NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Thanks for the explanation but what is the benefit of lunching and 7400 rpm which is essentially redline ?
Base on my car’s power output the owner/designer of Hitmaster system, instructed me to set the launch rpm to 7400-7500 because when the system was activated on the launch, it would pull the engine rpm down about 2K rpm and the car would actually be leaving the line at 5400-5500 rpm.
Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Base on my car’s power output the owner/designer of Hitmaster system, instructed me to set the launch rpm to 7400-7500 because when the system was activated on the launch, it would pull the engine rpm down about 2K rpm and the car would actually be leaving the line at 5400-5500 rpm.
Ether way 12.5 is a very good result for a first time out with so complicated lunch process. I'm sure you will sort things out.

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Ether way 12.5 is a very good result for a first time out with so complicated lunch process. I'm sure you will sort things out.
Thank you! I’m going to stay with it until I do.

Red_Liner740

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT
Any updates? My 10c (inflation and all...) you should have been doing nothing but 330 foot runs to dial in the hitmaster.

From that last video, i see massive wheel spin right off the line telling me that your initial hit is way too aggressive.
Also, you CANNOT use a clutch slipping device on a stock clutch, their material cant handle the slipping required to get out of the hole properly.

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Any updates? My 10c (inflation and all...) you should have been doing nothing but 330 foot runs to dial in the hitmaster.

From that last video, i see massive wheel spin right off the line telling me that your initial hit is way too aggressive.
Also, you CANNOT use a clutch slipping device on a stock clutch, their material cant handle the slipping required to get out of the hole properly.

I agree. Once the tranny is back together and I make it back to the track, that’s exactly what I intend to do.

As far as updates go, I’m making some big improvements to the drivetrain. I still have a ways to go, but here’s where I am right now.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/mt82-d4-rebuild-thread.176240/

LS1Coupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
I agree. That is very close to my wife's A10 car.

On my Nova I was looking at clutch slipping devices for the T-56 - it was rare I would have a perfectly clean pass. I gave up and am switching to a 4L80e
Sponsored