Sponsored

my 18 base 350 was delivered today

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2018 GT350
Bought it from a dealer in Kansas city and it was drop shipped locally. I am paying a 300 courtesy delivery fee and the receiving dealership is getting 250 to inspect the car. I went by there at noon and the car was getting a visual inspection by 2 employees. They asked if it was my car and I told them it was. I asked if it was locked and they said yes. I then asked if they could get a key so I could look inside it and start it. They told me they couldn't move heaven and earth for a courtesy delivery and I couldn't have the car till Monday then walked away. Not sure if I am over reacting but I am freaking pissed. What do you guys think? Am I making too much of this?
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Congrats!!

Yes, I'd be pissed too, but its a little late for that. I would have however demanded to document the miles to make sure there were no joy rides.

OP
OP

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2018 GT350
yeah, i am over it. ready to have it in the garage. started to do just that but they were so unhelpful and i was so pissed i figured the best thing to do was leave

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
Bought it from a dealer in Kansas city and it was drop shipped locally. I am paying a 300 courtesy delivery fee and the receiving dealership is getting 250 to inspect the car. I went by there at noon and the car was getting a visual inspection by 2 employees. They asked if it was my car and I told them it was. I asked if it was locked and they said yes. I then asked if they could get a key so I could look inside it and start it. They told me they couldn't move heaven and earth for a courtesy delivery and I couldn't have the car till Monday then walked away. Not sure if I am over reacting but I am freaking pissed. What do you guys think? Am I making too much of this?
Congrats! It's worth the wait. I'll have mine down there dec 30 for the winter.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
With all due respect the dealership that you are working with sounds like a bunch of idiots. I'd be fired up as well!!:mad::mad:

If you are paying a courtesy delivery fee that is one thing but for the dealership to charge you a PDI fee on top of that and then not give you access to at least inspect the interior, start your car up and document the odometer reading is just plain ridiculous.

Not sure who the 2 employees were that you dealt with but personally I would have been in the GSM or GM's office within seconds explaining your concerns.

There was no reason for you to be treated this way by your dealership regardless if they sold the car or not.

Sponsored

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
What dealer in Florida? You can PM me. lol. I'd be so pissed if I were you also.

OP
OP

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2018 GT350
How did they know you were the owner? Maybe they were protecting the car from some random dude?

-T
I called and spoke to them on the phone letting them know the car was there and told them i was on my way. they could have spent 10 minutes checking to see if I was the owner and then letting me look at the car I have been waiting on for months.

OP
OP

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2018 GT350
With all due respect the dealership that you are working with sounds like a bunch of idiots. I'd be fired up as well!!:mad::mad:

If you are paying a courtesy delivery fee that is one thing but for the dealership to charge you a PDI fee on top of that and then not give you access to at least inspect the interior, start your car up and document the odometer reading is just plain ridiculous.

Not sure who the 2 employees were that you dealt with but personally I would have been in the GSM or GM's office within seconds explaining your concerns.

There was no reason for you to be treated this way by your dealership regardless if they sold the car or not.
I will, just want to wait till the inspection is done and the car is released to me first. That way if the GM and owner are jackasses I already have my car.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I will, just want to wait till the inspection is done and the car is released to me first. That way if the GM and owner are jackasses I already have my car.
I am sure that you will be diligent during your inspection including mileage and general overall condition of your car.

One of the areas that always concerns me is the front leading edge of the hood on the drivers side whereby paint damage can occur when a dealership washes/cleans your car and then lifts up the wiper blade on the drivers side not knowing that the wiper blade does not lift up all the way as it does with other Mustangs and of course on the passengers side thus sometimes causing some minor paint damage.

You should be getting a full tank of gas with your car so hopefully their gas jockey did not decide to take the long way there and back.

Good luck and looking forward to some pictures of your new baby!

:cheers:

Sponsored
OP
OP

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2018 GT350
thanks. they have instructions to not wash it or fill it with gas. just to do the inspection and park it. i am removing all the plastic and such cause i 1.do not trust them and 2. want to do it myself to really enjoy the process. been wanting a halo stang since i almost bought the last 98 cobra the local dealer had when i was 19

OP
OP

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2018 GT350
just got back from the dealer trying to pick the car up. spoke with the tech doing the inspection and he said he will have it done in 2 hours. was told i cannot have it until tomorrow. apparently they dont have anyone working today that can do the delivery. i already paid for the car and have my temp tag, i dont understand what the holdup is. asked when i could expect it to be ready tomorrow and they said they have no idea. im losing my mind here

OP
OP

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2018 GT350
i know a guy that works there and he said he got bitched at for trying to help me out. nobody cares cause i didnt buy it from them. i guess they think people buy one car a lifetime. i dont wanna rock the boat anymore till i get the car either

xDUMPWEEDx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP (Base/Oxford White)
You let 2 random guys tell you that you weren't allowed in your own car. Think about that.
Sponsored