some of the issues listed at least in my opinion. I drove those cars on many occasions including one longer trip from up North and these cars had no issues other than the ever prevalent paint issue that we all experience.

I get that some of our cars have issues and certainly understand and feel for the owners that have some issues but there are many of us that have had very positive experiences with these cars with myself being one of them.

I have stated my experiences with these cars therefore time to move on.

:cheers:
I didn’t mention this earlier, regarding the tail light panel emblem but it was denied under warranty because it could not be ascertained as to whether I did it or it was a defect. That’s not fair treatment.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I didn’t mention this earlier, regarding the tail light panel emblem but it was denied under warranty because it could not be ascertained as to whether I did it or it was a defect. That’s not fair treatment.
I have to say - that's bs.

raceredftw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/ Performance Pack
That's literally illegal. Warranty coverage cannot be denied unless they can prove you (or something else) caused the damage.

ThreeFiveO

Chassis #1356
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 Track Pack
Three years ago I sat in a $149k GTS about to stroke the check. It was a great car. I’ve owned multiple Benz’s (one of them a real AMG) and even a BMW 5 series(worst car I’ve owned) When I got out of the GTS I asked myself one question. Is this thing worth 2.5 GT350’s?
What would I buy if spending only 60k elsewhere? Wife doesn’t think I’m bald enough or possess enough gold chains to buy a vette. I disagree. I am not a Ford homer by any means but my 350 is actually very buttoned up. No squeaks or rattles, slight rear bumper gap and headlight area misalignment, very slight. I’m happy with the car especially the rawness of the drive.
Will I revisit the decision one day? Sure I am in my mid 50’s and will probably be looking for a little more refinement with equal or better performance in the near future. For now and for the money this car hit the spot. I limit my exposure to the dealer network and service by doing my own service. So I feel like I’m getting the best of what appears to be a not so great Ford experience.

Bladex10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra

Exactly. The GT350 is worth every bit of $60k on paper but at that price, You have to take some sort of pride in the product you put out. $60k is a very premium price to pay just to have to spend $2k in film to cover the paper thin paint, Do DIY repairs to bumpers and panels to fit better..etc.

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Some folks are just too fastidious to enjoy their lives, IMHO. Not a knock, some are just born that way.

My GT350 is fine, uses no oil, and hasn't grenaded the engine. I do have the right rear bumper that won't stay clipped.

I do have complaints though, I wish the Ford would fix:
1) Whatever really causes what appears to me to be a higher than usual engine failure rate, as I'd like to keep this car when the warranty is up.
2) It'd be nice if they solved the oil issue (if it's separate) as I'd like to get an R or a '19,
3) Higher than typical AC failure rate
4) Rear bumper of course
5) A better Sound system (seems like the 19 addresses this).

But none of those things make me want to sell the car. I could care less about slightly better panel gaps, mine are good enough for me. Paint looks good, Ruby Red, could be better, but again, it satisfies me and allows me to not be so anal retentive about driving it, tracking it, taking it through a car wash, etc.

Sponsored

Bladex10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
That's literally illegal. Warranty coverage cannot be denied unless they can prove you (or something else) caused the damage.

This is Ford we are talking about. Same company that told me it was normal to have an automatic transmission act like an 8 year old behind a manual transmission for the first time on take off after taking it in 3 times for repair.

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
Exactly. The GT350 is worth every bit of $60k on paper but at that price, You have to take some sort of pride in the product you put out. $60k is a very premium price to pay just to have to spend $2k in film to cover the paper thin paint, Do DIY repairs to bumpers and panels to fit better..etc.
Curious if any auto manufacturer uses "magic" paint that won't chip when hit with high speed rocks? Everyone that I know that buys high end sports cars (Porsche, MB, Audi, BMW, etc) immediately protects their paint with XPel or the like.

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
Curious if any auto manufacturer uses "magic" paint that won't chip when hit with high speed rocks? Everyone that I know that buys high end sports cars (Porsche, MB, Audi, BMW, etc) immediately protects their paint with XPel or the like.
Take this FWIW, but my GT350's paint is worlds better in the anti-chip department than the Subaru Impreza I leased or any of the four VW GTI's/Golfs I've owned. Any one of those cars would chip the paint if you just looked at it with a stern expression. :frusty: In 8,000 miles, I've had only 1 paint chip on my GT350, and that's from a track day where I didn't apply TrakkTape far enough up the hood. :tsk:

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
My paint seems just fine. It was good on my other mustang too.

So far I think I have one paint chip and I'm 99% sure it was on track. A car went through the gravel and drug a bunch on track, which I unfortunately went into right behind another car.

I do wish my bumper gap was better. Also, my splitter wasn't seated all the way but it seems stable up to 130, so I think they at least used all the parts. I'll take care of both one of these days.

I don't have any other complaints, it's a really good/cool car.

Also, Randy, if you could see the primer through the paint you missed the opportunity to have Ford repaint the whole car for you on their dime.