Mustang vs ZLE

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Dude, we get it. You're a fanboi of the Zl1 el1 ssle1 lol. Just curious do you currently own or have previously owned a GT350 or ZL1 EL1 or do you just watch youtube and take what other people say as verbatim? The reason I ask is because it's pretty tough to get a feel for a car by watching internet videos and reading publishers numbers about a car. I know personally, I was always an import guy until I drove the GT350. It was easily the most emotionally stimulating car I've ever driven. That was why I bought it and then whipple'd it. Not because motortrend or savagegoose said told me it did a certain lap time or 0 to 60 time. And now with a whipple I regularly curb stomp any camaro I've ever come across including your zle 1zl and feel that much better because my car isn't the ugliest cheap plastic looking modern muscle car with terrible proportions lol.
im a "fanboi" of any good performance vehicle. Even more so of ones that offer more performance at the same/less price point. you mad? I started off with a honda s2000 and nissan 350z so i have been in the import scene before as well. I wont even mention how the post you quoted clearly shows me giving kudos to the gt350 as well..but i digress. You are clearly one of those that just read one post from someone, determine that they dont agree with you, and call them a "fanboi" as if its an insult. Except you didnt seem to fully comprehend what you read.

Ive explained multiple times that i have test driven a few gt350. One of my buddies used to have one as well so i have spent some time in a gt350, why is it so hard for some people to understand that not everyone just falls in love with it? I love the gt350, and the mustang..but i dont love what the gt350 is for the price tag vs the mustang and camaro. Ive said that many times. I thought it was fairly common knowledge the gt350 wasnt best performance for the buck? I dont care for the interior that much vs my premium gt i had either.

When i got my 2ss 1le i checked out a zl1 1le the local dealership had for shits and gigs. 2021, but 10 speed auto and completely defeated the purpose of me selling my car. hell, i didnt even plan on getting the camaro and was going to keep my mustang UNTIL I DROVE THE CAMARO. you seem to have missed a lot of crucial information.

You're bragging because your aftermarket non warrantied gt350 beats a stock zl1 1le? ok..my supercharged 10r80 would beat it in a straight line as well. That wasnt the purpose of me selling my car. Id be interested to see your whippled gt350 against that stock zle at the track too. Much less if it were modded. This all brings me back to the original point too, how much have you spent on the gt350 vs what the zl1 or zl1 1le can be had for? I know if i got a gt350 i wasnt going to throw a blower on it like i did my gt because i didnt want to POTENTIALLY pay for an unwarrantied voodoo motor. You accepted that risk and thats your prerogative which is fine.

looks are all opinion based, you seem butthurt. I much prefer my camaro interior over anything in the mustang lineup, thats my personal opinion and something i noticed immediately when i got in the camaro. also, none of them are "muscle cars"..so try again.

the 2ss 1le, zl1, zl1 le all having a track warranty is nice as well. Does your gt350 have that? oh wait..

I've driven all 3 and the gt350 is a very very very distant 3rd 🤷‍♂️
@Ricky_Bobby . this is very common. Have YOU driven them all? or just have confirmation bias? clearly you haven't as you cant even get the names right. so who are you again? ive said it before and ill say it again, i love my car..you love yours. that SHOULD be all that matters, but some people just get their silly little ego hurt when someone doesnt like or choose their car and its really quite funny.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ricky_Bobby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
im a "fanboi" of any good performance vehicle. Even more so of ones that offer more performance at the same/less price point. you mad? I started off with a honda s2000 and nissan 350z so i have been in the import scene before as well. I wont even mention how the post you quoted clearly shows me giving kudos to the gt350 as well..but i digress. You are clearly one of those that just read one post from someone, determine that they dont agree with you, and call them a "fanboi" as if its an insult. Except you didnt seem to fully comprehend what you read.

Ive explained multiple times that i have test driven a few gt350. One of my buddies used to have one as well so i have spent some time in a gt350, why is it so hard for some people to understand that not everyone just falls in love with it? I love the gt350, and the mustang..but i dont love what the gt350 is for the price tag vs the mustang and camaro. Ive said that many times. I thought it was fairly common knowledge the gt350 wasnt best performance for the buck? I dont care for the interior that much vs my premium gt i had either.

