My almost 4th year with a GT350

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
I've not been to RA, but was thinking the same about an hour w/o pits...
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I've not been to RA, but was thinking the same about an hour w/o pits...
The only way to do it without modifications, is to do what the OP does.... parade laps. It can be done, but don't think you are going to do foot on the floor driving for an hour straight.

A fast track like Daytona in my GT350R would leave me with about half a tank(ish). The problem is the last half of the tank would suffer from fuel starvation issues.

There is a member here in a thread that improvised a second fuel pump which he claims eliminated the fuel starvation issue. Maybe if you did that modification you could do it, or maybe just by staying ahead of Mr.parade lap (you know, the guy with all the trophies) you might keep your fuel flow down just enough to cross the 1:00 mark and scoop up the $5,000.

Personally, I think the OP, despite is driving prowess, realizes the pitfall in his challenge. You can go an hour in the car, but not flat out.

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
I can get 3 20 minute sessions most places, but usually that last lap is off throttle and 1st lap isnt full tilt by far so more like 45 minutes maybe...

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I can get 3 20 minute sessions most places, but usually that last lap is off throttle and 1st lap isnt full tilt by far so more like 45 minutes maybe...
Yes. Smaller track, more endurance. Less foot on the floor.

I'd put the trophy collector in my rear view mirror and keep him there, matching his parade laps pace and relieve him of a portion of that money he got from his traumatic brain injury settlement he got from Attorney Dan Newlin (see post 16).

I would also ask the op, on top of the $5,000 to throw in all the bowling and baseball trophies in a winner takes all.

Yes, I can see it now, a photo of you next to your car with all the little league and bowling participation trophies reigning as the new "fastest GT350".

If you loose, I'll kick in $500 towards the pot. It would be worth the entertainment. My only ask is that you put a rear facing gopro and post the video. Imagine an entire parade lap race with the fastest GT350 driver (in the world, mimd you) in a video behind you the whole time.

Priceless

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
On second thought, stay right behind him the whole time. He will probably push himself beyond his parade lap capabilities and run off the track. If he doesn't, you would use less fuel and be able to take the lead near the end.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
Come to gingerman, I'll put up $5k against you for fastest lap.
I actually once raced at Gingerman Raceway in a HSR race. it was a silly little track for locals only.

I remember Road America (the best track X2) when my car (#2) got lined up on the grid with an European Champion.
RAm2010p.jpg

The #69 was fast. He had balls on fire. My #2 car was not as fast and had an inferior driver.

Guess who won?

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
2:00 minute lap?! At Road Atlanta 🤣 Man, that's slow. I raced spec miatas and would hit 1:40s.
I think I can break below 2 minutes at RA. I may have never really raced a car on a race track?

You guys seem very fast with a lot of experience?

My 2019 GT350 is completely almost stock with almost no track experience?
2019Mustang.jpg

It is down on power with only six cylinders working.?

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
OK, I was not honest. I have raced for 25+ years. I went to the Road Atlanta school in 1990 (before Panoz bought it). It had the difficult dip at the black flag station. They made it easy in T-11 with 12A and 12b, with a big sand stop area.

Most guys got a 2 second increase.

You need to it under the bridge perfectly. It's balls on fire down the hill and barely clip the grass,

Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
On second thought, stay right behind him the whole time. He will probably push himself beyond his parade lap capabilities and run off the track. If he doesn't, you would use less fuel and be able to take the lead near the end.

Winner winner chicken dinner.
Now I need to go do 1 hour in GT 7 with a GT350R to see how much fuel I will use ... You can't drive flat out for 1 hour anyway though.

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
I actually once raced at Gingerman Raceway in a HSR race. it was a silly little track for locals only.

I remember Road America (the best track X2) when my car (#2) got lined up on the grid with an European Champion.
RAm2010p.jpg

The #69 was fast. He had balls on fire. My #2 car was not as fast and had an inferior driver.

Guess who won?
should be easy for you then, when are you coming up?

Wqmaster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
W
Vehicle(s)
2014 f150 EB

RAm2010p.jpg

Guess who won?
Just curious 🧐, both cars have Gary jones motorsports on the cars. Also I can barley make out the name on the #2 but it does look like doc, as what the posters profile says his name is.

I would like to see proof of jmn444 vs 95cobraR

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
Just curious 🧐, both cars have Gary jones motorsports on the cars. Also I can barley make out the name on the #2 but it does look like doc, as what the posters profile says his name is.

I would like to see proof of jmn444 vs 95cobraR
not sure what you mean... but if he shows up i'll have cameras running lol