Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
Congrats….great color choice…looks like a twin…I don’t see many TO’s around …Jacking rails were one of the first things I did…I have a set LMR355 19x10 square setup I bought on Black Friday and can’t wait for it to warm up too so I can put them on.

5E7EBE2E-FCFB-4551-AD65-0AB950168B2B.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Twister_Orange_5oh

Twister_Orange_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mustang GT Premium
As far as the jacking rails, I don't want to rain on your parade, but I did those just putting the car up on ramps :) Jacking it up was unnecessary :p However, now you have what you need!
Good thing I found a solid use for them 24 hours later then! Swapped the wheels for some 11 wides today.

Congrats….great color choice…looks like a twin…I don’t see many TO’s around …Jacking rails were one of the first things I did…I have a set LMR355 19x10 square setup I bought on Black Friday and can’t wait for it to warm up too so I can put them on.
Best color even after seeing 2022 newbies. Any type of blue is too mellow and overdone for me. It isn't often you see an orange mustang lurking through the city/country. TO is also the best orange. So many people say competition orange and I can't shake the feeling that it is because they've never actually seen a TO mustang in person.

Check out my pics guys. Inluded some amigos who stopped by once they heard what I was up to.
20220304_134922.jpg
Snapchat-1721122817.jpg

New wheels who dis.png
rear end.png
20220304_125453.jpg

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
TO is also the best orange. So many people say competition orange and I can't shake the feeling that it is because they've never actually seen a TO mustang in person.
TO is "CO done right".

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Bullitt
Good thing I found a solid use for them 24 hours later then! Swapped the wheels for some 11 wides today.

Best color even after seeing 2022 newbies. Any type of blue is too mellow and overdone for me. It isn't often you see an orange mustang lurking through the city/country. TO is also the best orange. So many people say competition orange and I can't shake the feeling that it is because they've never actually seen a TO mustang in person.

Check out my pics guys. Inluded some amigos who stopped by once they heard what I was up to.
20220304_134922.jpg
Snapchat-1721122817.jpg

New wheels who dis.png
rear end.png
20220304_125453.jpg

I see you like to Rock out, with your Crocs out...

Not the best safety footwear, lol

Congrats on starting the journey to automotive repair/mod independence.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Twister_Orange_5oh

Twister_Orange_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mustang GT Premium
I see you like to Rock out, with your Crocs out...

Not the best safety footwear, lol

Congrats on starting the journey to automotive repair/mod independence.
Nah, that's my friend who drives that 2010 Charger SRT. He's running just under 500hp if I recall correctly.

I was kicking it with some Vans.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE

20220304_134922.jpg
Snapchat-1721122817.jpg

New wheels who dis.png
rear end.png
20220304_125453.jpg
Now you have an excuse for buying a new torque wrench. Working on your own car is the best excuse to buy new tools, been using it for years!
Those lugs need to be torqued to 150ft pounds so a torque wrench should be capable of at least 200 ft lbs to ensure accuracy.

OP
OP
Twister_Orange_5oh

Twister_Orange_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mustang GT Premium
Now you have an excuse for buying a new torque wrench. Working on your own car is the best excuse to buy new tools, been using it for years!
Those lugs need to be torqued to 150ft pounds so a torque wrench should be capable of at least 200 ft lbs to ensure accuracy.
I went with the Husky torque wrench from Home Depot. Extremely easy to use. I freaking forgot that it took 1/2" sockets instead of 3/8"so I picked up a 13/16 stand alone socket. I usually buy sets and know I'm going to regret not just getting the set soon here.

Just need to get it aligned now, but I'll probably just lower it in a few weeks first.

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, and you matched your Stang! Lmfao!

This is a trend I will not be partaking in, lol
The crocs are just the start of it … :giggle:

Trail trainers, running beanies, normal beanies, iPhone and iPad cases, charging wires, mains extension cables and a large chunk of my running and cycling kit.

To be fair, I had a lot of the lime stuff way before the mustang as it’s my team colours and also the brand colour for a triathlon that I did - hence my favourite winter beanie :

Funny thing, I’ve just bought a new drill and the misses wouldn’t believe me that it was actually the best spec / value for what I wanted and that I wasn’t swayed by the colour …

:cwl:

WD :like:

Offshoregames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
21’ GT Premium PP1 Carbonized Grey Metallic loaded
Vehicle Showcase
Before I got my 21’ PP I wasn’t a do it yourselfer either. I’ve since installed euro tailights , clear side markers, jacking rails , coolant reservoir , white madness garage auto shifter kit and a few other easy cosmetic things. Only paid to have my H pipe installed. I know these aren’t a big deal to the real mechs on here but I discovered there’s no better feeling than doing your own mods.

Last edited:

Blufc3s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Premium GT PP1, 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
D3BC6CCD-D03F-48E7-9587-57E885A79BCF.jpeg

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Coupe, 2020 GT350 Heritage
I'd like to make a short post about how my s550 mustang has given me an immense sense of accomplishment and inspired confidence to take on projects by myself.

Today I did something that most gearheads would chuckle at: installed jacking rails. It was a small endeavor, but it forced me to get out of my comfort zone in several ways.
  • I had to buy equipment without someone holding my hand. A jack, jack stands, and the rails themselves. All of which are costs that don't directly impact the car which really made me procrastinate pulling the trigger on doing it.
  • I had to jack the car up on my own without someone like my dad or friends reassuring me that I was doing it correctly. I placed a 2x4 piece on the jack and carefully went about my business.
  • I had to trust that I was doing my due diligence when researching jacks and stands. I feel like I made good decisions and found good deals on my purchases instead of impromptu card swipes.

20 minutes after actually beginning the project, the car is lowered back down and ready to be jacked up with the rails whenever. I feel amped up now, and immediately want to keep tinkering with the car. I've had it since October 2021 and it is my first car. All of my previous (and current daily) have been GMT800 trucks.

What do you guys think, should I swap out my wheels and tires tomorrow? I live in central Illinois where the weather looks to be staying above 40°F from now on. My tires are Nitto NT555 G2 summer performance. It would give me an excuse to go pick up a torque wrench while I'm getting lumber for a project.

20220303_161547.jpg
Change those tires and wheels to winter or all seasons and your confidence will be even more inspired both from the task of installing them AND in freezing & possibly snowy weather. I put a set of winter sports on.... They're amazing this time of year. Pirelli winter sottozero 3 are 👍

LowFlying65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
FJG Mach1 # M3579
I'd like to make a short post about how my s550 mustang has given me an immense sense of accomplishment and inspired confidence to take on projects by myself.

Today I did something that most gearheads would chuckle at: installed jacking rails. It was a small endeavor, but it forced me to get out of my comfort zone in several ways.
  • I had to buy equipment without someone holding my hand. A jack, jack stands, and the rails themselves. All of which are costs that don't directly impact the car which really made me procrastinate pulling the trigger on doing it.
  • I had to jack the car up on my own without someone like my dad or friends reassuring me that I was doing it correctly. I placed a 2x4 piece on the jack and carefully went about my business.
  • I had to trust that I was doing my due diligence when researching jacks and stands. I feel like I made good decisions and found good deals on my purchases instead of impromptu card swipes.

20 minutes after actually beginning the project, the car is lowered back down and ready to be jacked up with the rails whenever. I feel amped up now, and immediately want to keep tinkering with the car. I've had it since October 2021 and it is my first car. All of my previous (and current daily) have been GMT800 trucks.

What do you guys think, should I swap out my wheels and tires tomorrow? I live in central Illinois where the weather looks to be staying above 40°F from now on. My tires are Nitto NT555 G2 summer performance. It would give me an excuse to go pick up a torque wrench while I'm getting lumber for a project.

20220303_161547.jpg
Some people have emotional support dogs, cats, birds, ect.... You, my friend, have a pony. Congrats, me too!
Sponsored