Sponsored

Tatonka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP, 2018 GT350SE, 2020 GT350 Heritage
Hey everyone. I wanted to contribute something to this site as I have lurked here for about half a year now. I picked up a used GT350 the end of last summer with a moderate amount of miles on it. The car was set up as I wanted with track pack, Recaro's, black roof and stripe delete but most importantly it was orange fury in color. I know everyone gravitates to their own color pallet and it is a love/hate it color. I picked up the car from (believe it or not) Carvana. The car was unmodified but had some seat wear, rock chips with bumper sag chipping. I had a buddy that owns his own body shop fill the license plate holes and repaint the front and back bumpers and Carvana picked up the bill due to undisclosed paint chips.

After much deliberation and cost estimation, I decided I was going to send the car to Shelby American and get the Signature Edition upgrade. I know a lot of guys were like it's a waste of money and send it to Fathouse etc but I didn't want boost or to void the cars warranty. I wanted a car that I could take to the track and drive it to a local show if I chose.

After I figured up cost of everything and the cost of new seat covers from ford (2k a piece) it made sense to me and to be able to have something a little different. So I sent the car out with 8 Brothers shipping who I highly recommend btw. I pick the car up in about ten days and honestly cannot wait. I will be driving it back on Route 66 for most of the trip and then hopefully swinging into Pigeon Forge for the last day or so of Ponies in the Smokies before making it back to Virginia. They are meant for making memories and enjoyment so this is my way of doing it!

tempImageVVUl4i.jpg
tempImageXJBSPJ.jpg
tempImage38rt6e.jpg

tempImagew9uc4J.png

tempImageP9KIc9.png

tempImageCgsKXx.png

tempImageGzm9DY.png

tempImageb5cE3n.png

tempImagexh3xV9.png

tempImageGPodVk.png
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
OP
OP
Tatonka

Tatonka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
There’s a Route 66 mural in Pontiac, IL that is great for (and encouraged by the Illinois Route 66 Association) for photos on your way back! It’s on the back side of the museum building. They have it lighted for night photos as well.

https://www.il66assoc.org/destination/route-66-association-hall-of-fame-museum-3/

EFE339BF-5FD3-45C6-BFF1-2B9A07370BD2.jpeg
That looks pretty cool. I will unfortunately be jumping off after Oklahoma and cutting through Arkansas to Tennessee. I plan to finish out Route 66 later and will make sure to make this stop.

Last edited:

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
That looks pretty cool. I will unfortunately be jumping off after Oklahoma and cutting through Arkansas to Tennessee. I plan to finish it out Route 66 later and will make sure to make this stop.
Sounds like a fun trip, enjoy the drive!

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
Beautiful car it looks really good. Enjoy and have a wonderful and safe trip. Make sure to take pics during the trip and post them up.

Sponsored

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase

Racinjason65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1M-82
Great looking car! those new seat covers look really good. What all did you have Shelby do to the car?

OP
OP
Tatonka

Tatonka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
Great looking car! those new seat covers look really good. What all did you have Shelby do to the car?
Thank you! The Signature Edition package which includes the FP springs and sway bars, wheels, tires, seat covers, etc with a few additional options. Extended lugs, carbon fiber hood and the Shelby coolant reservoir were the added options. I also sent a MGW shifter to be installed. I have a set of Anderson carbon items for when it gets back home.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
What a great way to give your new-to-you GT350 a refresh and upgrade!

And a Rt.66 trip home will be awesome. There are some really good books and videos out there that show all the cool things to do along the route on a state-by-state breakout, so a bit of homework before the trip will result in lots of great memories and photo-ops.

Safe travels!

Sponsored

Rb1987

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Highlander DD, 2019 GT350
I love the orange fury color with black roof combo. Only thing I like better is the grabber lime and black roof combo. Yet I bought boring magnetic metallic.

This car in the smokies should be a blast. I did the smokies Fall of 2021 as well as a good chunk of the blue ridge parkway down to Asheville. Gatlinburg was a bit too many people for me. Felt like what I imagine Disneyworld would be like.

Thanks for sharing your story. Still wish I got the orange fury.

ARAMP1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Great looking ride! Congrats!

Question for you...you have what appears to be hood pins in the radiator support but no actual attachments to the hood?

tempImageP9KIc9.png

R3G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 TRX, 2020 Shelby GT350
I love the orange fury color with black roof combo. Only thing I like better is the grabber lime and black roof combo. Yet I bought boring magnetic metallic.

This car in the smokies should be a blast. I did the smokies Fall of 2021 as well as a good chunk of the blue ridge parkway down to Asheville. Gatlinburg was a bit too many people for me. Felt like what I imagine Disneyworld would be like.

Thanks for sharing your story. Still wish I got the orange fury.
Lol Magnetic Metallic isn't boring!!!!