Sponsored

My 2024 TRD Off Road delivered (traded 2021 Bronco)

JED

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma TRD Sport
Sweet truck. What wheel and tire combo are you running. I originally thought I’d run black wheels but Bronze wheels are starting to grow on me.
Thanks.
Wheels - Method 703 +35
Tires - Toyo 285/75R17 Open Country III 4 ply
Lift - Westcott Design 2 1/2” frt 3/4” rear
Sponsored

TacoJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Thanks! What motivated me the most was getting rid of the soft top. At high way speeds it would just be so loud. After market hard tops starting at like $5500 plus everyone on Facebook marketplace thinking their oem roof was worth $10k it made no sense to buy one considering the factory option was something like $1200 at time of order. I got a good price for it for trade which barely increased my payment (just because of the interest rate). I also test drove a Trd or at my dealership before putting down a deposit and the ride was so much better (but the bronco did have 35 inch mud terrain tires).
My neighbor has the Outer Banks model of the new Bronco and wants to get rid of it too. He said it sounds like the "world is coming to an end" when driving at interstate speeds in it 😆

OP
OP
DillyCrack

DillyCrack

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
My neighbor has the Outer Banks model of the new Bronco and wants to get rid of it too. He said it sounds like the "world is coming to an end" when driving at interstate speeds in it 😆
He’s not exaggerating one bit 🤣 add a windy day to doing 75mph and I couldn’t hear myself think.

Nixamantacoma

First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outerbanks
I will be selling/trading my 2022 OuterBanks bronco as well. Hopefully will get a good price.

I just got notified of my allocation last week from the dealership. I will be getting the Sport.

Originally, I was going with the Bronze Oxide, but changed over to the Underground.

Yours looks great!!

OP
OP
DillyCrack

DillyCrack

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
I will be selling/trading my 2022 OuterBanks bronco as well. Hopefully will get a good price.

I just got notified of my allocation last week from the dealership. I will be getting the Sport.

Originally, I was going with the Bronze Oxide, but changed over to the Underground.

Yours looks great!!
I don’t think you’ll regret it one bit. It’s been 2 days and I’m so glad that I finally traded mine in after thinking about it for a year or so.
Underground is my 2nd favorite color for sure. I haven’t seen one in person but it looks great it pictures! Good luck !

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Thanks for your honest review of the Bronco. I keep looking at them thinking it’s the logical & emotional move up for me, except for the fact that my greatest reason for moving up the car ladder is to have a better highway vehicle….

OP
OP
DillyCrack

DillyCrack

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Thanks for your honest review of the Bronco. I keep looking at them thinking it’s the logical & emotional move up for me, except for the fact that my greatest reason for moving up the car ladder is to have a better highway vehicle….
I can’t speak for the hard top, but the soft top is definitely not the way to go. The ride in it is fine I was coming from an 06 ram 1500 so I thought it was great compared to that, but once I drove the Tacoma it’s night and day. The first thing my girlfriend said to me when we went to a drive in it is that it’s insane how much more comfortable of a ride it is and she loved the bronco.

Reactions: MJE

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I can’t speak for the hard top, but the soft top is definitely not the way to go. The ride in it is fine I was coming from an 06 ram 1500 so I thought it was great compared to that, but once I drove the Tacoma it’s night and day. The first thing my girlfriend said to me when we went to a drive in it is that it’s insane how much more comfortable of a ride it is and she loved the bronco.
Even my Ford sales guy said for my priorities the Bronco wasn’t probably the way to go as his wife has one. If I could have one as a 2nd fun car I’d do it.

Now maybe a follow-up question. Coming from a Bronco did you check out the Ranger at all? I read good things about it, even if Toyota really owns the midsize segment. I just haven’t checked out either in person yet & really need to.

OP
OP
DillyCrack

DillyCrack

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Even my Ford sales guy said for my priorities the Bronco wasn’t probably the way to go as his wife has one. If I could have one as a 2nd fun car I’d do it.

Now maybe a follow-up question. Coming from a Bronco did you check out the Ranger at all? I read good things about it, even if Toyota really owns the midsize segment. I just haven’t checked out either in person yet & really need to.
I’m not really a fan of ford. Every issue I had with my bronco pretty much went unresolved. The ranger has the 10 speed auto as well and I wasn’t a huge fan of it in the Bronco. It shifts pretty hard and not quick enough at times. Every single passenger I’ve ever had noticed it too and it seems to be a common thing. Not sure I’d be interested in a ford again any time soon.

Reactions: MJE
OP
OP
DillyCrack

DillyCrack

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Thanks.
Wheels - Method 703 +35
Tires - Toyo 285/75R17 Open Country III 4 ply
Lift - Westcott Design 2 1/2” frt 3/4” rear
Did you get a spare ? If so how’d it fit?

taco_pd

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
How much did you get for your bronco trade? I have a 21' Badlands sasquatch soft top and waiting for the TRD Off Road with MAX to come out and possibly trade in the Bronco for it.

OP
OP
DillyCrack

DillyCrack

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
How much did you get for your bronco trade? I have a 21' Badlands sasquatch soft top and waiting for the TRD Off Road with MAX to come out and possibly trade in the Bronco for it.
I got $37k trade for it (msrp of like 42,500? When i bought it) which is a little bit higher than the median value on KBB. I had a Base with Sasquatch package and the 6 cyl.
Sponsored