Sponsored

My 2019 Mustang Gt only fills up too 198 miles too empty, Sometimes 205 *UPDATED - Thanks for reply*

5.2ddk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
5.2ddk
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Hello everyone,
I dont know what it is or why but when I put gas in my car it only fills up too 198 miles to empty or 205. The most I ever seen my car take was 262 miles to empty! I have heard that Mustang can get up too 300 or so. My buddy even pumped 299 miles too empty. Now, when I pump gas, I can barely get pass 200 and this is really irritating because I am spending more money on gas than I have too. I pump 93 octane. Any idea on why this is happening?
Sponsored

Ed M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT convertible
Now, when I pump gas, I can barely get pass 200 and this is really irritating because I am spending more money on gas than I have too. I pump 93 octane. Any idea on why this is happening?
That is only giving you an estimated range based on your MPG history. How hard do you drive your car? What actual MPG are you getting? How many gallons are you putting in the car?

The only time I get an estimated range of 300+ miles is for highway driving only. For city driving, the best I usually see is 260 mile range estimate.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Like Ed said, it’s a estimate based on your driving and previous MPG, if you do a lot of city driving then you’ll get 200, if you do a lot of highway it will jump up. Best I’ve ever seen on min was 360 something during a all highway road trip. I usually have 150 a tank on e85. You want to “hyper mileage” your mustang you’ll need to take off slower and coast more lol.

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
Like everyone here says, it has everything to do with your driving. I had a job that was stop-and-go for 12 miles, and regularly got right around 200 for a year. Then I changed jobs and (until March) was driving 20 miles, almost all of which was on the highway. First time using 6th gear! Anyway, my mileage went way up, maybe 260 or so. If you're looking for great mileage, a 5.0 and a lead foot aren't the tools to do it with.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Congrats! Sounds like you are driving your Mustang the way it should be driven. 200 miles to empty converts to about 12.5 mpg assuming the calculation is made on 16 gallons. You must be really romping on it!

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
If you’re concerned about mileage, why not just do a manual calculation? At that point you can determine is there is an issue with you car or you’re just driving like a maniac. :like::clap::rockon:

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
You would be a candidate for the new Electric Mustang SUV

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem. 10r80, PP1, 401A, Active Exhaust
when i first got my car, it was of course full of gas and i had to stop and fill it up 1 more time to make it all the way home.. when i filled it up, the car was only registering something like 200 miles range on a full tank.. (about 12.5mpg)

i think i drove 2-3 tanks before resetting the mpg average and trip1 and trip2 gauges.

i think the last time it was 296 miles range when i filled up, which is about 18.5mpg

we know what they were doing during test drives before i bought the car.. im kidding :fingerscrossed: .. im sure they did their share of romping on the gas pedal during test drives and such, but i wonder how much of that was idling just sitting in the parking lot, during prep, or inspection off the truck, etc..

Sponsored

drive_55_not

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Coyote, S197 3v, 2018 Gen3 [RIP], 2020 Challenger 'Cat
At that point you can determine is there is an issue with you car or you’re just driving like a maniac. :like::clap::rockon:
Funny story .. If it's a M6 hopefully he's not driving around in 4th .. I bought a 2014 M6 Gen1 for my wife and she drove it a couple weeks before she started using 5th and 6th .. And Yes she complained about the gas mileage.

Most likely it's just a heavy right foot ... Just because the car has 460hp @6800rpm doesn't mean you have to unleash them on every shift..

TRPCANA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
This post made me laugh. OP as others have said its not your actual tanks capacity, its your miles you can drive based on YOUR driving habits, so essentially, if your upset you arnt getting over 200, stop flooring it from every stoplight. Or just reset the MPG reading right before every fill up and bam 450 miles to E, for at least 5 min.

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
With the much-reduced traffic and the ability to hold a higher, steady speed to/from work, my mileage is up almost 10%. That's temporary, of course, but I'll take it. As for DTE, or any BS the computer tells you, forget it. Do the calculations. The computer is wrong.

dB Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT Vert 6M PP MagRide AE FPTune Vel./Mid.Blue
I typically drive around San Francisco, with its horrendous traffic. (Well, it used to be bad, never thought I would miss it!)

My range is typically around 185 miles. 11.2 mpg. Prius owners judge me. :like:
Sponsored