Sponsored

My 2019 Mustang Gt only fills up too 198 miles too empty, Sometimes 205 *UPDATED - Thanks for reply*

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
After a track day, I had an issue where the estimate was based on the track mileage of ~10 mpg afterward. Like a month afterward, with the trip meter showing an average MPG of 19.

Took it to the dealer and they did something to reset the calculation. Working normal now.
Sponsored

clive1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT convertible
On a trip, IE not city/daily driving, I can get up to about 700 Kilometres or about 430 miles. The photo was taken on a trip with roof down and at our speed limit of 110 KPH or about just under 70MPH. My car is a MY17 converible auto GT .I had travelled 245K or about 150 miles and the DTE readout shows 453K or about 280 miles. I am very impressed. Of course in daily driving it is View attachment 459269 about half or less than this as I would mostly do very short trips. BTW the 9.1L/Km translates to Imperial 30MPG which I think is impressive for a V8.
MPG.jpg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
If your main concern is mileage a Honda or Prius may be in your future.

olerodder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/A10
I picked up my 19 PP1/A10 last June. I only have 3,800 miles on the Mustang and never let the tank get below 1/2 full. It was funny that I drove the car for about 250 miles and looked down one minute and it was just below half, and the next minute it said I had 4 miles before empty. I just pulled into Costco and filled it. When it was full it said 389 miles before empy. I had to drive from Portland to Seattle and had gone about 188 miles when the warning light said I had 4 miles before empty, and I was in bumper to bumper traffic. I got over and filled up and it only took 10 gallons. On my return I calculated that when warning light came on I still had another 60+ miles to go...WRONG! I ran out of gas at 30 miles, and the gauge dropped from between 1/4 and 1/2, then dropped to zero. After running out of gas the gas gauge and estimated mileage are fairly close...I usually get 403 or so when I fill up on the gauge, and my overall average is 18 around town and 24 on the highway. It seems to work great now and checking it manually the gauge is within 5%...I'm happy. As soon as the Virus is gone, I'm making a road trip of 1300 miles, from Oregon to Phoenix, and plan to see if the PP2 splitter makes a difference above 1xx.

Devil5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I get 12.5MPG average on my whipple stage 2 GT and 170 on a full tank babying the car for 80% of the tank and the other 20% with spirited driving on 91 octane. Before the whipple, I was getting roughly 18mpg average, so the whipple took a shit on the MPG by a lot but the smiles per gallon gained made it all worth it. If I were to convert to E85 on my car, I would be getting about 8MPG and 110 miles per tank on a full fillup

Sponsored

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
To the op My 18 GT is like 170 max at fill upon average. Never once saw 200 on the odometer read out. No whipple. That’s street driving primarily. Highway I get about 18mpg so I do end up over 200 if it’s. Along highway trip. This isn’t my primary car nor should it be any ones. But if it is this is something that is just known before buying it. When Ford tests these cars they drive them under the best possible circumstances. I’m sure they use a lot of cruising to achieve the number advertised. The reality is it just isn’t ever the truth. Because no one drives under those circumstances and no one will ever attain the mpg advertised if they are driving a mustang the way it’s meant to be driven.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On a trip, IE not city/daily driving, I can get up to about 700 Kilometres or about 430 miles. The photo was taken on a trip with roof down and at our speed limit of 110 KPH or about just under 70MPH. My car is a MY17 converible auto GT .I had travelled 245K or about 150 miles and the DTE readout shows 453K or about 280 miles. I am very impressed. Of course in daily driving it is View attachment 459269 about half or less than this as I would mostly do very short trips. BTW the 9.1L/Km translates to Imperial 30MPG which I think is impressive for a V8.
MPG.jpg
Ugh. 9.1 km converted to miles is less than 6. Which would mean less than 6 mpg. I don’t know where you get 30 from. Am I missing something?

clive1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT convertible
Ugh. 9.1 km converted to miles is less than 6. Which would mean less than 6 mpg. I don’t know where you get 30 from. Am I missing something?
That is 9.1 litres per 100 kilometres, 100K equals 62 miles and as it took 9.1L and there is 4.54 litres per Imperial gallon it has consumed 2 gallons per 62 miles which is 31mpg. not 6

Last edited:

Ed M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT convertible
This isn’t my primary car nor should it be any ones.
What? Why didn’t anyone tell me before I bought my Mustang??? Crap, now I have to buy another car.

