My Glorious Return to the Mustang!

WarrenThanatos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Batman
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
Hey everyone. New account but posted here before. It felt right refreshing and starting over.

In October of 2017 I lost my Mustang GT with performance pack in a rainstorm in the first week of October. I didn't heed the advice of technicians from Ford to replace my tires (I was a day out from changing the winters) and lost control. To this day, the moment was one of the hardest I've ever cried in.

Since then, I've owned so many cars and driven even more. Type R. M235. Model Y. i3. Fiesta ST. You name it. Unfortunately, two years ago I was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease at the age of 27. This is largely due to my multiple concussions and years of playing football. It has forced me to go into disability and lose some creature comforts (the ability to drive a manual). For the most part, I maintain a healthy lifestyle and for most, "I don't look disabled."

Regardless, I had this want and need to come back to a Mustang. I finally found the one. A couple of weeks ago I found a 2021 Mustang GT with Premium, performance pack, active exhaust, digital display, safety features and...magneride. I would go in and trade my BMW 3 series. The 3 series, a 2018, was a fine car. It was the ultimate A to B but lacked any sort of day-to-day enthusiasm.

I loved every bit of my 2017 Mustang GT, but this one is something else entirely. I never thought I'd drive a Mustang and feel it exhibits the Jekyl and Hyde characteristics of an M car. The M division is one I've longed to own and was one I was actively trying to buy, before I succumbed to my instincts of the Mustang. This thing is a beast. It handles unlike anything at this size, with a noise that is utterly intoxicating. As I told my wife, every time you drive the car...it is an event. While I loved what the Type R was capable of, for most intents and purposes, it was a Civic. You needed to go to limits, limits that aren't safe, to understand what the Type R was. Despite all this, the Mustang on the interstate, with the Magneride, lovely leather interior just feels like a great place to be. In the week I've owned it, I've already put 500 miles on it and constantly try to add 'quests' to my otherwise mundane lifestyle (I sleep 14 hours a day, then want for more sleep when I'm awake). It is my first car, despite so many advanced ones I've owned...with CarPlay. Guess what? It is pretty darn neat.

My only complaint about the car so far is really just the automatic. The ten speed has a mind of its own sometimes. I love the paddle shifters and they feel lightning quick. However, the transmission gets herky-jerky at low speeds and sometimes wants to do other things. My wife often things I'm being a jerk because of this, but the car just kinda wants to do its own thing. Regardless, foot to floor, this thing moves. Ventilated seats are still not up to par with what ventilated seats are. I am constantly hot (thanks medicine), and it just feels like a wet pants feeling. Stereo is also just 'okay'. Minor complaints.

I love this car. I always tell my wife; this is an experience. It is akin to going to an amusement park or a beautiful nature walk. Some don't enjoy this 'experience'. The feeling you have to be constantly aware of the car, but it is one I appreciate more and more as the world goes autonomous or less 'busy' with driving. If you have any questions, doubts about this car as compared to the competition - have none. This thing is a grand time.

Finally, thanks to whoever had this and traded it in. I hope it wasn't for anything negative, but you allowed me to retain my dream car once again. I will take good care of it and the winters are coming on soon. ;)

TLDR: Crashed Mustang. Got disabled. Wanted fast, visceral driving experience. Found loaded Mustang. Buy it. Fun. Vroom. Vroom.

Mustang2.jpg

Mustang1.jpg
Sponsored

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
missed you! welcome back. :)

ArgentumS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, A10, PP1, Recaros, 07 4Runner V8
Vehicle Showcase
Very cool!

Remove/disable the center channel speaker in the dash. Makes a world of difference to the stereo.

OP
OP

WarrenThanatos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Batman
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
Very cool!

Remove/disable the center channel speaker in the dash. Makes a world of difference to the stereo.
I plan on doing that when the winter shoes come on.

How difficult is it? Does it actually make THAT much of a difference?

mindo389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 50th AY Appearance Pkg.
Vehicle Showcase
Ride to your heart's content, then ride some more!

Sponsored

ArgentumS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, A10, PP1, Recaros, 07 4Runner V8
Vehicle Showcase
I plan on doing that when the winter shoes come on.

How difficult is it? Does it actually make THAT much of a difference?
I clipped and taped off the +wire going to the speaker after unplugging the harness. Lime green wire. I did it about a month ago and just got back from a 12 day road trip. SO glad I did it before. Better bass, more punch, and less "tinny" high end. Much better stereo (left and right) sound. I also moved the fader to all in front since no one is ever in the back seats.

Check out these two threads:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/join-me-in-fixing-the-center-speaker-issue.125522/

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...the-center-dash-speaker-is-100-better.179697/

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Welcome back to the club!

Enjoy the new ride!

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark