Sponsored

My brand new 'stang, first in NL (pics in side)

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
August 27th 2015 was the big day: I was going to get my car. I was driven all the way to Amsterdam by my dealer's salesperson. When we arrived and I spotted a race red fastback and a magnetic convertible in the parking lot, so I was anxious to take some pictures of those, but when I got out of the car I forgot about that as I spotted my very own parked out front of the entrance

After the first moment of awe, my OCD kicked in (thanks to this forum!) and immediately had to check the body panel alignments.

My rear window is a tiny bit crooked, but to be honest it's as good as I have seen it on any picture. It looks absolutely fine when you are not looking for it.

The trunk lid rear panel can be said to poke out a millimeter or two, but it is perfectly symmetrical on both sides, so, again, it looks perfectly fine and could very well be 'as intended'. The window trim and hood etc were fine as well. So I am very happy

They also had a tasty cake made, to celebrate the occasion!

I was previously informed (and asked permission) to jump trough some media related hoops. Unfortunately there was a lot of rain and we had to be very creative not to get all soaking wet while doing the pictures and video.

Here's a selection of media links where the story ended up [all in Dutch]:

https://twitter.com/FordNL/status/636909750777679872

https://www.facebook.com/fordnederland/videos/vb.191488900873031/978359635519283/?type=2&theater

http://www.fordmediacenter.nl/persbericht/eerste-nieuwe-mustang-geleverd-aan-trotse-eigenaar/912/

https://www.linkedin.com/company/ford-nederland-bv

The people from Ford NL and the dealer chain were all wonderful, so it was a nice experience.

First impressions driving (599.8km sofar):

The car is big, but you get used to it fairly quickly. Steering is direct, throttle response is awesome. The seats (premium leather with AC) are also very comfortable. In previous cars and in my girlfriends' car, the 2 hour drive to my (or her) parents was very tiresome. In this car you not only arrive in style, but also get there in comfort. I was almost sad the ride was over. I know this may wear off after owning the car for a while, but it's really nice.

This car (especially now) gets noticed a lot. But all reactions I had so far were very positive, so that's nice. Haven't even heard the dreaded 'you should have gotten the v8' yet. I guess people do realize how expensive and impractical in terms of fuel it is.
Sponsored

Last edited:

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Awesome! Enjoy!

Sauron_EH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 156 & Mustang Fastback Ecoboost
Congratz dude! Good things are worth waiting for!

friendgr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Haven't even heard the dreaded 'you should have gotten the v8' yet. I guess people do realize how expensive and impractical in terms of fuel it is.
And I bet you will not hear it for a long time because the majority of people doesn't believe that the new Mustang is available in 2.3 l. engine.

Many of my friends when I tell them " I'm thinking to buy the new Mustang" the first reply is: are you crazy???? 4500-5000cc in greece???? (because of unreasonable huge taxes).
When I tell them that the new model comes also with 2.3 l, the first reaction is: are you kidding us?" but after sending them the links , they are also thinking to replace their cars...:D

Congrats and enjoy the rides!:headbang:

OP
OP
Lord Thunder

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
And I bet you will not hear it for a long time because the majority of people doesn't believe that the new Mustang is available in 2.3 l. engine.
Oh, but some do! I was washing off the kamikaze mosquito's I collected on my front over the weekend, at the local 'do it yourself' car wash. This guy came check out my car. He was there with his (brother's) Audi S8 (with a sweet v10 engine). He was into american cars himself (he said he had a corvette C06) and liked my car a lot. He didn't like it on pictures, but now he saw it in reality he was really impressed. When I mentioned it's the Ecoboost he immediately said 'ow, so it's the 2.3 liter?' So he definitely knew about it. He did not think any less of the car though and asked if he could take some pictures with his cellphone.

Congrats and enjoy the rides!:headbang:
Thanks ;)

Sponsored

MoZ

MoZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang GT
:cheers:Congrats

OP
OP
Lord Thunder

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
Hmm I just learned, fixing a typo removes all your 'thanks' on the post. Makes sense now I think of it. Ow well, thanks for giving the thanks earlier guys ;)

Edit: And now they are back .. odd.

MisterP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To come: EB Fastback Magnetic
Beautiful machine Lord Thunder - and impressive ceremony by Ford - enjoy every single km with your stang!

Sponsored

wimbrow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT fastback black
hows the MT?

August 27th 2015 was the big day: I was going to get my car. I was driven all the way to Amsterdam by my dealer's salesperson. When we arrived and I spotted a race red fastback and a magnetic convertible in the parking lot, so I was anxious to take some pictures of those, but when I got out of the car I forgot about that as I spotted my very own parked out front of the entrance

After the first moment of awe, my OCD kicked in (thanks to this forum!) and immediately had to check the body panel alignments.

My rear window is a tiny bit crooked, but to be honest it's as good as I have seen it on any picture. It looks absolutely fine when you are not looking for it.

The trunk lid rear panel can be said to poke out a millimeter or two, but it is perfectly symmetrical on both sides, so, again, it looks perfectly fine and could very well be 'as intended'. The window trim and hood etc were fine as well. So I am very happy

They also had a tasty cake made, to celebrate the occasion!

I was previously informed (and asked permission) to jump trough some media related hoops. Unfortunately there was a lot of rain and we had to be very creative not to get all soaking wet while doing the pictures and video.

Here's a selection of media links where the story ended up [all in Dutch]:

https://twitter.com/FordNL/status/636909750777679872

https://www.facebook.com/fordnederland/videos/vb.191488900873031/978359635519283/?type=2&theater

http://www.fordmediacenter.nl/persbericht/eerste-nieuwe-mustang-geleverd-aan-trotse-eigenaar/912/

https://www.linkedin.com/company/ford-nederland-bv

The people from Ford NL and the dealer chain were all wonderful, so it was a nice experience.

First impressions driving (599.8km sofar):

The car is big, but you get used to it fairly quickly. Steering is direct, throttle response is awesome. The seats (premium leather with AC) are also very comfortable. In previous cars and in my girlfriends' car, the 2 hour drive to my (or her) parents was very tiresome. In this car you not only arrive in style, but also get there in comfort. I was almost sad the ride was over. I know this may wear off after owning the car for a while, but it's really nice.

This car (especially now) gets noticed a lot. But all reactions I had so far were very positive, so that's nice. Haven't even heard the dreaded 'you should have gotten the v8' yet. I guess people do realize how expensive and impractical in terms of fuel it is.
congrats lord. hows the much debated MT? im awaiting mine in NZ but can still change my mind. ive read so much bad press on these forums regarding the MT. whats your impression? thanks, tom

OP
OP
Lord Thunder

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
congrats lord. hows the much debated MT? im awaiting mine in NZ but can still change my mind. ive read so much bad press on these forums regarding the MT. whats your impression? thanks, tom
I find the MT perfectly fine. I have no issues with it. Even the often lamented clutch(spring) does not bother me in the slightest. Sure the gripping point is a bit high (but not higher than some other recent cars I have driven) and not very pronounced, but if you have been driving manuals all your driving career, it's a piece of cake to figure this one out. I actually like the smoothness of it.

PS: Just to re-iterate: I drove this car off the lot as if I had been driving it forever and I haven't been driving a manual car in a year. If you like driving manual, I would not worry about it.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Great car and great dealer!
I bet my dealer won't even call me when my car will arrive (if it will ever arrive..)

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
Congratulations Lord Thunder....a new mustang and cake on the same day....life could not get any better.....I might suggest to Ford Australia to send some delegates to your dealer to learn how it should be done....
Sponsored