MY '21 Orders being converted to MY '22?

Hanavarian

Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
Ticino 7D
Except Mach 1 and GT 500. Dealer told me and sent bulleten dated Aug 13.

Anyone else hear of this?
Advertisement

Kermut

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 MX-5; 2021 M1 #5247 on order
No I haven’t heard anything and no I’m not surprised, at all. My M1 order from 7/20 has already been pushed back a month to end of November

jblue

Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2021 Twister Orange GT Premium 401A Ebony Stripes
No I haven’t heard anything and no I’m not surprised, at all. My M1 order from 7/20 has already been pushed back a month to end of November
I'm not sure what's going on. I ordered mine on 5/15/21, got the VIN, window sticker, said it was built on 8/04/21. When I went online to track it, like 2 days ago, the window sticker was unavailable, and now when I track it, all I get is the system error, for like 5 days now. I've been really patient, not in a hurry, but kinda getting a little tired of FoMoCo's BS.

Kermut

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 MX-5; 2021 M1 #5247 on order
I'm not sure what's going on. I ordered mine on 5/15/21, got the VIN, window sticker, said it was built on 8/04/21. When I went online to track it, like 2 days ago, the window sticker was unavailable, and now when I track it, all I get is the system error, for like 5 days now. I've been really patient, not in a hurry, but kinda getting a little tired of FoMoCo's BS.
Call them?

Atlas1

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Except Mach 1 and GT 500. Dealer told me and sent bulleten dated Aug 13.

Anyone else hear of this?
When either @Jay at Granger or @[email protected] confirm that you’ll know it’s true. If they haven’t heard it I wouldn’t worry. Pretty sure they would have posted by now if that was something that had come down from ford

Jay at Granger

Gold Sponsor
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
When either @Jay at Granger or @[email protected] confirm that you’ll know it’s true. If they haven’t heard it I wouldn’t worry. Pretty sure they would have posted by now if that was something that had come down from ford
We aren’t even able to order a 2022 Mach 1 yet, so I can’t see your VIN being “converted”. Once a VIN is assigned, that is the model year of your vehicle. As far as we know, nothing is being changed right now. Some orders unfortunately are taking longer than others.

OP
OP

Hanavarian

Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
Ticino 7D
I'm sure it's an order with no VIN assigned yet.....

velocityblue5.0

Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium, 2007 Toyota Tacoma
hmm...mine has scheduled build week of oct 11th, and i placed the order at the dealership July 22 (got my VIN on aug 5th) but my salesman told me that it will be a '21 no matter what.

BabyPanza

Reaction score
First Name
Cheryl
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi SQ5
You clear your cache? Also you can call or email Ford Performance to check status. The number and email are on several ordering threads so you should be able to do a search or look through those to find.

jblue

Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2021 Twister Orange GT Premium 401A Ebony Stripes
My
You clear your cache? Also you can call or email Ford Performance to check status. The number and email are on several ordering threads so you should be able to do a search or look through those to find.
My dealer got a hold of me and explained something about after it is built and shipped the information is taken off the website. Kinda weird I thought. Finally received my car yesterday, and I freakin love it. It is a sports car IMO, and is awesome. Hope you get what you ordered, and I am glad I ordered it and spec'd it the way I wanted. So far, everyone loves it, and Twister Orange is a very cool and vibrant color. Not too many of them around. I haven't seen. Enjoy your car when you get it, I'm sure you will.

Advertisement

22 - Velgen Wheels - 2
Advertisement