Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Hell No!
Seats fold down and I can slide it in without taking the back tire off.
Been doing it for 6 years with my last one.
Let’s see a Camaro do that!
Do the same when I used to go on bike rides further from home. Bought a house right next to some Rails to Trails entrances so now I don't need to. About 1/2 of residential and then I'm on the trails away from cars and crap. Makes for a great early Sunday morning!
Sponsored

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Do the same when I used to go on bike rides further from home. Bought a house right next to some Rails to Trails entrances so now I don't need to. About 1/2 of residential and then I'm on the trails away from cars and crap. Makes for a great early Sunday morning!
Single Track Mountain biking? I would kill to have a trail near my house.. I drive 45 - 90 miles depending on the trail system I want to go to but they are awesome trails maintained well and very challenging.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Single Track Mountain biking? I would kill to have a trail near my house.. I drive 45 - 90 miles depending on the trail system I want to go to but they are awesome trails maintained well and very challenging.
For legit mountain biking I'll have to drive a little but not too far. Sorry, these are paved trails that used to be railroad tracks so they're pretty secluded. Once you're on the network, there's hundreds of miles of paved biking/jogging/walking trails. I usually bring my mountain bike on post where I work to hit up some gnarly dirt/mud trails. "Engineer Bluff" on every army base is usually the super steep crazy spot for some great mountain biking.

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
That's cool, I've also got crushed gravel trails around here for a quick workout.
My goal is to hit all the best Single track trails or downhill lifts in US and Canada.
So far I've done..
Big Sky, MO
Crested Butte, CO
Sedona, AZ
Park City, UT
Jasper, Canada
Whistler, Canada
Ashville, NC later this year.
People don't realize what a danger rush and intense workout mountain biking is... I Love it!

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
That's cool, I've also got crushed gravel trails around here for a quick workout.
My goal is to hit all the best Single track trails or downhill lifts in US and Canada.
So far I've done..
Big Sky, MO
Crested Butte, CO
Sedona, AZ
Park City, UT
Jasper, Canada
Whistler, Canada
Ashville, NC later this year.
People don't realize what a danger rush and intense workout mountain biking is... I Love it!
Cycling in general is great but some I can agree mountain biking will burn some serious calories. I've been doing mostly on road cycling over the last 6 or 7 years. Started heavy but been more lazy recently. 2014 I did 7 or 8 century rides and summited Pikes Peak. Was in CO for work the majority of that year and bought a super high speed carbon road bike. Bucket list ride is the Double Triple Bypass along the front range but that will require a lot of training. There's a ride here in WA called the Chilly Hilly that I did a few years ago. Lots of muddy trail riding in a group to include this super steep muddy hill. Weight transfer needs to be on point to get up it!

Sponsored

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Cycling in general is great but some I can agree mountain biking will burn some serious calories. I've been doing mostly on road cycling over the last 6 or 7 years. Started heavy but been more lazy recently. 2014 I did 7 or 8 century rides and summited Pikes Peak. Was in CO for work the majority of that year and bought a super high speed carbon road bike. Bucket list ride is the Double Triple Bypass along the front range but that will require a lot of training. There's a ride here in WA called the Chilly Hilly that I did a few years ago. Lots of muddy trail riding in a group to include this super steep muddy hill. Weight transfer needs to be on point to get up it!
Wow, sounds like you were a beast! Pikes Peak must of been very cool.
I can't sit on a road bike for more than 20 miles before my ass is grass. lol

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Wow, sounds like you were a beast! Pikes Peak must of been very cool.
I can't sit on a road bike for more than 20 miles before my ass is grass. lol
I was lol. I'm lucky if I can get in a solid 20 miles now without needing a first responder. Got super lazy but am turning it back around these last few months. Pikes Peak was a very special day for sure! Centuries took 6-8 hours depending on how well I planned for them. Lots of awesome sights in CO too!

Somepothead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Currently walking: Ordered a 2021 Mach 1
Just curious, have you ever been to the I-5 colonnade in Washington?

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Just curious, have you ever been to the I-5 colonnade in Washington?
I have not. After checking it out, I may have to though! Looks like I could break my face there but thats part of the excitement. Also may get stabbed or shot but a little stabbing and shooting never hurt anyone.

Somepothead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
I have not. After checking it out, I may have to though! Looks like I could break my face there but thats part of the excitement. Also may get stabbed or shot but a little stabbing and shooting never hurt anyone.
I havent been there in years. Like maybe since 2013, and it was always kept clean and maintained, but you know how seattle is with our homeless population. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a new tent city there, since its under I-5 and is relatively dry. But it still gets muddy in some areas. And some of those drops are literally deadly, and can kill someone, if they're riding outside of their comfort level.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Noticing how different the undercarriage is on the Mach 1.
These plastic covers in the front and back for aero, the coolers under the transmission and in the back in between the mufflers there’s radiators for the diff cooling I assume.
One big problem I’m seeing at 1000 miles is that pebbles get lodged up in the rear aero cover..you can see pebbles in the seam and if you hit the bottom they rattle around.
Something to check and clean for sure.
Also did some pulls to redline for the first time... she screams for sure
And will even more with the H-pipe I just ordered.
What a Great car!

13BFCC0E-AA08-4FE1-9CEC-81FB5356506F.jpeg

Somepothead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Noticing how different the undercarriage is on the Mach 1.
These plastic covers in the front and back for aero, the coolers under the transmission and in the back in between the mufflers there’s radiators for the diff cooling I assume.
One big problem I’m seeing at 1000 miles is that pebbles get lodged up in the rear aero cover..you can see pebbles in the seam and if you hit the bottom they rattle around.
Something to check and clean for sure.
Also did some pulls to redline for the first time... she screams for sure
And will even more with the H-pipe I just ordered.
What a Great car!

13BFCC0E-AA08-4FE1-9CEC-81FB5356506F.jpeg
Good notification for others. Thanks for the heads up on this.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Good notification for others. Thanks for the heads up on this.
Did you clear all that debris out when you first got the car? Many of us received our non Mach 1's with gravel in the skid plates where applicable. First time taking the front clip off was crazy how many rocks and insect carcasses fell from the skid plate. Since that first time, have had zero collection of anything.

Edit: apologies, replied to the wrong guy lol. @ChitownStang

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis M1908
Question. With the way this is designed should I avoid having any undercoating applied ?

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Did you clear all that debris out when you first got the car? Many of us received our non Mach 1's with gravel in the skid plates where applicable. First time taking the front clip off was crazy how many rocks and insect carcasses fell from the skid plate. Since that first time, have had zero collection of anything.

Edit: apologies, replied to the wrong guy lol. @ChitownStang
I haven't yet taken either front or rear off yet. I assume it's from all the crappy roads around me as I hear the tires picking up stuff and all the time.
My car was only couple hundred miles away Flatrock to Chicago and delivered on a nice day so I doubt it got much from the truck ride.
Sponsored