My car's weight is...

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
So went to a buddies house last night that has car scales. With my mods and 5/8 tank of gas it came out to 3698 lbs (I was not in it). I can't believe how heavy this car is. I really was expecting sub 3600 so this was a little shocking. Just sharing this info in case anyone was curious. A stock car should be around 3660 or so with my options. Check sig for my options and mods.
Sponsored

Deleted member

So went to a buddies house last night that has car scales. With my mods and 5/8 tank of gas it came out to 3698 lbs (I was not in it). I can't believe how heavy this car is. I really was expecting sub 3600 so this was a little shocking. Just sharing this info in case anyone was curious. A stock car should be around 3660 or so with my options. Check sig for my options and mods.
Don't know the weight of your wheels, but that along with the weight of the larger tires could be the variation. I'm sure when ford weighs them, they are bone dry with no fluids.

OP
OP

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Don't know the weight of your wheels, but that along with the weight of the larger tires could be the variation. I'm sure when ford weighs them, they are bone dry with no fluids.
My aftermarket wheels and tires end up being the same as stock. Tires are 2 lbs heavier and wheels are 2 lbs lighter.

CrazedAntelope

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
I had my car corner balanced a few years back. This is it with zero engine mods, and some suspension mods: swaybars, coilovers, endlinks, steeda k member brace, bmr cb005.

I can't recall if I had the spare tire kit in the car for the weighin. But I was on the stock PP 19" wheels and had a full tank of gas.

3818-165(driver) = 3653

My car is a 2015 premium performance pack
Corner Balanced(1).jpg

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
I took my '18 Premium EBPP to the local CAT certified scales, and with me and a full tank of gas she weighed 3,940. For what it's worth, wheels/tires are swapped out but only saved a couple pounds per corner so not a big deal. I'm 215#, so that puts old girl at 3,725 lb. Ouch. Full tank of gas weighs right at 100#, so 3,625 on empty.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/the-what-things-weigh-thread.15864/page-39

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
I took my '18 Premium EBPP to the local CAT certified scales, and with me and a full tank of gas she weighed 3,940. For what it's worth, wheels/tires are swapped out but only saved a couple pounds per corner so not a big deal. I'm 215#, so that puts old girl at 3,725 lb. Ouch. Full tank of gas weighs right at 100#, so 3,625 on empty.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/the-what-things-weigh-thread.15864/page-39
There's a good chance my Jeep XJ weighs less than my Mustang. A freaking Jeep! :cwl:

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
Mine was 3940 or so with me in it(180lb). I have added spare tire and jack, strut tower/firewall brace, all weather trunk liner, weathertech floormats(4).

tokuzumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Escalade ESV
Not sure what you expected from a car the size of a Honda Accord, the width of a Dodge Viper, and all the required gov't safety goodies to weigh. Even the new Corvette is only 100 lbs lighter. That IRS added some weight over the live axle from the S197.

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Not sure what you expected from a car the size of a Honda Accord, the width of a Dodge Viper, and all the required gov't safety goodies to weigh. Even the new Corvette is only 100 lbs lighter. That IRS added some weight over the live axle from the S197.
I wanted 2,400# with a 50/50 weight distribution... but I was willing to accept shorter, narrower, and lighter than a Challenger. Iā€™m pretty happy with the results, but the weight delta is way less than I had hoped...

I canā€™t wait to get my ā€˜68 Plymouth Fury on the scales and see how much it weighs. My 69 Plymouth Valiant is lighter than the Mustang by 100#, I bet the Fury is only #100 more.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
My base GT a10 pp1 car was 3800 on the nose cat scaled with a tad more than 1/2 a tank. I was out of the car.

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
These are large cars, I wasnā€™t at all surprised when the weights were released. But Iā€™ve been interested and playing with American cars for a while so Iā€™m used to owning heavy cars. If anything, I think that makes the handling that much more impressive. Iā€™d be interested as to how much that A10 weighs versus a 6R80 or mt-82.
Sponsored