Sponsored

My Blackstone Labs report after 10,000 miles on oil change.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
So, $38.00.

Are there any other charges, like shipping? The standard cost is $28, did you add the "TBN" for $10? I saw that on their site, but there's no explanation of what "TBN" means.
TBN is addictive level meaning how well the oil will hold it's viscosity when engine is warmed up as well as other stuff like keeping the ph level neutral, suspending particles, anti-foaming. A low TBN means the addictive is worn down.
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I don't have one yet but what does ford specify for oci?

What does the oil life monitor tell you?

I would also be careful with extended drains if under warranty.
The GT is 10k/1yr whichever comes first.
That's what you will get roughly on the oil life monitor.

OP
OP
ScottsGT

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
That's really cool. Next time I change my oil I'll use that service!
Go to their website now then. Request the free kit and they will send it to you in the mail.

It's a small bottle with a bottle inside of it. Included is a ziplock back and an oil soak pad if it leaks.

You put the sample in the small bottle, put the oil pad around it, into the zip lock and drop (force) all that into the larger bottle. You can use the outer bottle as the shipping container, but it was easier for me to just drop it into another box. No "LIQUID" posed on the outside of the box. They do provide an online letter you can print off for the post office if they give you a hassle about shipping a liquid. And that's why I put it in a box and lied to the person behind the counter. :cool:
And yes, you do have to pay postage at the time of mailing.

fpGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Dodge Viper RT10, 09 Mercedes AMG C63, 18 Shelby GT350
Just completed my 3rd oil change at 5,990 miles. 2,200 miles since last change. Tucson is a very hot and dusty climate, so I have always done frequent oil changes on my cars. This is the first time I sent an oil sample to Blackstone for analysis. Results below:
Sponsored

Attachments