Sponsored

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Yes this is the hood they offer. https://andersoncomposites.com/prod...carbon-fiber-hood?_pos=4&_sid=87975a12a&_ss=r
They installed and painted the Anderson Composites hood.
Right on their page from this link.... *All hoods require hood pins for safety reasons. Anderson Composites will not be liable for any damages to the product and the vehicle caused by not properly using hood pins.

if this is the hood Shelby installs then they should know it is required.

Sponsored

CorralesR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R HR067
So, have you picked up the car? I'm in Vegas for the next few weeks. They have a Cars and coffee at Shelby on Saturday mornings. Maybe I could stop by and check out the car!

OP
OP
Tatonka

Tatonka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP, 2018 GT350SE, 2020 GT350 Heritage
I picked up the car today. Actually I only left SA about an hour ago. I’ve been taping up the front of the car for the trip. I will post some pics when I get back to the hotel for everyone. Short story is Shelby stroked it out of the park on this!

OP
OP
Tatonka

Tatonka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
So I flew in today from a prior work engagement in Phoenix to pick up the car. I basically landed, grabbed a taxi to the hotel, grounded my bag and started the mile long walk to Shelby American. I arrived to the location and looked around prior to giving Tim a call and letting him know I arrived. He came out and we talked for awhile. While I was inside they had pulled the car around front to the entrance. We walked outside and I was pretty stunned to say the least. I am just going to say that I have had all manor of vehicles and this was a pretty cool moment getting to see the difference from the day it left me in Virginia.
We went back inside and we talked and basically talked cars, Shelby, Ford, and my prior career. He took me through a tour of the shop and again, I was impressed. I got to see the entire operation, spoke with Kash and met Gary. Again, top shelf people. I would love to have a drink and sit back and really talk with and listen to these guys. Never once did I get any sleazy salesperson vibes from anyone. Even the ladies at checkout went above and beyond helping me find merchandise that was in my and my wife's sizes. I wanted to put this out on here because I don't get anything from telling you guys and I believe in trying to give credit where it is due. Again I wanted to kind of document my experience and give information as to there being not a lot of it out there on the GT350SE on the web.
Now on to the car.... Fit and finish so far that I have seen is great. Exterior is extremely clean albeit slightly dusty. This latter I believe to be from the storage warehouse where the car was kept. Interior seats were definitely re-padded. The Katzkin covers are form fitting and I have not noticed any sag or hollow areas beneath. The interior dash was slightly dusty (I believe) from the windows being down in the warehouse during the build process. I find this is pretty minor to complain about.
The car handles as expected and looks the part. I do believe that I bought an experience/memory as well as a performance package. I optioned for the Anderson Carbon hood and Shelby coolant reservoir tank. Just so everyone knows the tank does not fit with the Anderson hood. I fully enjoyed the MGW shifter that I had installed. The car feels very planted so far but I did get some tramlining on the interstate this evening but the hwy is vey corrugated so I will take on some more experiences before passing judgment. The car looks exceptional. Shelby American is an exceptional company and I understand now why the following is as strong as it is.
I used track armor tape and did as good as I could taping up the front before I take off in the morning. Route 66 pics to follow tomorrow!

tempImageNnaoS5.png

tempImageflcIKR.png

tempImageaAL5au.png

tempImage64hwBi.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tatonka

Tatonka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
The bearded guy was one of the random people that crowded around the car and were getting their pics taken with it! They were surprised when I popped the trunk putting purchased merchandise away. It was humbling that people were gathering around and taking their pics with the car. All of the people were very nice and equally happy for me.

Last edited:

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
So I flew in today from a prior work engagement in Phoenix to pick up the car. I basically landed, grabbed a taxi to the hotel, grounded my bag and started the mile long walk to Shelby American. I arrived to the location and looked around prior to giving Tim a call and letting him know I arrived. He came out and we talked for awhile. While I was inside they had pulled the car around front to the entrance. We walked outside and I was pretty stunned to say the least. I am just going to say that I have had all manor of vehicles and this was a pretty cool moment getting to see the difference from the day it left me in Virginia.
We went back inside and we talked and basically talked cars, Shelby, Ford, and my prior career. He took me through a tour of the shop and again, I was impressed. I got to see the entire operation, spoke with Kash and met Gary. Again, top shelf people. I would love to have a drink and sit back and really talk with and listen to these guys. Never once did I get any sleazy salesperson vibes from anyone. Even the ladies at checkout went above and beyond helping me find merchandise that was in my and my wife's sizes. I wanted to put this out on here because I don't get anything from telling you guys and I believe in trying to give credit where it is due. Again I wanted to kind of document my experience and give information as to there being not a lot of it out there on the GT350SE on the web.
Now on to the car.... Fit and finish so far that I have seen is great. Exterior is extremely clean albeit slightly dusty. This latter I believe to be from the storage warehouse where the car was kept. Interior seats were definitely re-padded. The Katzkin covers are form fitting and I have not noticed any sag or hollow areas beneath. The interior dash was slightly dusty (I believe) from the windows being down in the warehouse during the build process. I find this is pretty minor to complain about.
The car handles as expected and looks the part. I do believe that I bought an experience/memory as well as a performance package. I optioned for the Anderson Carbon hood and Shelby coolant reservoir tank. Just so everyone knows the tank does not fit with the Anderson hood. I fully enjoyed the MGW shifter that I had installed. The car feels very planted so far but I did get some tramlining on the interstate this evening but the hwy is vey corrugated so I will take on some more experiences before passing judgment. The car looks exceptional. Shelby American is an exceptional company and I understand now why the following is as strong as it is.
I used track armor tape and did as good as I could taping up the front before I take off in the morning. Route 66 pics to follow tomorrow!

tempImageNnaoS5.png

tempImageflcIKR.png

tempImageaAL5au.png

tempImage64hwBi.png
Car looks great! Good to hear you had a great experience as well. Safe travels back to VA!

Dharri21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HE, 2022 GT500 CFTP HE, 2022 Lightning
Vehicle Showcase
Why did they not put the hood pins in the hood? I’m curious because I saw another GT350SE online with the hood pins with the same hood. I will try and find the youtube video.

Dharri21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

At about 15:25 there is a GT350R SE with the hood pins. They are not super visible but they are there. I’m not sure if it is the same hood. I opted to do a powder coated harness bar instead of the hood for my SE. SA was great to deal with.

OP
OP
Tatonka

Tatonka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
Your video didn't load but I know the car you're referencing. I asked and said they wouldn't. I am going to add the bar you purchased a little later. I originally had it in the order but a friend talked me out of it for the time being.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tatonka

Tatonka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
I hit a good majority of the stops today! The weather didn't cooperate but I made the lemonade anyway. I appreciate the suggestions that were made. Some of my files are too large and I will get them loaded later.

tempImagecdZRWd.png

IMG_2509.jpg

tempImagep0IpoL.png

tempImageBWpNcH.png

Dharri21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Your car is fantastic looking. The SE kit sets it off perfectly. I think most will agree the GT350 is one of the nicest looking Mustangs ever produced.

OP
OP
Tatonka

Tatonka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
Your car is fantastic looking. The SE kit sets it off perfectly. I think most will agree the GT350 is one of the nicest looking Mustangs ever produced.
Bro I feel the same about your SE. When I originally was considering this, I found your post and loved what I had seen of yours. I thought the thread derailed a bit but I do owe you some credit for posting yours up. I only found two other sources of the Red GT350R online and one was just a walk around. Thanks for helping influence my investment!
Sponsored