When i got my 2ss 1le i checked out a zl1 1le the local dealership had for shits and gigs. 2021, but 10 speed auto and completely defeated the purpose of me selling my car. hell, i didnt even plan on getting the camaro and was going to keep my mustang UNTIL I DROVE THE CAMARO. you seem to have missed a lot of crucial information.

You're bragging because your aftermarket non warrantied gt350 beats a stock zl1 1le? ok..my supercharged 10r80 would beat it in a straight line as well. That wasnt the purpose of me selling my car. Id be interested to see your whippled gt350 against that stock zle at the track too. Much less if it were modded. This all brings me back to the original point too, how much have you spent on the gt350 vs what the zl1 or zl1 1le can be had for? I know if i got a gt350 i wasnt going to throw a blower on it like i did my gt because i didnt want to POTENTIALLY pay for an unwarrantied voodoo motor. You accepted that risk and thats your prerogative which is fine.

looks are all opinion based, you seem butthurt. I much prefer my camaro interior over anything in the mustang lineup, thats my personal opinion and something i noticed immediately when i got in the camaro. also, none of them are "muscle cars"..so try again.

the 2ss 1le, zl1, zl1 le all having a track warranty is nice as well. Does your gt350 have that? oh wait..

@Ricky_Bobby . this is very common. Have YOU driven them all? or just have confirmation bias? clearly you haven't as you cant even get the names right. so who are you again? ive said it before and ill say it again, i love my car..you love yours. that SHOULD be all that matters, but some people just get their silly little ego hurt when someone doesnt like or choose their car and its really quite funny.
Sorry I'm not reading your essay. The camaro is ugly and has terrible proportions lol.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Sorry I'm not reading your essay. The camaro is ugly and has terrible proportions lol.
Your biggest and only relatively close arguments are based on opinion. Sorry you are too lazy to read, probably has a lot to do with your terrible points and lack of knowledge of what ive already stated. You act like your post is short.

With 7 posts and half of them accusing people of whining and not putting any real effort into the discussion, cant say im surprised.

Good luck with that ego. You're just disrespectful in general.

rbenedetti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RAV
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Navigator, Ford Explorer
This is a fascinating thread, primarily because it tries to objectify subjective things ;-) I mean, if we were all looking for speed, we would just buy a Tesla and be done with it. But we are not. We are looking for the experience. I personally do not really care if the Mach 1 is slower than the Zl1, mostly because I just enjoy the experience of driving the Mach 1 more. (I have driven both) I readily admit that the price vs value of the Mach 1 is unfavorable relative to the Zl1 (or even SS + 1LE). If it weren't for the damned TREMEC 6sp transmission, I would probably just get a GT + PP and save myself $15k. I have owned 7 different Mustangs over time (see below) and 1 Camaro 2SS, so I guess you could say that my point of view is skewed, but I will say that I *loved* that Camaro ;-)

1987 LX 5.0
1994 GT
1998 GT Cobra
2007 GT
2010 GT 4.6
2010 GT 5.0 [those bastards!]
2015 GT
2021 Mach 1 [on order, so not counted]

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
This is a fascinating thread, primarily because it tries to objectify subjective things ;-) I mean, if we were all looking for speed, we would just buy a Tesla and be done with it. But we are not. We are looking for the experience. I personally do not really care if the Mach 1 is slower than the Zl1, mostly because I just enjoy the experience of driving the Mach 1 more. (I have driven both) I readily admit that the price vs value of the Mach 1 is unfavorable relative to the Zl1 (or even SS + 1LE). If it weren't for the damned TREMEC 6sp transmission, I would probably just get a GT + PP and save myself $15k. I have owned 7 different Mustangs over time (see below) and 1 Camaro 2SS, so I guess you could say that my point of view is skewed, but I will say that I *loved* that Camaro ;-)

1987 LX 5.0
1994 GT
1998 GT Cobra
2007 GT
2010 GT 4.6
2010 GT 5.0 [those bastards!]
2015 GT
2021 Mach 1 [on order, so not counted]
I agree that the M1 (in a normal economy) would be a bad value proposition, but in 2021 pricing it's pretty stellar. Sure it's $11k over a base GT + PP (~$44k v $55k), but even the base M1 gives you magenride, sync3, the electronic dash, plus all of other Mach exclusive stuff like coolers etc. The price gap is much closer if you start adding those other options in to the GT/premium, to the point that I don't know why anyone would buy a fully loaded GT premium unless they just absolutely hate the Mach badging.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Flyhalf

