My BULLITT/GT 500 Morph !

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
You really, really need to come to Mustang Week next year. I know its a crazy drive but I know you would enjoy it.
like where is it?? Our border is still closed!! lol
[/QUOTE]
It's in beautiful Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. It's only a 3000 mile drive. You can do that in what, 3, 4 days? :giggle: Hopefully the borders will be open by next September.

Screen Shot 2021-09-12 at 12.35.27 PM.png
Sponsored

OP
OP
Voo Doo

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
like where is it?? Our border is still closed!! lol
It's in beautiful Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. It's only a 3000 mile drive. You can do that in what, 3, 4 days? :giggle: Hopefully the borders will be open by next September.

Screen Shot 2021-09-12 at 12.35.27 PM.png

[/QUOTE]
Easy drive!!....lmao!!!

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
It’s finished and I love it!!!

330A1573-D57E-4946-AB4A-F80809BE1C15.jpeg
Looks good. I was thinking of that front end for my 19 PP2. Are the vents in front actually open? That would allow better placement of a new oil cooler and possible trans cooler at some points(I track my car). Does the under tray have the slots that direct air up to the brake cooling deflectors?

OP
OP
Voo Doo

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Ric,
Did you perform the install or let the shop do it all?
Looks good. I was thinking of that front end for my 19 PP2. Are the vents in front actually open? That would allow better placement of a new oil cooler and possible trans cooler at some points(I track my car). Does the under tray have the slots that direct air up to the brake cooling deflectors?
yes fully functional!, worth the buy!! you’ll be more than happy if you do!! I live the new look!!,

TXAG96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21Bronco,'20Bullitt,'01Boxster,'87Tbird-Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Ric,
Did you perform the install or let the shop do it all?
my shop “Rags to Riches” did it all!! They had to paint and fit the hood and Facia....it’s perfect and the color is absolutely bang on!!!
i asked them for this banner and will display for a while!!! Known Marty for the past 20 yrs!!! They do award winning stuff!!!

B51E40B4-2C19-464F-8C92-55C0CD80A3D5.jpeg

[/QUOTE]
Very nice, thanks.....I just noticed the 78/79 bronco in the background. im curious what they're doing with that.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Voo Doo

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Bronco...total frame off resto!! Big bucks!!! It’s a high dollar shop!!!

Snakebyte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
I have the MP Concepts Hood on order...actually it is scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

I have a question on the hood locks. I would prefer no locks and may have my body shop fill in the lock recesses if they can guarantee filler used would not shrink over time. If I go with locks, any lessons learned that you can share?

OP
OP
Voo Doo

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
I have the MP Concepts Hood on order...actually it is scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

I have a question on the hood locks. I would prefer no locks and may have my body shop fill in the lock recesses if they can guarantee filler used would not shrink over time. If I go with locks, any lessons learned that you can share?
Mine are just the plugs... no actual locks !! Might be a better route for you to go and a hell f a lot cheaper!! To me it finishes it off perfectly!!
that would be a lot of questionable work to consider!! Your choice!!
I like my choice...slam dunk!!!

Snakebyte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Mine are just the plugs... no actual locks !! Might be a better route for you to go and a hell f a lot cheaper!! To me it finishes it off perfectly!!
that would be a lot of questionable work to consider!! Your choice!!
I like my choice...slam dunk!!!
Ah! Thanks.
I've not seen plugs that look like the ones you have, yet. I'll ponder my direction more. If I go with the real deal I'll probably go with Quik-Lock 50 and you know those are expensive. :whew:

Thanks again.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Voo Doo

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Ah! Thanks.
I've not seen plugs that look like the ones you have, yet. I'll ponder my direction more. If I go with the real deal I'll probably go with Quik-Lock 50 and you know those are expensive. :whew:

Thanks again.
Yes they are... but cheaper than going your painted hood etc option. .. I just do it!!

Defyant

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Excellent look with functionality! I love this car but not a fan of the "Catfish" face

Snakebyte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Yes they are... but cheaper than going your painted hood etc option. .. I just do it!!
I received my hood a few days ago and hope to provide pre-paint photos later for those who want more detailed photos than what the MP Concepts and Am Muscle websites have.

But for now, to those who also wondered about the faux hood latches, here's a photo. (They and the double-faced tape come with the hood, I learned.)

Faux Hood Latches.jpg

As and FYI, Installing functional hood latches with the MP Concepts hood will be a real, potentially useless challenge it seems. The hood's latch approximate location is 4-to-5 inches forward of where the radiator structure is. There may be a bumper support under the cover. I'll have to check it out, but as you can see below, this is an awkward location to drill a hole.

Approximate Location of Hood Latch Pin.jpg

Note that when scaling photos of the Vicrez/IKON hoods, it appears their location is similar. My only guess is that these hood suppliers want to keep the pins in their GT500 relative exterior position. As we know, the GT500 front end structure is designed perfectly for hood latches in that location, but for our non-GT500's, not-so-much.

Snakebyte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
I received my hood a few days ago and hope to provide pre-paint photos later for those who want more detailed photos than what the MP Concepts and Am Muscle websites have.

But for now, to those who also wondered about the faux hood latches, here's a photo. (They and the double-faced tape come with the hood, I learned.)

Faux Hood Latches.jpg

As and FYI, Installing functional hood latches with the MP Concepts hood will be a real, potentially useless challenge it seems. The hood's latch approximate location is 4-to-5 inches forward of where the radiator structure is. There may be a bumper support under the cover. I'll have to check it out, but as you can see below, this is an awkward location to drill a hole.

Approximate Location of Hood Latch Pin.jpg

Note that when scaling photos of the Vicrez/IKON hoods, it appears their location is similar. My only guess is that these hood suppliers want to keep the pins in their GT500 relative exterior position. As we know, the GT500 front end structure is designed perfectly for hood latches in that location, but for our non-GT500's, not-so-much.
Regarding air extraction flow comparisons between the MP Concepts hood versus the stock hood, see the photo below. Note that this is only considering the metal hood openings, and not rain guards, honeycomb louvers, insulation, and etc. restrictions. With approximately 8x improved air flow that made sense for me in Florida, which is actually what prompted my purchase. For those with the Vicrez/IKON hood, your air flow in the BIW should be much greater without the rain guard especially.

Air Flow through Hood BIW.jpg

OP
OP
Voo Doo

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Regarding air extraction flow comparisons between the MP Concepts hood versus the stock hood, see the photo below. Note that this is only considering the metal hood openings, and not rain guards, honeycomb louvers, insulation, and etc. restrictions. With approximately 8x improved air flow that made sense for me in Florida, which is actually what prompted my purchase. For those with the Vicrez/IKON hood, your air flow in the BIW should be much greater without the rain guard especiall
Sponsored