LSchicago

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
The irony is that, if a person doesn't trim the elbow, it kinks to that shape and then the internet goes crazy about "OMG it won't flow, this kit is JUNK". (even though they are making 700-900hp) lol.

Those are neat hoses, but ideally its best to just get the normal 90 trimmed to keep it as kink free as possible for the highest flow.
This is something I want to make sure I get right, which is why I'm going to stick with doing it myself. I do feel The "Cobra" style would work well (properly trimmed) as it's designed for the tight space that is left with the blower in place. It looks like it is about 4" too short on the long end though to connect to the steel pipe. I considered making a 3" Round to 3.5"X2" oval back to 3" round Aluminum connector to fit in the limited confines without crushing or expanding. Sometimes I tend to think too much. I know I will just order the long leg 90 and call it a day. I can't wait for yours to come out, but glad that it is!
Sponsored

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
It looks like it is about 4" too short on the long end though to connect to the steel pipe.
You can’t replace with a longer tube section to accommodate the Cobra silicon tube ?
If it’s standard tube McMaster has you covered and delivers same day to our area on the cheap or will call in Elmhurst.
The Cobra is the best solution and flow will not be impeded.

Last edited:
OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
You can’t replace with a longer tube section to accommodate the Cobra silicon tube ?
If it’s standard tube McMaster has you covered and delivers same day to our area on the cheap or will call in Elmhurst.
The Cobra is the best solution and flow will not be impeded.
It's a little more complicated to use the cobra, because the steel charge pipe it needs to connect to has the proflow race valve in it. Unless I added a 3" connector piece of pipe, it would be much more difficult. I'll be content just using the silicone 90 with the long leg. If they had the long leg Cobra tube, I would have bought that. Really don't want to add any more points of possible failure.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
I was gonna tell you that a straight 90 wouldn’t work but figured I’ll let you try it since you already had parts. At first I use another member’s mod, you can search for it, try something like “Procharger elbow”. It worked but was a PITA because original person here that made the thread was an HO kit.
Sponsored