My first american car

Nitrous

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miroslav
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 3.7L
Hi, I am from Slovakia from Europe and my English will not be 100% so I hope you will understand me :)

I have a Mustang 2015 3.7L US version (imported). I have him for about 6 months.

I have to do maintenance. Filters, oil, etc ...
All from Rockauto

I have a few questions about these things, because there are few of these 3.7 in my country

1, There is currently 0w30 oil in the car (the previous owner put it there) Do you recommend staying with this oil or replacing it with the manufacturer's recommended 5w20? I found out what oil is recommended for this 3.7 and is available in Europe, so they advised me this: MOTUL SPECIFIC 948B 5W20 5l 5W-20 What do you think about it ?

2, Which oil filter to use? Motorcraft FL-500S or better WIX 57502XP XP Extreme Duty ???

3, Same question about cabin air filter MOTORCRAFT FP78 or just ATP CF281 ???

Thank you very much for all the answers
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Hello. Rockauto is great. 0w30 is just fine, and so is 5W20. Personal choice here. 0W-20 is also an option since I know you guys have cold winters. I use 5W20. Motorcraft filters are made by Wix generally, so that's a draw. I personally prefer the Motorcraft filters just because, but if price is a concern, the Wix is fine. Cabin filter is whatever is cheapest, it's not very important as long as it's changed every 20,000KM or so.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Hi, I am from Slovakia from Europe and my English will not be 100% so I hope you will understand me :)

I have a Mustang 2015 3.7L US version (imported). I have him for about 6 months.

I have to do maintenance. Filters, oil, etc ...
All from Rockauto

I have a few questions about these things, because there are few of these 3.7 in my country

1, There is currently 0w30 oil in the car (the previous owner put it there) Do you recommend staying with this oil or replacing it with the manufacturer's recommended 5w20? I found out what oil is recommended for this 3.7 and is available in Europe, so they advised me this: MOTUL SPECIFIC 948B 5W20 5l 5W-20 What do you think about it ?

2, Which oil filter to use? Motorcraft FL-500S or better WIX 57502XP XP Extreme Duty ???

3, Same question about cabin air filter MOTORCRAFT FP78 or just ATP CF281 ???

Thank you very much for all the answers
Hello and welcome,

I will kindly disagree with regard to the oil statement. If Ford as the engineer, designer, manufacture of this machine. That just so happens to be. Gives a specification for consumables. I say without hesitation stick with that as the primary guide.

Question the source, many dump this and that into all machines, the primary source the wallet. Not a good source, to be kind is misleading at best.

To make a long story short, if Ford says 5-20 is the oil. No modifications to the motor, or driving in extreme or harsh conditions. Think a wise man would follow Ford as the go to.

To be clear, living in Alaska, or the desert it is recommended, check the owner manual. Using a different viscosity of oil is possible.

If the owner was sharp, you can find the manual on a shelf in the glovebox, or down load same in a PDF formate online
Air filters there is safe wiggle room there, the grade used only mostly affects the cycle time for changing.

Oil filter when in doubt factory, we all have are own preferences, me WIX just saying.

Enjoy that Mustang, they are pretty damn cool.

OP
OP

Nitrous

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miroslav
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 3.7L
Thank you very much for all your answers.
You are all very nice people. Thank you for your patience .

in our climate the temperatures in summer are 30/38C (85-100 Fahrenheit) and in Winter 0/-15C (32/-59 Fahrenheit)

So if I use 5w20 oil I have 2 questions for that:

1, what do you say to the oil I wrote? Can be ?
MOTUL SPECIFIC 948B 5W20 5l 5W-20
https://www.motul.com/us/en-US/products/specific-948b-5w20

2, it is necessary to flush the engine ? (because I have 0w30 there now)
I've heard that modern engines don't need flushing

I love Mustang 😍

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No need to flush the engine, unable to give an honest opinion for the MOTUL SPECIFIC 948B 5W20 5l 5W-20.

Regular changes is the biggest part of the deal. The onboard oil monaters are pretty good. Will adjust the oil life according to the driving habits.

Run hard, oil life diminishes, routine longer life, in a nut shell.

Do you know about or have FordPass, for the cell? Sit in your living room, lock the car, check the oil life and tire pressure. Not found the button that will air the tires.

Anyway it's a free app, have vin handy that is the key to unlock it.

Yes, a Mustang is the car to love..
Cheers,

Sponsored

OP
OP

Nitrous

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miroslav
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 3.7L
Thank you

So I'll use 5w20

Can I have more questions ?

I have brake pads POWER STOP 161791 ( not yet installed, I'm waiting for it to be warmer weather)
What brand of rotors (320mm) do you recommend ? I drive 90% in town.

And I have more complicated question.
I only have 17 wheels in the technical card and I want bigger.
I would need confirmation from the manufacturer of what size wheels can be on the car.
I wrote on Ford USA on facebook but they couldn't advise me
Have you asked ford for such confirmation ???
I do not know yours laws. We have strict laws :headbang:

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
Thank you

So I'll use 5w20

Can I have more questions ?

I have brake pads POWER STOP 161791 ( not yet installed, I'm waiting for it to be warmer weather)
What brand of rotors (320mm) do you recommend ? I drive 90% in town.

And I have more complicated question.
I only have 17 wheels in the technical card and I want bigger.
I would need confirmation from the manufacturer of what size wheels can be on the car.
I wrote on Ford USA on facebook but they couldn't advise me
Have you asked ford for such confirmation ???
I do not know yours laws. We have strict laws :headbang:
get gyro discs. they are good.
17inch wheels fit in the back so can use them with a drag tire 28/10-17 hoosier slicks on 17x9 dark stars rear rims.
if you wanna change all 17in rims you can upgrade to 19in rims from a GT or any other.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The folks that sell wheels will have specs for fit. Ford does not recognize the after market world, so to speak.

They are brand snobs, but it's OK. It is for good reasons .LOL.

$$$$$ they do not make off product sales. Not a complaint it is very legit, spread the wealth as they say.

And I am one that supports that one with my paycheck (s)

Ran Hoosier, good tire. But they can be hard to get, at times.

https://www.hoosiertire.com/tires/

Find the tire then the rim. Slick sizes, wheel dia is limited.
Sponsored