My car was involved in a hit and run...insurance is being a real pain

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
Well, the OP does have an interesting history of posts, poor decisions and questionable behavior, and from what I can tell, doesn't even own a Mustang any more. So he should be posting in the Focus forum.

Correction: The Fusion forum. Say that 5 times fast. LOL
it is a 4 door mustang right? šŸ˜‚
Sponsored

w0rmwood

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Question for the OP... not sure if this was already suggested but do you take any photos or videos of your car, such as for social media, personal collection or to show friends/family?

If you can find a decent quality photo or video that shows that side of the car theyā€™re Investigating as suspicious or UPD... and that said photo shows no damage, that might help. Though itā€™s only going to help if itā€™s within a certain time frame (somewhere between when after your policy started and before the accident). Youā€™ll want to also have a way to show the date/time of that photo or video.

If it is something that happened prior to the accident but still within your policy term, providing the date/time can at least show it to be UPD that you forgot about. If you canā€™t show the date/time, send it from the original device the photo was taken on, so the insurance can at least pull the metadata.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
What strikes me most is the lack of outrage about the opposite side damage.
If any of my cars, that I know to be undamaged, was hit on one side and mysteriously got significant damage on the opposite side I'd be livid. I'd be trying to find out where, when and how the damage happened and asking some seriously hard questions of the wrecker and the place it's taken to. I'd Not be posting on a totally unrelated car forum whining about the insurance company disallowing the whole claim.
This more than anything makes me believe the OP was trying to defraud the insurance company and is now fearful of the consequences.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I have nothing to add except I think I'm going to add the OP to my ignore list. As entertaining as this is, his posts scream of trolling idiocy. He doesn't even own a mustang, their posts are just bizarre and baffling.

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Hi guys,

Last week my car was involved in a hit and run while parked on the street. (driver side)

About $7000 in damages total.

At first, my insurance company was super nice, offering a rental car, and a few days ago they approved the work order at carstar.

However, suddenly, they became suspicious over the fact that there are two dents on the passenger side which was not hit.

When I claimed the damages, I said my car had no damage whatsoever (it did not)

And now they are suspending my rental car privilidges, have assigned me to a special investigations unit investigator, and they will send an engineer to look at the car and determine if it was part of the crash.

It could have hit a pole, who knows? but their attitude is to treat me like a crook and I am getting slightly nervous.

If the engineer says it wasnt part of the accident, the entire claim gets DENIED. (they cant even just fix the hit and run part)

My friend says I should just withdraw the claim because they could charge me with fraud, but the truth of the matter was that the dents were not on the car when I left it.

If they deny my claim, will it make it harder to get insurance in the future?
I was an adjuster for 12 years and if somebody claimed damage on the other side of the car I would write a separate estimate for that damage and say that I didn't think it was related. The company I worked for would at worst deny that part of the claim not the whole claim. It's been a long time since I was involved with this but back when I did it what there doing to you would have been illegal. Good luck. Ask your body shop if they would be willing to say they did it to get you off the hook and you only saw it when you saw the car at the shop if you didn't already
tell them you saw it at the time of the accident. I really hope this works out for you.

Sponsored

scotty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Oh great, it's this guy again..... Did you go into the insurance company's offices and create a "big scene" like you did at that Brampton car dealer for supposedly stealing $80 from you? (All during COVID lockdowns)? Lol. As if anyone believes this nonsense.

Last edited:

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Oh great, it's this guy again..... Did you go into the insurance company's offices and create a "big scene" like you did at that Brampton car dealer for supposedly stealing $80 from you? (All during COVID lockdowns)? Lol. As if anyone believes this nonsense.
Is this him ? I remember that thread.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, aborting thread.

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Hi guys,

Last week my car was involved in a hit and run while parked on the street. (driver side)

About $7000 in damages total.

At first, my insurance company was super nice, offering a rental car, and a few days ago they approved the work order at carstar.

However, suddenly, they became suspicious over the fact that there are two dents on the passenger side which was not hit.

When I claimed the damages, I said my car had no damage whatsoever (it did not)

And now they are suspending my rental car privilidges, have assigned me to a special investigations unit investigator, and they will send an engineer to look at the car and determine if it was part of the crash.

It could have hit a pole, who knows? but their attitude is to treat me like a crook and I am getting slightly nervous.

If the engineer says it wasnt part of the accident, the entire claim gets DENIED. (they cant even just fix the hit and run part)

My friend says I should just withdraw the claim because they could charge me with fraud, but the truth of the matter was that the dents were not on the car when I left it.

If they deny my claim, will it make it harder to get insurance in the future?
I owe you an apology. i gave you really bad advice you would just dig the hole your in deeper. What I would say is I didn't see any damage prior to the accident but you know I really wasn't looking for any damage. If you don't feel it's related don't pay for it. End of story. I didn't see the damage before the accident and after the accident I really looked at the car and found it I'm not saying it's related I'm just pointing it out to you it's entirely your decision

Sponsored

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
You done fucked up son! Lolll

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
93015982_10219156833004109_3569049253823119360_n.jpg

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
This claim is for the ā€œhit and runā€. Your sentence here clearly points out that the passenger side damage was not part of theā€hit and runā€ which is what the entire claim is based on. Itā€™s pretty clear you tried to toss in other damage unrelated to the claim to get things fixed. Good luck buddy.

Stang55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Qays
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang 5.0 Premium
Um..... so..... was the car really the victim of a ā€œhit and runā€ while it was parked is the bigger question...

You essentially lied with trying to get prior damages fixed from a so called ā€œhit and runā€... I mean, I donā€™t really need to go any further... but

Itā€™s called Insurance Fraud. If you already knew the prior damages existed - then when you were asked if the car had any prior damages - you claimed ā€œnoā€, but your answer should have been YES. You knew, you thought you werenā€™t going to get questioned and now you got busted so to speak.

And because of THAT, yes, they will investigate further to determine if your claim of a ā€œhit and runā€ is factual (or not). They have every right to deny a claim (and could drop your insurance too) if theyā€™re able to determine the claim was based on false pretenses and not legit.

Any video surveillance cams on your block, length of street or within the area where the car was parked during this ā€œhit and runā€? If so, they will be looking for those and question the owners for back dated footage (if it exists).

Good luck.

EDIT:
LMAO... damn dude... did your ā€œhit and runā€ occur during your ā€œAWD bumpy rideā€ where you damaged some things???
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/is-it-ok-to-just-change-1-tire-on-an-awd-car.152422/

Is this an early April Fools thread? Whereā€™s Allen Funt?
Not to mention possible jail sentencing for fraud as well.
Sponsored