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
When I bought mine, I drove it back to Iowa from North Carolina and averaged 29mpg. I was shocked. However, I just switched to e85. prior I was about 16-18 in town, driving it spiritedly... now i am about 11-12 driving the same. But the new mods and new power its hard to stay out of it. Just filled up and it said 198 miles to empty. But who cares when e85 is .81 cents a gallon here. Drink up pony!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is 9.1 litres per 100 kilometres, 100K equals 62 miles and as it took 9.1L and there is 4.54 litres per Imperial gallon it has consumed 2 gallons per 62 miles which is 31mpg. not 6
If you are getting 31mpg you should let ford know because that would be a unicorn lol. Are you cruising at 20mph all day long? I’m assuming auto right. Because manual just isn’t doing that.

clive1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT convertible
As my post said it is Imperial mpg NOT US mpg. The conversion factor to US mpg is 0.83333 so 31 x 0.83333 = 25.8 US mpg. And if you had read the post you would have seen that it is an auto and I also said in the post that I was cruising at 110Kph which is approx. 68mph. In fact over here, Australia, you cannot buy a convertible with manual.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As my post said it is Imperial mpg NOT US mpg. The conversion factor to US mpg is 0.83333 so 31 x 0.83333 = 25.8 US mpg. And if you had read the post you would have seen that it is an auto and I also said in the post that I was cruising at 110Kph which is approx. 68mph. In fact over here, Australia, you cannot buy a convertible with manual.
No one uses the imperial system besides Burma. So excuse my confusion but I think its warranted. Next time just use a normal mileage conversion instead of imperial. lol. Don't blame me for not being versed in every outdated metric system there is. Sorry I didn't realize you had an auto. I should've assumed.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I think you sort of asked for that one. I lived out of the country for over 20 years and still amazed at how many of us Americans can't/don't take the time to realize that everything is not the same in other parts of the world. I knew exactly the calculations he was using....plus looking at his dash says a lot. Right by that 9.1 is the 1/100. The metric system is actually a pretty simple system to use and guess what.....it is not outdated in other parts of the world. Makes me think you have not done much traveling outside of the U.S. Why should he convert to American mpg...that's where middle school math skills should have come into play. Some people don't know how to say, hey I understood wrong and leave it at that....they have to somehow place the blame on somebody. You do know you could have jumped in your car, changed the units of measure to the metric system and had some kind of idea of the conversion by just comparing what your American mpg reading is to what it would shown as the metric measurement. Trivial question....how many countries in the world use the metric system and how many use the American system of measurement?

No one uses the imperial system besides Burma. So excuse my confusion but I think its warranted. Next time just use a normal mileage conversion instead of imperial. lol. Don't blame me for not being versed in every outdated metric system there is. Sorry I didn't realize you had an auto. I should've assumed.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think you sort of asked for that one. I lived out of the country for over 20 years and still amazed at how many of us Americans can't/don't take the time to realize that everything is not the same in other parts of the world. I knew exactly the calculations he was using....plus looking at his dash says a lot. Right by that 9.1 is the 1/100. The metric system is actually a pretty simple system to use and guess what.....it is not outdated in other parts of the world. Makes me think you have not done much traveling outside of the U.S. Why should he convert to American mpg...that's where middle school math skills should have come into play. Some people don't know how to say, hey I understood wrong and leave it at that....they have to somehow place the blame on somebody. You do know you could have jumped in your car, changed the units of measure to the metric system and had some kind of idea of the conversion by just comparing what your American mpg reading is to what it would shown as the metric measurement. Trivial question....how many countries in the world use the metric system and how many use the American system of measurement?
This is a mustang site not a site for ‘“middle school math” skills. But again I really don’t care much. It was an honest misread on my part and when it comes to this forum really should not be a topic. Lol. America uses the “imperial” system still. The mileage that was posted is not what America uses though. So it was a confusing statement. Again I misread. Who cares though?
Sponsored