Sponsored

Mustang World Color Choices & Europe/China Ads

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I've noticed asking price where I live, for black and white GTs it is often cheaper. Does Ford equip dealer stock with more base models in certain colors? Seems like almost every DIB car I look at is more expensive. I could see how this would make black a big seller. Everyone wants to save a buck.
Sponsored

Jamo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Cobra Coupe
I didn't read whether these are only cars that are configured or if it is sales overall. I suspect that the reasons Black and Red sell so well is that the dealers stock those colors disproportionally so it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Take a drive through the dealerships (regardless of brand) in my area and all you see is a sea of black, grey and silver. If they have a blue or red it is almost always a dark shade. These are safe colors that don't generate a lot of emotion positive or negative so they are easy to sell.

When I purchased my Focus ST in 12 I got Race Red, when it came in the entire sales department hovered around it, no one had seen that color before. The same thing happened with my Competition Orange Mustang.

Aussie Mate

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt K1121 - (2019 Model) - Built 28 Aug 2018
An interesting fact - in Australia they charge an extra $500 for paint.. not just metallic paint but any colour ( including black or white). go figure..wonder it we can get one with no paint??

Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Very interisting, but I'm not surprised.

1) Every country where this car was never sold, would choose the 'classic' colour that we always have imagined a Mustang: Red
2) European data are only from the online configurator and the default color showed is Black, so if you tried various configurations, it counts multiple times
3) Black, White, Orange and Red have no surcharge; all other metallic colors is 800 eur surcharge, and Yellow is 1,400 eur surcharge (prices for Italy, but similar across Europe)
4) speaking of Italy, Black is the most popular color for cars among young people, followed by silver but it is considered a color for the 'elders' and not suitable for a Mustang! :D

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
An interesting fact - in Australia they charge an extra $500 for paint.. not just metallic paint but any colour ( including black or white). go figure..wonder it we can get one with no paint??
I'll go for the ALU look....

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
5% GUARD - that is so cool! Now I do understand everyone at my dealership why they got so nuts about my car there. Most of their cars are black, did see TY and CO plus Magnetic at surrounding dealerships. When my baby gets fixed in April and looks new again I am sure to get more compliments for it on the road. :D

Rob00GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Ragtop
I guess Texas is the #1 consumer of of both F150s and Mustangs. Nice to see Houston and Dallas top the list of cities, but now I'm seeing them everywhere.

Also happy to have the "rare" Guard GT vert.

Sponsored

northstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT MT Carbon Gray 401A / Past: 15 V6 MT Guard
Anybody find updated stats? Particularly for total 2015 model year production run or S550 production to date?

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Of course black is the # one seller, sorry but if your color is rare it's because it doesn't sell "aka" look good. Sorry if this offends anyone that is not my intent. Personally I like all the colors that the s550 has been offered in. Just imagine how rare a pink mustang would be.:headbonk::headbonk::headbonk:

vinnie_febs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In The Works
Of course black is the # one seller, sorry but if your color is rare it's because it doesn't sell "aka" look good. Sorry if this offends anyone that is not my intent. Personally I like all the colors that the s550 has been offered in. Just imagine how rare a pink mustang would be.:headbonk::headbonk::headbonk:
Not entirely true, a lot of people also just like to play it safe and stick with the standard colors.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Not entirely true, a lot of people also just like to play it safe and stick with the standard colors.
Plus dealers order what they think are safe colors not giving folks the option of choosing something different.
Sponsored