My car is crooked...

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
In terms of the eccentric, you two are correct. That only translates side to side. My bad.

This conversation reminds me that I need to get the GT4 homologation papers. There will be standard FIA blessed points to measure ride height. It would be interesting to know what they are.
Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
A bit of info for you all to do as you will.

These are the FIA ride height measuring points fit the GT4.

FRONT:

On the subframe between the chassis bolts. (that clean spot was the mechanic showing me the exact point they measure)

20210806_153101.jpg

REAR:

This is on the piece that puts the subframe bolts in double shear. The white paint pen mark is where they measure ride.

20210806_153047.jpg

For reference, the front ride numbers are roughly 110mm & the rear 230mm. These are measured to the ground/setup pad.

btcarmd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
1965 Gt Vert, 2005 GT, 2020 GT

FRONT:

On the subframe between the chassis bolts. (that clean spot was the mechanic showing me the exact point they measure)

20210806_153101.jpg

REAR:

This is on the piece that puts the subframe bolts in double shear. The white paint pen mark is where they measure ride.

20210806_153047.jpg

For reference, the front ride numbers are roughly 110mm & the rear 230mm. These are measured to the ground/setup pad.
Many manufacturers use a method similar to that. Will be accurate as long as tire pressure and tire size match factory specs. It tire size is different you would need to add or subtract the tire size difference from the ride height spec.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Many manufacturers use a method similar to that. Will be accurate as long as tire pressure and tire size match factory specs. It tire size is different you would need to add or subtract the tire size difference from the ride height spec.
Well, the ride height numbers will take the tire sizes into account, but the suspension itself will be in a different position based.

btcarmd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
1965 Gt Vert, 2005 GT, 2020 GT
Well, the ride height numbers will take the tire sizes into account, but the suspension itself will be in a different position based.
How will the ride height numbers take the tire height into account?

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX

That's for a race series where ground clearance is almost certainly the controlled parameter and where Ford's road car ride height measurements and static suspension geometries would be free to fall wherever they may . . . teams are going to be tweaking those aspects away from OE anyway.

Norm

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
That's for a race series where ground clearance is almost certainly the controlled parameter and where Ford's road car ride height measurements and static suspension geometries would be free to fall wherever they may . . . teams are going to be tweaking those aspects away from OE anyway.

Norm
Yes & No. Ride height is controlled. Suspension points are homologated through the FIA. They're using bone stock subframes.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
How will the ride height numbers take the tire height into account?
Well, there's a spec tire, so it's really not a variable, but ride height will be a function of the loaded radius & the suspension position.

I feel like maybe we're talking about different things?

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Yes & No. Ride height is controlled. Suspension points are homologated through the FIA. They're using bone stock subframes.
The downstream question from there would be about how well the FIA ride height determination lines up with Ford's production approach.

Norm
Sponsored