Sponsored

My Dashcam Caught Dealer in a LIE!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Is it possible they disconnected your dash cam at any time?
How will you respond when the dealer says that's what happened?
How will you respond when the dealer refuses to look at your video?
If a dealer disconnected a dash cam I would be really upset. That is my property and I did not give them permission to mess with it. The only reason for them to disconnect it is they are doing something they don't want me to see.

OP
OP
GMONSTAH

GMONSTAH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
The saddest part of this whole affair is that it really wasn’t shocking. Somewhat surprising, but not shocking. That’s how bad it is.

I was more like, what an idiot, how did you miss there was a dash cam? The big blocky thing by the mirror with a LCD screen? :clap:

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
Did he say why?
In context, it's clearly because he doesn't want his shop to get caught joyriding a customer's car. I'd guess he gave you some BS about employee privacy.
Sorry I meant to put that in there; when I asked him why he gave a half hearted “it can interfere with some of the machines” they use there.

UserName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 718 GT4
Sorry I meant to put that in there; when I asked him why he gave a half hearted “it can interfere with some of the machines” they use there.
Queue the question: can you please explain what delicate instruments you use and exactly how they would be affected?

Sponsored

OP
OP
GMONSTAH

GMONSTAH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Update: dealer customer service rep/manager called back. They said they had to put on the invoice they put my car up on a lift for “warranty purposes”. They claimed if the tranny was low on fluid it would make a certain noise they would pick up on the test drive. Bullshit, that’s FRAUD, plain and simple. Just like the e-mail I got from them with this report showing all the things they checked... I called up Ford and registered some sort of complaint, and was told I would hear back from someone. We shall see... They kept insisting I bring the car back, and as if to add insult to injury, had the f’ing nerve to ask that I drop it off to keep it overnight and for ME to make arrangements to get to the dealership early to take a ride with a tech. I was like, ok I’ll call you back...

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
Update: dealer customer service rep/manager called back. They said they had to put on the invoice they put my car up on a lift for “warranty purposes”. They claimed if the tranny was low on fluid it would make a certain noise they would pick up on the test drive. Bullshit, that’s FRAUD, plain and simple. Just like the e-mail I got from them with this report showing all the things they checked... I called up Ford and registered some sort of complaint, and was told I would hear back from someone. We shall see... They kept insisting I bring the car back, and as if to add insult to injury, had the f’ing nerve to ask that I drop it off to keep it overnight and for ME to make arrangements to get to the dealership early to take a ride with a tech. I was like, ok I’ll call you back...
WoW!!.. Some nerve!!. Most definitely follow up with a complaint.

givemeadollar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 LFP 800
Time to take it to the news outlets in your area. Make it very loud and very public.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
So if you file a complaint with the dealer, do you trust them to take care of your car again. You know they will disconnect your dash cam. What ever you do, you will end up at another dealer.....
On the other hand the sqeaky wheel gets the grease. They may be irritated with you but I guarantee they will be on eggshells.
DO it right and be respectful and things will work out. Social Media is your friend///

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
Thats nonsense (or so argues this Electronics Engineer with 35 years of experience designing consumer & medical gear for low noise/compliance). If they found for example you had night vision IR illumination that was flickering and IF big it you were getting an alignment and IF (big IF) it somehow was so powerful it was strobing the alignment cameras (that can work despite sunlight reflect IR) well then all they would have to do is put a patch of blue painters tape over that section of the windshield to block it or let you know there's a problem. But that's a lot less likely then that they don't want you to know how they're treating your property. My dealer would never dare.

Sponsored

meterman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R KR785
1. No because the cam has an internal battery that operates for a length of time without a power source.
What dashcam do you have ?

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem. 10r80, PP1, 401A, Active Exhaust
On the other hand the sqeaky wheel gets the grease. They may be irritated with you but I guarantee they will be on eggshells.
DO it right and be respectful and things will work out. Social Media is your friend///
i dont know, i feel like if they lied to him once (and possibly multiple customers according to BBB complaints??) then they cant be trusted..

who's to say they dont 'accidentally' forget to tighten the lug nuts and a wheel comes off down the road, or they put a little water in the gas, maybe 'forget' to tighten the oil filter all the way, etc.. there are probably thousands (literally) of things a disgruntled tech/manager that just got their butt chewed out by superiors could do to sabotage your vehicle. sure they're liable IF you can prove it. time, money, lawyers.. the dealer has a lot more of all that than you do.

bottom line, after confronted, they didnt own up to their mistake, instead they made excuses and imo they cant be trusted.. op should just save himself the hassle and go somewhere else. atlanta is a big town, im sure there are more than a couple ford dealerships in the area
Sponsored