Sponsored

My first attempt at keeping black car swirl/scratch free?

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Come on WD, you know you want one.

You can thank me later! :giggle:

jun1.jpg
I'm so close to ignoring your posts completely ... :cwl: :cwl: :cwl:

You know I now have to get the tape measure out to see if that will fit on my shelf ... ?

WD :like:

Last edited:

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
That Waxit one is actually a bargain considering it comes with foam.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
In general, the foam guns / bottle that come as standard with a washer aren't very good.
This ^

Plenty to choose from out there. Probably one of those "you get what you pay for" type items. I picked up a relatively cheap one (about £30 from what I remember, like this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pro-Kleen-Snow-Foam-Lance-Cherry/dp/B0725NMYMZ), and whilst it's still going 2 years later, and works ok, the foam spray is a bit messy - however I adjust it. The high end ones tend to be a bit more precise and robust.

You could consider a pump sprayer too https://www.amazon.co.uk/SONAX-04965410-Foam-Sprayer/dp/B07NQ7F548

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
WD: Ten YEARS out of an inexpensive pressure washer...whoa, THAT is impressive. I never had one last more than a year or two but maybe that's because we have year round weather for car washing.

A big ten four on flow rate vice pressure.

But whoever thought they might put a Kranzle 1122 on a shelf, it better be a mighty stout shelf as that rig is heavy.

Used mine again yesterday on a buddy's car and it is like going to the THE best self-serv1ce car wash ever. LOVE that thing.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
WD: Ten YEARS out of an inexpensive pressure washer...whoa, THAT is impressive. I never had one last more than a year or two but maybe that's because we have year round weather for car washing.

But whoever thought they might put a Kranzle 1122 on a shelf, it better be a mighty stout shelf as that rig is heavy.

Used mine again yesterday on a buddy's car and it is like going to the THE best self-serv1ce car wash ever. LOVE that thing.
The shelves are good - Network power battery racks repurposed with oak work tops ... :like:

(Very) old picture but you get the idea :

1612798400988.png

The Nilfisk just keeps running. Its Achilles heel are the o rings on the pressure hose - but they are cheap and quick to replace :like:

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
WD: Oh yeah, those are stout enough for sure but...me thinks a few inches too short for the Kranzle and hefting it to the top shelf would be hernia territory. :-) However, the shelves appear to be adjustable and I think you probably only need about 6-8 inches. Just asked mr g and he says the unit is 40"x13"x17".

<smiling> But I gotta tell ya, just like DFB, you clearly suffer from OCD as I do. Those items couldn't be more perfectly aligned if you used a micrometer. :-) Impressive and way beyond my feeble abilities at organization. LOVE those shelves and would very much like to find a cabinet with shelving that robust.

Also, I don't often see a brick-lined garage, sure beats sheetrock.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I had already measured after the earlier post :cwl: Yes, too short ... :frown:

I was lucky with the shelves, we closed our manufacturing location in the UK and I rescued a lot of stuff (the place was demolished) - Racking (shelves) / bench tops / fridge / compressor / extinguishers / paper dispenser etc

There's lots more in there now, but its still organised just as well :wink:

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
(Very) old picture but you get the idea :

1612798400988-png.png
Assuming the mini fridge is full of beers? Nothing better than a couple of cold beers on a hot day, music on, waxing away :sunglasses:

Funnily enough I was looking at garage shelving today, I do like those clear containers - they look pretty solid. Where are they from?

Sponsored
OP
OP

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 California GT: Black

spot on, it looks like a karcher (same colour copy) and one of the many that you could/can buy on ebay , I think i paid $85 for 2900 psi, one of the head pieces has split and doesnt work,
and I havent tried the snow foam head, if it doesnt work, ill go buy a new pressure washer with snow foam head

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Might be worth checking out the integrity of the fittings ie nozzle/wand union etc before you use it to make sure it isn't perished or of poor design. I had the nozzle of a Bosch washer randomly detach itself from the wand (rubbish plastic threaded wand vs bayonet fitting) before proceeding towards the bonnet of my Falcon ute at a leisurely 300k knots :explode:. Luckily the angle of attack was shallow...

Or there's this Karcher for $130 with car kit. Not up to the standard of a Kranski but then it doesn't sound like a sausage either.

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/karcher-kärcher-k2-basic-pressure-washer-with-car-kit-1750-psi-max/587085.html?cgid=SCA01011005#start=9

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Might be worth checking out the integrity of the fittings ie nozzle/wand union etc before you use it to make sure it isn't perished or of poor design. I had the nozzle of a Bosch washer randomly detach itself from the wand (rubbish plastic threaded wand vs bayonet fitting) before proceeding towards the bonnet of my Falcon ute at a leisurely 300k knots :explode:. Luckily the angle of attack was shallow...

Or there's this Karcher for $130 with car kit. Not up to the standard of a Kranski but then it doesn't sound like a sausage either.

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/karcher-kärcher-k2-basic-pressure-washer-with-car-kit-1750-psi-max/587085.html?cgid=SCA01011005#start=9
I used an entry level Karcher for many years and it did the job very well.

Of course, it go's without saying, but please don't use the brush attachment on you car.

karbru1.jpg

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Assuming the mini fridge is full of beers? Nothing better than a couple of cold beers on a hot day, music on, waxing away :sunglasses:

Funnily enough I was looking at garage shelving today, I do like those clear containers - they look pretty solid. Where are they from?
With regards to the fridge, sorry to disappoint ... lol

1612858766914.png

That's another old photo, there is also some small pots of dodo juice in there now :like:

The storage boxes are really good, they are a stiff structure, they have flat base and they have parallel internal sides / walls - the last two points being rare in moulded boxes but they make them much more useful especially for bottles etc.

They are UK (and USA) made by this company : https://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.uk/uk/

You occasionally see some of the common sizes in ASDA and B&Q. Staples has the best stock I have seen but they closed our local branch. I've also bought some both from Amazon and from them directly.

I have a 'lot' of these boxes (under bed storage / loft storage / kids toys and games storage / camping kit etc) and I also have three of their drawer units.

Some other random photos I had on my phone :

1612860037486.jpeg

1612860056934.jpeg

I think I have single headedly kept that company afloat during the pandemic ... :cwl: