My 2020 Heritage Edition available at Porsche Lehigh Valley

gmuffley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 350 Wimbledon White Heritage Edition
I recently traded my HEP GT 350 in on a Porsche Cayman GTS at the Porsche dealership in Allentown, PA (Porsche Lehigh Valley). They have it listed for $76K. The car is perfect in every way and has 2,750 miles on it. Oil and filter changed in September 2021 at 2,100 miles.

If you are interested contact Danny Araujo at 484-347-0846.

It would be nice to see it go to someone "in the family".
Sponsored

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
The real question is how the GTS impresses you?

OP
OP
gmuffley

gmuffley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
I saw it on Autotrader last night for $76K. I don't know why it is not listed on their website. I know that the dealership isn't going to keep it long. If they can't sell it quick, they will sell to another dealer. They gave me $70K for the trade, which saved me $4500 on Maryland sales tax.

I

Sponsored

OP
OP
gmuffley

gmuffley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Just checked again. Still $76K on Autotrader.

OP
OP
gmuffley

gmuffley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
The real question is how the GTS impresses you?
I wanted to try a mid-engine car after owning Mustangs for the last 22 years. I drove the C8 and then the Cayman and I liked driving the Cayman much more.

Compared to the Shelby, the Cayman is 700 lbs. lighter, has a shorter wheelbase and is significantly smaller. It has a turbo 4 that puts out 365 hp, which is conservative based on the dyno results.

You can instantly feel the lack of the engine weight over the front wheels. The Shelby is a brute force approach to make the car corner well with the suspension settings, magnetic ride control and huge Cup 2 tires. The Cayman is effortless in the corners by comparison and the suspension controls the body motion better. Bumps in the corner are a non-issue. All I can say is that this is the most fun to drive of any car I have owned or ridden in. The Cayman is preferable to the 911, IMHO, since the 911 engine sits behind the rear wheels.

Around the track, the Cayman will hang with the Shelby on a technical course that doesn't have long straights. The Cayman can brake later and get on the gas quicker. Traction in any condition is superior.

The BAD.

Let's start with stupid pricing on Porsches of any type. Everything is optional and it ain't cheap. The service will cost more and it much harder to wrench on your own. I won't even try, so I will pay through the nose. The engine sits behind the seats and sounds like ASS compared to the Vodoo.

Weighing the positives and negatives, I bought it. If I had the garage space and could have afforded to keep the Shelby, I would have. If I had both cars in the garage, I would drive the Cayman most of the time.

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
...The Cayman is preferable to the 911, IMHO, since the 911 engine sits behind the rear wheels....
I would never sell my GT350, and I always buy the 911 (both cars were first made in 1965).

BTW, another big difference is everything is more expensive at Porsche service. The Cayman GTS is a good car.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So did the HEP sell, eBay link is no longer active and it's still not on the Porsche dealer site anywhere.

OP
OP
gmuffley

gmuffley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
So did the HEP sell, eBay link is no longer active and it's still not on the Porsche dealer site anywhere.
The dealer told me it sold wthin 2 hours after the Ebay motors listing appeared.

Sponsored

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I wanted to try a mid-engine car after owning Mustangs for the last 22 years. I drove the C8 and then the Cayman and I liked driving the Cayman much more.

Compared to the Shelby, the Cayman is 700 lbs. lighter, has a shorter wheelbase and is significantly smaller. It has a turbo 4 that puts out 365 hp, which is conservative based on the dyno results.

You can instantly feel the lack of the engine weight over the front wheels. The Shelby is a brute force approach to make the car corner well with the suspension settings, magnetic ride control and huge Cup 2 tires. The Cayman is effortless in the corners by comparison and the suspension controls the body motion better. Bumps in the corner are a non-issue. All I can say is that this is the most fun to drive of any car I have owned or ridden in. The Cayman is preferable to the 911, IMHO, since the 911 engine sits behind the rear wheels.

Around the track, the Cayman will hang with the Shelby on a technical course that doesn't have long straights. The Cayman can brake later and get on the gas quicker. Traction in any condition is superior.

The BAD.

Let's start with stupid pricing on Porsches of any type. Everything is optional and it ain't cheap. The service will cost more and it much harder to wrench on your own. I won't even try, so I will pay through the nose. The engine sits behind the seats and sounds like ASS compared to the Vodoo.

Weighing the positives and negatives, I bought it. If I had the garage space and could have afforded to keep the Shelby, I would have. If I had both cars in the garage, I would drive the Cayman most of the time.
Great write-up Gary...!!!!

I own both a GT350 and a Cayman.
You speak the truth with your analysis.
I went to put a down-payment on a GT4 and trade in the GT350.
They indicated that the wait list went potentially into 2023, 2024... and the platform may change.
I asked what the change was, and they said it would be all electric.
Told them I was not going to give a non-refundable deposit for a potential electric car.
They indicated that nobody who wants a GT4 wants an electric Porsche... they all want the 400hp+ Flat Six...!
They were going to offer me over MSRP on my high mileage '19 GT350 if I put down a deposit ........ I turned them down with the potential THREAT of an Electric Cayman...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The exhaust of the Shelby sold me on the original purchase, and will keep me faithful to the VooDoo exhaust note!

OP
OP
gmuffley

gmuffley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Great write-up Gary...!!!!

I own both a GT350 and a Cayman.
You speak the truth with your analysis.
I went to put a down-payment on a GT4 and trade in the GT350.
They indicated that the wait list went potentially into 2023, 2024... and the platform may change.
I asked what the change was, and they said it would be all electric.
Told them I was not going to give a non-refundable deposit for a potential electric car.
They indicated that nobody who wants a GT4 wants an electric Porsche... they all want the 400hp+ Flat Six...!
They were going to offer me over MSRP on my high mileage '19 GT350 if I put down a deposit ........ I turned them down with the potential THREAT of an Electric Cayman...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The exhaust of the Shelby sold me on the original purchase, and will keep me faithful to the VooDoo exhaust note!
I did contemplate a used GT 4, and there are several available within a 300 mile radius, but I could not justify a $140K, or more, for one. The GTS I bought is plenty fast, but as I noted before, it sounds like a sewing machine until the revs pass 4K. Even then it wilts in comparison to the Vodoo.
Sponsored