Sponsored

My 2019 Mustang Gt only fills up too 198 miles too empty, Sometimes 205 *UPDATED - Thanks for reply*

Mhjr74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKS, Ford Explorer
Try turning off rev matching.
Sponsored

PizzyP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
this is almost like the guy who lost his key never to return to say if he found it or not.

with that, keep your foot on the pedal, more smiles per gallon that way.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I have gotten anywhere from 14 mpg to 28 mpg. It all depends on how I drive it and traffic. Getting 28 mpg on city streets is really difficult and you have to drive like your foot is on an egg shell and slow down before you get to traffic lights so you don't have to stop. It was just an experiment to see how much mileage I could get.

Sponsored

ManyfordsnoMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible Magnetic 10 spd auto loaded; '04 Maruader SC, 1970 442 W30 Convertible, 2014 Fusion Energi
What? There is a DTE and MPG gauge built into our car? Never noticed!:crackup::cwl:

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
When I go to see my dad I get approx 300 miles range. But that’s motorway and A road most of the way with the cruse pinned on 80mph ish.
That’s approx 28 imperial mpg which is bloody marvellous for a 5 litre V8.

When I commute to work in stop start traffic I would be lucky to get 180 mile range.

When on a track I would guess range is closer to 50 miles.

What’s the driving environment like for you and your 200 mile range? Get it on a long quiet run at 60-70mph in top gear and see how far it will take you. Should be in excess of 340 miles I bet.

StealthFighter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BOB
Vehicle(s)
-2019 GT premium a10 -pp1 -Shadow Black loaded
it is not only driving fast, or always stomping on the pedal from a stop sign or red light,
One thing that really affects gas mileage is the pedal pusher, the person who is continuously
on and off the gas, never smoothly driving.
My 2015 Explorer sport averages nearly 20 mpg combined driving when I am the driver,
When my wife drives it with the same conditions it averages just barely 16 mpg, she's a on and off the pedal pusher.
Drivers makes the biggest gain or loss in mpg, and this is with both drivers averaging the same speeds , driving conditions, and distances.
My Mustang has just over 13,000 miles on it, I am the only driver, the combined average since new 1 year ago is just over 23 mpg.

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Oh yeah baby....

This post made me laugh. OP as others have said its not your actual tanks capacity, its your miles you can drive based on YOUR driving habits, so essentially, if your upset you arnt getting over 200, stop flooring it from every stoplight. Or just reset the MPG reading right before every fill up and bam 450 miles to E, for at least 5 min.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
This post made me laugh. OP as others have said its not your actual tanks capacity, its your miles you can drive based on YOUR driving habits, so essentially, if your upset you arnt getting over 200, stop flooring it from every stoplight. Or just reset the MPG reading right before every fill up and bam 450 miles to E, for at least 5 min.
Hold the press, 450?! My car has never started with a 4 after fill-up!

You missed headline, he found it under his back seat. :)
How did I miss this?!?! Thanks for filling me in, lol.

For what it’s worth, the fuel stats the car produces aren’t that accurate from my observation. The mileage until empty is fairly accurate but it adjust as you drive. The avg MPG I find to be inaccurate by about 2mpg. I typically get two mpg less manually calculating vs relying on the computer.

It’s a good tool to judge MPG vs speed if you reset it while driving and compare to different MPH, but If you have a PP car you can also use the vacuum gauge to find the cruising “sweet spot”.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
lol I can't say I've ever seen a 3 as the starting number.

Hold the press, 450?! My car has never started with a 4 after fill-up!

How did I miss this?!?! Thanks for filling me in, lol.

For what it’s worth, the fuel stats the car produces aren’t that accurate from my observation. The mileage until empty is fairly accurate but it adjust as you drive. The avg MPG I find to be inaccurate by about 2mpg. I typically get two mpg less manually calculating vs relying on the computer.

It’s a good tool to judge MPG vs speed if you reset it while driving and compare to different MPH, but If you have a PP car you can also use the vacuum gauge to find the cruising “sweet spot”.

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
Check your tire pressure! :crackup:

I picked up my '19 GT A10 right when this shit-storm started (40 miles on the Odo). So when I commute to downtown ATL, it's straight through at 80'ish mph (26 mile commute). I'm averaging 19 mpg's so far (300+ DTE). But when things get back to normal, I'll probably be in the 12-15 mpg range.

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
So I have 4000 some odd miles, 0.8 on all the skid pad meters, and get 20.8 mpg.

Drive much?
Sponsored