bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I ran a tune on my last car since almost the moment I bought it, but with the gen3 coyote and 10 speed auto I would rather see how it does up to at least 60k miles before I start running tunes. I don't need something weird happening and be on the hook for a $15k engine
The Engine is more like $9.5k though:

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6007-M50C
Sponsored

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I think a lot of it has to do with the traction control systems too. I know when my car was stock normal mode was so bland but put it in track and it'll scare the shit out of you if you're not paying attention. I think Ford screwed up making The nannies overly aggressive, sport should have been the normal mode.

Rpinaiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ral
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I've noticed this feeling as well. The mustang is better in the high RPM range compared to other cars. I have a 2019 Corvette stingray and wow, low RPM range and torque makes it so quick and you can feel it, but get up to higher rpms on it and it doesn't pull like the '18 mustang. On the mustang when I get up pass 4,000 rpm it just pulls so much harder and feels like it has more power. I just feel the mustang eats at the top, higher range than other vehicles. But driving regularly you don't feel it like other cars.

Nevyn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevyn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang V8 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I haven’t read the whole thread but after reading the first few posts I thought I’d add my immediate impression after only a few day ownership.

on paper the mustang has similar 0-60 as my 2003 911 turbo did. That felt way faster but I think that was to do with the kick off the turbos and the smaller lighter frame of the car.
Also the supercharged Range Rover I just parted with had more of an impression of a kick and that was a whole second slower to 60.
I think that was because the gears were longer and you felt a definite lurch at each change.

with the new A10 gearbox in my mustang the acceleration is so constant and progressive you don’t feel the changes and so don’t get those same cues in your seat as you accelerate that you normally associate with “fast”

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Well a 14 flat 103 mph car (545i) should not feel stronger than a 18 up GT. Lol.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
put it in track and it'll scare the shit out of you
Think about it. If this car could scare the shit out of an experienced driver like you can you imagine it in the hands of a novice? Ford didn't screw up. They were making sure that asses were covered.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Think about it. If this car could scare the shit out of an experienced driver like you can you imagine it in the hands of a novice? Ford didn't screw up. They were making sure that asses were covered.
Yeah that was my point I think. Ford really piles on the nannies so its easy to drive for everyone. But performance nuts then feel like the car is too tame and not fast/brutal enough. If you don't have drive modes you'd probably never know.

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Any body that puts the Mustang GT in Sport+, then nails it at 40 mph and is not impressed, needs to see a psychiatrist.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
If you don't have drive modes you'd probably never know.
In the EB it's more important to have modes. I really don't like what Ford did in track mode (not happy with Sport either) at on/off and small throttle openings - it's entirely too abrupt. But I guess if you drive a slushbox you won't notice anyway. Rolling in/out of the throttle shouldn't upset the chassis. Program it to be hamfisted all you want in drag strip mode but road course driving depends on nuance and predictability.

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
My E85 tune picked up over 5 mph on my '18 A10 GT. Best money I ever spent on the car so far (except for maybe the drag radials). I chuckle inside whenever I see or hear someone say anything about being worried about voiding their warranty. Usually it means they also owe money on the car or bought the car to have casual fun and don't really take the quest for better performance very seriously (or cannot afford the quest for better performance). I'm not saying that's true in your case, but in general...yeah, its very true that kind of talk comes from folks who really aren't all that into performance in the first place.
I bet the majority of stang owners on these forums owe money on their car and did not pay 100% cash...

Sponsored

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
I bet the majority of stang owners on these forums owe money on their car and did not pay 100% cash...
You'd be shocked at how many of us regulars here actually own our cars, or paid cash for them. But in general, outside this forum that might be somewhat true. Lots of people need car loans to obtain/maintain certain lifestyles whether they can afford them or not doesn't really worry me much.

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You'd be shocked at how many of us regulars here actually own our cars, or paid cash for them. But in general, outside this forum that might be somewhat true. Lots of people need car loans to obtain/maintain certain lifestyles whether they can afford them or not doesn't really worry me much.
Ive been on various mustang forums since 2010 and other various car forums before that and that's news to me...
Would love to see some polls on the subject.
Just because someone finances doesn't automatically mean they can't actually afford it as everyone's situation is different.

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
Ive been on various mustang forums since 2010 and other various car forums before that and that's news to me...
Would love to see some polls on the subject.
Just because someone finances doesn't automatically mean they can't afford it.
I did a poll on whether or not someone would do an 8 year car loan to be able to afford a car that would be over their heads, that was last Sunday. I think its still an active thread. 2 minutes ago I just posted a new poll, about mindset and how people see the world as a Mustang owner. Feel free to interact in it. Also, if you wanna do a specific question/poll, you should do so. But yeah, the people who are the regulars here, for the most part all own their cars. But I'd tend to agree with you in general, although that 8 year poll question only shows 12% willing to do an 8 year loan, and 40% saying no way in hell with roughly 40ish in the middle.

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did a poll on whether or not someone would do an 8 year car loan to be able to afford a car that would be over their heads, that was last Sunday. I think its still an active thread. 2 minutes ago I just posted a new poll, about mindset and how people see the world as a Mustang owner. Feel free to interact in it. Also, if you wanna do a specific question/poll, you should do so. But yeah, the people who are the regulars here, for the most part all own their cars. But I'd tend to agree with you in general, although that 8 year poll question only shows 12% willing to do an 8 year loan, and 40% saying no way in hell with roughly 40ish in the middle.
To me modding a car and voiding warranty you need to be all in with it. You should love the car and want to have for many years, imo. Power and speed is never enough for many and can be a slippery slope money pit. Power and racing break things, reduce longevity and car value, period.

8 year loans are ridiculous because they are never low APR and easy to become upside-down throughout the life of the loan, especially just paying the minimum payment.

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
To me modding a car and voiding warranty you need to be all in with it. You should love the car and want to have for many years, imo. Power and speed is never enough for many and can be a slippery slope money pit. Power and racing break things, reduce longevity and car value, period.

8 year loans are ridiculous because they are never low APR and easy to become upside-down throughout the life of the loan, especially just paying the minimum payment.
Yeah I know all too well. LOL. I'm a serial warranty voider! Nice thing is, I have great relationships with 3 of our local dealers, 2 of which I've had small stuff like a spoiler changed or something to build that relationship. I still wouldn't expect to have them pull my car in the shop for new engine or transmission the way my car is sitting, but I wouldn't be shocked if my warranty at this point is more than just small stuff and recall issues. I've gotten a few things done under warranty for free. Like a missing flex rubber underhood gasket to keep water from coming in past the headlight area, and another time for a leaky passenger window, which was a factory defect gasket issue. And I lost track of how many free plastic clips of assorted sizes and various places I've lost where I've popped into my local dealerships auto body guys and got for free just by stopping by with the GT. The techs love my car when they've had it there for any reason because its obnoxiously loud and rowdy, and stinks as it burns the corn. Time before last when I left I stopped and did a launch, when I went back about a week ago for a battery area clip I lost, one of the guys there asked me if I noticed how straight my burn out was from the time before when I left. I just laughed and say yeah, notice it leaves nice and straight too, that's all that suspension work and drag radials for ya.
Sponsored