Sponsored

My 8 day old GT was hit hard by a motorcycle :(

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
... If there ends up being no Bullitt edition then maybe I'll do an exhaust and a few other things then ...
Man, you are really loving that Bullitt thing!

Hope you're enjoying the return of the Green Monster. Have to go check out your GT 350 review, keep the vids coming. :)

These arent the DRONES your looking for.....
hahahhahahahha

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
Yeah honestly I'm happy with the stock exhaust currently
nobody is happy with the stock exhaust! that was my one gripe, the car was way to quiet, whether you do an x or h pipe or just swap mufflers, its better than stock. you torturted yourself listening to that ecoboost, so the v8 as quiet as it is sounds 1000000x better! :p

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah honestly I'm happy with the stock exhaust currently, even though every person on YouTube insists I need an exhaust :p I'm so tired of drone after the Cobb exhaust that having something nice and subtle is my goal now.

I'll probably leave the car bone stock until next year. If there ends up being no Bullitt edition then maybe I'll do an exhaust and a few other things then. I hate rushing to take parts off a car before trading it in. I still have all my EcoBoost parts in the basement waiting for me to take pictures and try to sell them.
Matt,
When you're ready, go get yourself a Borla Touring catback. No drone of any kind, but you can hear the exhaust when you get on it. From all reports, it's the quietest system you can get. I convinced myself that I liked the stock note too, but holy crap is it a better driving experience with some sound!

[ame]

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Matt,
When you're ready, go get yourself a Borla Touring catback. No drone of any kind, but you can hear the exhaust when you get on it. From all reports, it's the quietest system you can get. I convinced myself that I liked the stock note too, but holy crap is it a better driving experience with some sound!

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind if I eventually feel the need for more sound. I may start with a resonator delete and installing an H-pipe and go from there. The Borla catbacks are a little pricey but I'm willing to pay it if it means no drone and a resonator delete doesn't cut it for me.

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
Matt, it was hard to judge in the video but were you impressed with the GT350?? :lol:
I think I see a GT350 in your future. :ninja:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind if I eventually feel the need for more sound. I may start with a resonator delete and installing an H-pipe and go from there. The Borla catbacks are a little pricey but I'm willing to pay it if it means no drone and a resonator delete doesn't cut it for me.
I did that, with an X pipe, and while it's a nice increase in sound, I really didn't like the tinny, metallic sound of the stock mufflers w/o the resonator. It wasn't bad on part throttle, but revs or WOT it wasn't great at all. Having learned from that experience, I'd go full catback or a mild axleback and keep the suitcase and call it a day. I tried the resonator delete first as a budget option, but like I said, would not do it again to start.

The Borla (including Ford Racing) and Corsa systems do not drone. My favorites are the FR Touring and Corsa Touring.

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
http://www.americanmuscle.com/mustang-h-pipes-vs-x-pipes.html

HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT MID-PIPE FOR YOUR MUSTANG

So which one is right for you? Well, you first must decide on your plans for the car - if you are building a high-horsepower drag machine your choice will be different than a mildly modded street car. If you need a boost in low end torque, pick up an h-pipe. If it's high end horsepower later in the rpm band you seek, an x-pipe is the way to go. Keeping power in mind is important but most Mustang enthusiasts make their choice based on sound. Like previously stated - x-pipes provide a higher pitched, raspier note and can drone a bit whereas H-pipes produce a deeper, old-school muscle car growl. Personal preference will dominate and you can check out a sample sound clip on the product's page if you are unsure of which is right for you.

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Matt, it was hard to judge in the video but were you impressed with the GT350?? :lol:
I think I see a GT350 in your future. :ninja:
Haha maybe eventually but for now I'm content with the GT.

I did that, with an X pipe, and while it's a nice increase in sound, I really didn't like the tinny, metallic sound of the stock mufflers w/o the resonator. It wasn't bad on part throttle, but revs or WOT it wasn't great at all. Having learned from that experience, I'd go full catback or a mild axleback and keep the suitcase and call it a day. I tried the resonator delete first as a budget option, but like I said, would not do it again to start.

The Borla (including Ford Racing) and Corsa systems do not drone. My favorites are the FR Touring and Corsa Touring.
Thanks for the great insight. Sounds like I should just do the catback.

Sponsored

WarrENDeatH

The Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R 'Hellbat'
That GT350 review was insane. Definitely a bit pricey, but man that looked like fun.

15Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Got a little update and some pictures of the progress. Looks like they got the new quarter panel welded in. They're saying end of next week it'll be finished. Also, insurance seems to be playing ball now on the diminished value after sending them a stern letter reminding them that I won't consider myself made whole (their obligation) until I get diminished value. They are now waiting for the post-repair appraisal to figure out how much to give for diminished value. Anyway can only get one pic to upload of the progress currently but gives the idea. Painful to see but I know it'll probably look better than new when it's done.
I wonder what a repair like this does to the body's rigidity/stiffness and/or crash worthiness. When these cars are built, the entire side panel is stamped from one piece of steel from the A pillar , around the door, and quarter. Now, that has been cut and a piece welded in. Mfgrs always like to boast that their one-piece side helps make the car stiffer.

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
Matt, it was hard to judge in the video but were you impressed with the GT350?? :lol:...
I think he rated the GT350's fun factor somewhere in between a Hyundai Veloster and a Subaru Forester. ;)

I wonder what a repair like this does to the body's rigidity/stiffness and/or crash worthiness ...
Good question, I would imagine it's ok.

Anyone here a professional welder?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

EPIC REACTIONS! :first::shocked:
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
Magnaflow Street Series sounds really good has a more deeper tone without the dreaded drone !!

[ame]

[ame]

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Cheapest route is roush axle back. no drone and plenty loud when wanted to.
Sponsored