Sponsored

My dealer ordered 2 GT350`s and now say they are only getting one? Is this possible??

fstback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP PREMIUM
I ordered a 2015 GT from my local dealer last year and the order and delivery went great. A month ago I told them I wanted to upgrade to a GT350, they said they had 2 allocations and an email form Ford dated June 1st confirming 2 allocations. I told them I wanted one and they said its mine! Monday Aug 24 they text me asking what color combo do I want? I send them the combo i am thinking of that same day. Wed Aug 26 they say the car sold!! When i stop by that evening they then change their story and say they are not sure if they are getting the allocation but they say if they are getting it the car is mine.

After back and forth for a week or more I stopped by again this past weekend and ask them to show me the order again. I looked at the ford direct order in the system and the system shows the second car as "unscheduled - material hold". The dealer now says they are not getting a second allocation per their rep.

Could this be possible or is the dealer lying? A month ago they told me they had an email dated June 1 confirming (2) GT 350 cars for 2016. Maybe Ford Service can shed some light on this as the car was built in their system June 2nd!

thanks
Sponsored

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
I ordered a 2015 GT from my local dealer last year and the order and delivery went great. A month ago I told them I wanted to upgrade to a GT350, they said they had 2 allocations and an email form Ford dated June 1st confirming 2 allocations. I told them I wanted one and they said its mine! Monday Aug 24 they text me asking what color combo do I want? I send them the combo i am thinking of that same day. Wed Aug 26 they say the car sold!! When i stop by that evening they then change their story and say they are not sure if they are getting the allocation but they say if they are getting it the car is mine.

After back and forth for a week or more I stopped by again this past weekend and ask them to show me the order again. I looked at the ford direct order in the system and the system shows the second car as "unscheduled - material hold". The dealer now says they are not getting a second allocation per their rep.

Could this be possible or is the dealer lying?
Yes seems they are, see bold

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
They knew they didn't have a sales order or deposit for the GT350 and that allowed them to flim flam you and just sell the car to someone else for more $.

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
They may have misinterpreted the allocation enrollment thinking 2 cars for 2016, when the enrollment guarantees one for 2016 MY and 2017 MY.

OP
OP

fstback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP PREMIUM
The email was for 2 cars in 2016. The dealer show me their Ford Direct order screen this week that showed both cars. They said their new rep just advised them they are only getting one car now for 2016.
I sent a pm to Deysha to see if she can confirm.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

Could this be possible or is the dealer lying? A month ago they told me they had an email dated June 1 confirming (2) GT 350 cars for 2016. Maybe Ford Service can shed some light on this as the car was built in their system June 2nd!

thanks
Only the dealer and their rep know what their allocation is, fstback. I can verify both orders are in their order bank, but if they don’t have an allocation for it, it won’t build.

Deysha
Sponsored