Sponsored

GattmanLA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT500 (SOLD)
Here is a little video from a track day at Big Willow including some fun drifting and a comparison between the stock GT500 exhaust and my new Borla Atak CAT back system.

This next video is some laps of Streets of Willow with firstly me doing some reasonable laps, then Will Wattanawongkiri (from WWR) showed me how it should be done!

What an amazing car. I keep thinking I've discovered it's limits and then it gives me the middle finger!
Sponsored

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
Here is a little video from a track day at Big Willow including some fun drifting and a comparison between the stock GT500 exhaust and my new Borla Atak CAT back system.

This next video is some laps of Streets of Willow with firstly me doing some reasonable laps, then Will Wattanawongkiri (from WWR) showed me how it should be done!

What an amazing car. I keep thinking I've discovered it's limits and then it gives me the middle finger!
Awesome videos! Any idea how much longer the rear tires last than the fronts, i.e. number of sessions? I know you did some drifting that day which would skew things. Did you have track alignment?

OP
OP
GattmanLA

GattmanLA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Awesome videos! Any idea how much longer the rear tires last than the fronts, i.e. number of sessions? I know you did some drifting that day which would skew things. Did you have track alignment?
The first video was after the third of three full track days.
Thermal Club w/Track Alignment (at Ford Performance spec), and then two days at Big Willow running a compromise between street and track alignment. I think -1 rear and -1.6 front camber. Track spec is 1.6 rear and 2.6 front. The overall wear between fronts and rears was quite similar, but the fronts had a little more outside shoulder wear from not enough camber and me overdriving the car a little. See the used tire image.

I then replaced the tires for the 4th track session at Streets (second video).

One thing I've learned is that tires and correct alignment can mean 10-20 seconds per lap in this car! It's astonishing the difference it can make. Having the car set up correctly can mean you can take T8 at Big Willow without lifting off at 130+mph. When those tires are old, overinflated/hot, or camber isn't set properly, you are like on ice. And thats not a good feeling in a 760hp car. A set of tires that would still have another 3k miles of daily driving left, will be useless on the track (depending on driver mod of course).
IMG_1602.jpg

Ablaze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2020 TO CFTP, 2013 SBY Boss 302
FPB with no stripes is the cat's meow. Add the CFTP and it's game over. Putting the car through it's paces man, getting your monies worth. You're awesome. Please keep sharing more videos and definitely get some photos up. It's very, very hard to find FPB without stripes and I'm trying to convince the wife to switch from Twister Orange since our order got pushed back.

Sponsored

OP
OP
GattmanLA

GattmanLA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
FPB with no stripes is the cat's meow. Add the CFTP and it's game over. Putting the car through it's paces man, getting your monies worth. You're awesome. Please keep sharing more videos and definitely get some photos up. It's very, very hard to find FPB without stripes and I'm trying to convince the wife to switch from Twister Orange since our order got pushed back.
I was going to get Orange as well, but then found out everyone was ordering Orange AND I daily the car, so that wasn't going to work. I've had many blue cars in the past so went for the blue. I chose FPB because its more rare than the other blues and exclusive to the FP range.

Zero regrets!

Check out my Instagram page for many pics go this girl! @josephgattofficial

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
The first video was after the third of three full track days.
Thermal Club w/Track Alignment (at Ford Performance spec), and then two days at Big Willow running a compromise between street and track alignment. I think -1 rear and -1.6 front camber. Track spec is 1.6 rear and 2.6 front. The overall wear between fronts and rears was quite similar, but the fronts had a little more outside shoulder wear from not enough camber and me overdriving the car a little. See the used tire image.

I then replaced the tires for the 4th track session at Streets (second video).

One thing I've learned is that tires and correct alignment can mean 10-20 seconds per lap in this car! It's astonishing the difference it can make. Having the car set up correctly can mean you can take T8 at Big Willow without lifting off at 130+mph. When those tires are old, overinflated/hot, or camber isn't set properly, you are like on ice. And thats not a good feeling in a 760hp car. A set of tires that would still have another 3k miles of daily driving left, will be useless on the track (depending on driver mod of course).
IMG_1602.jpg
For sure about needing the correct alignment. Same with the ZL1.

Have you had a chance to drive or at least ride along in a non CFTP car for comparison, i.e. speed phenom's GT500? Very interested in the effects of the super light carbon wheels on keeping the car settled.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 gt 350 ,07 f150 lariat,2016 Lincoln navigator
Every time I see one of these cars being driven the way they should be it makes me giggle inside as you did on the video.. Amazing footage ,would you mind me asking your chassis number

OP
OP
GattmanLA

GattmanLA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Every time I see one of these cars being driven the way they should be it makes me giggle inside as you did on the video.. Amazing footage ,would you mind me asking your chassis number
L0199 (Left the factory on Dec 3rd).

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
That is so awesome. My limited time on the NOLA track with a base model leaves me way hungry for more!

Sponsored

Firetpi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
17 Z06 (Bye Bye), 19 350R, 10 Audi S4, 02 Sierra
Badass. Driver mod is totally humbling... Instructor at my local track told me he never lets anyone else drive his car just to save his ego lol(Older folks with experience are fast... phew). Glad to see shes performing well for you and that you're using as intended. Keep shredding tire!

OP
OP
GattmanLA

GattmanLA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Badass. Driver mod is totally humbling... Instructor at my local track told me he never lets anyone else drive his car just to save his ego lol(Older folks with experience are fast... phew). Glad to see shes performing well for you and that you're using as intended. Keep shredding tire!
I know my limitations. That knowledge helps keep my substantial ego in check and the tires on the black stuff. After all, no one's paying us to go fastest!

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I'll be keeping an eye out for this beauty around LA!!
Sponsored