Sponsored

My GT350 Spare Tire Solution

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
I have the AA spare setup for my R...You do need to have the 3 in spacer on the front. Open ended lugs won't help because once you mount the spacer, which has its own set of studs for mounting of the spare, you would have the R studs protruding through if the spacer was too thin. You would not be able to mount the spare...The 3 in covers the OEM studs, making it possible to then mount the wheel on the spacer studs without any issue. As others have said, no spacer needed for the rear.
Get rid of (remove) those studs installed on the 1" spacer and just mount the spare right up on the current studs with the 1" spacer. Or, just buy the 1" spacer from CJ w/o any studs on it.
https://www.cjponyparts.com/wheel-spacer-black-5-lug-pair-mustang-1965-1973-1994-2021/p/WHSP26-V/
This is what I did.
Sponsored

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Get rid of (remove) those studs installed on the 1" spacer and just mount the spare right up on the current studs with the 1" spacer. Or, just buy the 1" spacer from CJ w/o any studs on it.
https://www.cjponyparts.com/wheel-spacer-black-5-lug-pair-mustang-1965-1973-1994-2021/p/WHSP26-V/
This is what I did.

AA is still without a GT350R spacer for that kit. I have an R and I'm trying to figure out a solution here. Defly like this suggestion. Is there a difference between the GT performance rim/tire vs the GT350 rim/tire? If not then I should need to order the following:

GT performance Spare Tire Complete Kit from AA
1 inch spacer from CJpony parts
Open ended lug nut from? Maybe the stock lug nuts work?

Thanks

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
AA is still without a GT350R spacer for that kit. I have an R and I'm trying to figure out a solution here. Defly like this suggestion. Is there a difference between the GT performance rim/tire vs the GT350 rim/tire? If not then I should need to order the following:

GT performance Spare Tire Complete Kit from AA
1 inch spacer from CJpony parts
Open ended lug nut from? Maybe the stock lug nuts work?

Thanks
The AA wheel and CJ 1” spacer with stock-style Gorilla lug nuts is what I use on my R-style front hubs. I also have some open lug nuts. But I haven’t tried to use them.
I just looked at my order from them and it says:
“2007-2018 Ford Mustang GT Performance Package Spare Tire Kit × 1.”
Their web site ways it fits the GT350:
https://www.automotiveauthorityllc....-2015-2017-ford-mustang-gt-with-brembo-brakes
So that appears to be what you need to order.

DaveJP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
If you want to go with the 3 inch spacer, I have a spare one. PM me if you are interested.
Sponsored