Voo Doo

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Snakebite... so with your convert 5.0 you have the open air CAI . It relays on the hood insulation for the seal... without it there will be too much air column and computer issues...what will you do??
the impression is in the current hood pad!! Thots?? Then I’ll show ya what I did and what I’ll do in the future...
Sponsored

Snakebyte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Snakebite... so with your convert 5.0 you have the open air CAI . It relays on the hood insulation for the seal... without it there will be too much air column and computer issues...what will you do??
the impression is in the current hood pad!! Thots?? Then I’ll show ya what I did and what I’ll do in the future...
Actually My CAI is stock. I did wrap the stock upper air filter cover with carbon fiber, but you bring up a good point about the stock hood insulation and air flow for those who do have an open air CAI.

In my situation the jury is still out as to what I'll do with hood insulation. The contours of the stock insulation pad won't fit nicely as I'd like with the MP Concepts GT500 style hood. The Left-to-right indentation in the stock insulation pad aligns with a GT350 hood opening, and visually I'm not sold on the resulting appearance. (The insulation recess for the GT350 extractor runs far wider than the MP Concepts GT500 style hood's L-to-R air extractor dimension).

As a note, I have had good experiences with a hood insulation material from Amazon on other applications, so I'm considering it on this hood as well. If I end up going with that and it works well, I'll post a photo and link. But that step will be weeks away as I'm still trying to arrange for the hood to be painted.

I am taking photos as I progress and when the project is complete, I'll probably start a thread to help those who want to got the MP Concepts direction, as it is creates some unique challenges relative to other designs.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Who manufacturers the front bumper?

Snakebyte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
it is and always will be K4864 a bona fide BULLITT!! I do what I want, like many others and have zero regrets!! Guys, this is a Hobby!! Lots of room for Purists and Modders to co-exist!! If it’s not your taste...that is your choice!! I do things to please me and my visions!!
thanx for all the kind words!!
Hi Voo Doo.

Quick question on your extractor louvers. Did you have them painted or were they in good enough shape to use without painting or clear coat.

Mine arrived with minor mold marks and very slight scratches. Maybe a clear coat is all that would be needed (if you too found clear-coating was sufficient to get the nice gloss you have).

That said, I am even considering a satin finish, as my hood stripes have a satin finish. Regardless, it will be interesting to know if you had slight factory imperfections and if clear-coating took care of them.

OP
OP
Voo Doo

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Hi Voo Doo.

Quick question on your extractor louvers. Did you have them painted or were they in good enough shape to use without painting or clear coat.

Mine arrived with minor mold marks and very slight scratches. Maybe a clear coat is all that would be needed (if you too found clear-coating was sufficient to get the nice gloss you have).

That said, I am even considering a satin finish, as my hood stripes have a satin finish. Regardless, it will be interesting to know if you had slight factory imperfections and if clear-coating took care of them.
Mine came un painted!! Odd!!

Sponsored

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
VooDoo, I just came across this thread and must say I am very impressed with what you did to your Bullitt Mustang. The wheels sure make the whole package look new and fresh. Very unique car you now have.

OP
OP
Voo Doo

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Who manufacturers the front bumper?
MP Concepts... you can get it fro
VooDoo, I just came across this thread and must say I am very impressed with what you did to your Bullitt Mustang. The wheels sure make the whole package look new and fresh. Very unique car you now have.
thanx Hi-Po... just a sneak at my next project.. the rear seat delete!! Which is on on transit!!
3B5EBA4E-5085-4A25-B991-52370D79C60F.jpeg

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I like it....!!!!
If I didn't already have a Shelby, but rather a GT or Bullitt, I would probably be looking into a Shelby style front end.
Well Done!

lieu910

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt #7638
Looks nice! Making them your own or preserving them as built is part of the owner's journey.

OP
OP
Voo Doo

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG

Sponsored

Dare2goBare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Ruby Red Metallic

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
OP
OP
Voo Doo

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.