SO absolutely excited! Completely stock 6spd
so many firsts for me
- First new car ever
- First car above $10k
- First ford
- First 2 door
- First non 4 Cylinder car
- First black car

Have youtubed just about every mustang video from reviews, cleaning, maintenance, comparisons,
Hope to be asking questions on here :) and to avoid making dumb mistakes
Sponsored

Last edited:

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT, PP1 and 2021 Mach 1
Have fun. They are a blast.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Congratulations! Lots of fun days lie ahead for you. Enjoy your new ride! I’m sure you already have your eye on your first mods.

OP
OP

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 California GT: Black
thanks folks!
have received the car, its glorious!
im not sure if most people posting here are from the US or Australia even though its the Australian section,

here are my initial feedback from 80 km of driving so far

- whats the best way/place to take a nice photo of my car to post up here using my phone? i took some and sun was glaring, background was bad (garden hedge), it was horrible
- very surprised how easy it is to drive was expecting it to be raw and rough
- Loving driving with the windows down to hear the engine
- black is going to be hard to keep clean/scratch free, already a couple of micro scratches in teh paint straight from the dealer that wont come off
- We are RHD, and the left mirror doesnt adjust inwards far enough for the driver to see unless I lean over (apparently Ford didnt consider this, funny and silly problem to have) add to the bonnet unlock latch and hand brake on the "wrong' side
- Engine cover is coming off to expose the feature engine

Loving my new baby!

as I parked my car for the first time, coincidentally, I saw one of these, first one of seen in this colour on the roads, absolutely gorgeous

20210124-111341.png

Last edited:

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
yes the mirrors do take a bit of getting used to, but you'll quickly adjust
Enjoy!

Sponsored

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
thanks folks!
have received the car, its glorious!
im not sure if most people posting here are from the US or Australia even though its the Australian section,

here are my initial feedback from 80 km of driving so far

- whats the best way/place to take a nice photo of my car to post up here using my phone? i took some and sun was glaring, background was bad (garden hedge), it was horrible
- very surprised how easy it is to drive was expecting it to be raw and rough
- Loving driving with the windows down to hear the engine
- black is going to be hard to keep clean/scratch free, already a couple of micro scratches in teh paint straight from the dealer that wont come off
- We are RHD, and the left mirror doesnt adjust inwards far enough for the driver to see unless I lean over (apparently Ford didnt consider this, funny and silly problem to have) add to the bonnet unlock latch and hand brake on the "wrong' side

Loving my new baby!

as I parked my car for the first time, coincidentally, I saw one of these, first one of seen in this colour on the roads, absolutely gorgeous

20210124-111341.png
I know that car. It’s an absolute stunner. Congrats on your purchase.

B7E31C45-08F6-40B2-AED1-81313CA7CBD6.jpeg

829D1160-B24D-4E1E-AD22-E1AA315418A9.jpeg

OP
OP

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
I know that car. It’s an absolute stunner. Congrats on your purchase.

B7E31C45-08F6-40B2-AED1-81313CA7CBD6.jpeg

829D1160-B24D-4E1E-AD22-E1AA315418A9.jpeg
thanks!
that mustang is absolutely gorgeous!

I too looked at your bullitt , but it was way out of my budget:)

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Best advice I can give for maintaining a black car is get the paint corrected ASAP and get some good protection on it and keep adding protection regularly.

OP
OP

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
Best advice I can give for maintaining a black car is get the paint corrected ASAP and get some good protection on it and keep adding protection regularly.
Definitely looking into it

Also purchased all the cleaning equipment along with meguires hybrid wax. Looking to apply every 3 months or so

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue
thanks folks! ...............We are RHD, and the left mirror doesnt adjust inwards far enough for the driver to see unless I lean over (apparently Ford didnt consider this, funny and silly problem to have) add to the bonnet unlock latch and hand brake on the "wrong' side

Loving my new baby!
I am surprised you have a problem with the Mirror Adjustment.

Not a problem I have experienced with mine. Our Mirrors are specific to Export Mustangs, and have a different shape, with no connection to the US LHD Market.

Have you tried moving your seat - driving position back?

Reactions: PKs

Sponsored
OP
OP

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)

Not a problem I have experienced with mine. Our Mirrors are specific to Export Mustangs, and have a different shape, with no connection to the US LHD Market.

im going to have a fiddle with the whole setup again tomorrow, after reading that, the mirror when I angle it internally, the closest I can get it , before it starts clicking is where its at at the momenbt

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
im going to have a fiddle with the whole setup again tomorrow, after reading that, the mirror when I angle it internally, the closest I can get it , before it starts clicking is where its at at the momenbt
I find that where I have the seat (fairly back) both mirrors give good vision.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase

Most people adjust the mirrors so they can see the rear quarters - I’m not sure I see the point in that but I appreciate everyone is different.

I find the mirrors work fine (with adjustment to spare) once the rear quarter is just out of view.

I’m 5,9 and normal proportions (maybe a little lockdown large around the middle ... lol).

Give it a try and let us know :like:

WD :like:

OP
OP

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
have read a few of the break in , spare tyre posts/threads on here,

I wont be driving 15,000 miles per year nor going regional too often, so the lack of spare tyre/space saver was a bit surprise, my car comes with RACV roadside, and I asked them if I dont have a spare do you guys help with the inflation kit , they said no, they will tow the car and pay for your hotel, which seems a huge overkill, so am thinking should i buy one of those tyre kits for about $750 ish , what do you guys do?

breakin - some say it doesnt need it but the manual says to not drive like schumacher for the first 1500km, so what is the definition of this, I thought I drove it moderately hard yesterday but it never went past 4k rpm

warming the engine up - some say warming up does nothing, some say it hurts the engine, some say its not required

thanks for your feedback Ladies and gents!

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
have read a few of the break in , spare tyre posts/threads on here,

I wont be driving 15,000 miles per year nor going regional too often, so the lack of spare tyre/space saver was a bit surprise, my car comes with RACV roadside, and I asked them if I dont have a spare do you guys help with the inflation kit , they said no, they will tow the car and pay for your hotel, which seems a huge overkill, so am thinking should i buy one of those tyre kits for about $750 ish , what do you guys do?

breakin - some say it doesnt need it but the manual says to not drive like schumacher for the first 1500km, so what is the definition of this, I thought I drove it moderately hard yesterday but it never went past 4k rpm

warming the engine up - some say warming up does nothing, some say it hurts the engine, some say its not required

thanks for your feedback Ladies and gents!
dont ring it’s neck for first 1500-2000ks but moderate driving ok. Vary revs. No need to warm up, those days are gone but give it a few seconds from cold for oil to circulate.
Sponsored