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
I agree that the M1 (in a normal economy) would be a bad value proposition, but in 2021 pricing it's pretty stellar. Sure it's $11k over a base GT + PP (~$44k v $55k), but even the base M1 gives you magenride, sync3, the electronic dash, plus all of other Mach exclusive stuff like coolers etc. The price gap is much closer if you start adding those other options in to the GT/premium, to the point that I don't know why anyone would buy a fully loaded GT premium unless they just absolutely hate the Mach badging.
I politely disagree on the mach 1.
Is of course a beautiful car.
But
The final price of a medium model is very close (if not superior)than 350.
350 was a better car tho.

S550 platform didn't chamge a lot.
So you are paying $$ more for some compromise with the 350 with a price of a 350. Not even considering the mark up
If that car was just above pp1 for price it would have been a great solution.
But again. I see it more from a tracking point of view. And I'm aware 99% of the people buying it for the street.
I'm just notnsure I'm ready to spend 60k for a GT dressed like a 350

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
But

So you are paying $$ more for some compromise with the 350 with a price of a 350. Not even considering the mark up
But again. I see it more from a tracking point of view. And I'm aware 99% of the people buying it for the street.
I think comparing it to the 350 on price is kinda pointless since 1) you can’t buy the 350 anymore and 2) you can’t buy a used 350 for anywhere near M1 prices. Seriously right now a 2019 350 with low mileage is a $65k+ car and the M1 is like $52k, with HP $55k.

As to the “GT dressed like a 350”, that’s just beating a dead horse. All mustangs are based on the same chassis and share common parts. As far as I’m concerned (and many reviewers are) the M1 is a 350 with the coyote. If that makes it a dressed up GT, then that’s the same for the Shelby.

rbenedetti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RAV
Vehicle(s)
But

Agree. Ford filled a GT350 gap with a less than GT350 car for a GT350 (ish) price. It is just another betrayal by Ford. Leaving that aside and dealing with the present, I feel like the choices for someone who wants a manual transmission are: spend $5k more to get a ZL1, spend $10k less and get a GT + PP or SS 1LE. I feel like of one likes the driving dynamics of the Mustang better, then these days the Mach 1 is the way to go, however bittersweet.

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
Agree. Ford filled a GT350 gap with a less than GT350 car for a GT350 (ish) price. It is just another betrayal by Ford. Leaving that aside and dealing with the present, I feel like the choices for someone who wants a manual transmission are: spend $5k more to get a ZL1, spend $10k less and get a GT + PP or SS 1LE. I feel like of one likes the driving dynamics of the Mustang better, then these days the Mach 1 is the way to go, however bittersweet.
Eh. If you wanna be mad at Ford, be mad that the GT PP has had a 100% increase in cost over the life of the option over the past (4?) years- I think it started at like $3k ish and is now $6+

OP
OP
Flyhalf

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
I think comparing it to the 350 on price is kinda pointless since 1) you can’t buy the 350 anymore and 2) you can’t buy a used 350 for anywhere near M1 prices. Seriously right now a 2019 350 with low mileage is a $65k+ car and the M1 is like $52k, with HP $55k.

As to the “GT dressed like a 350”, that’s just beating a dead horse. All mustangs are based on the same chassis and share common parts. As far as I’m concerned (and many reviewers are) the M1 is a 350 with the coyote. If that makes it a dressed up GT, then that’s the same for the Shelby.
I think the comparison can be done because this replaced the 350.
And with the failure of pp2 it is another intermediate step.
The mark up a nd the cost was there even because the pandemic (we all remember the disappointing when they communicate the price at least i do) and it wasn't related to covid yet.
So i don't know. One thing I'm attract to is the front fascia. This will allow me to move the coolers on the side pockets lol ( no i dont like the gt500 front fascia for GT. Looks off)

I also like the "upgraded torque converter they have in the 10r80..would love to know more about it.

Sponsored

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
I think the comparison can be done because this replaced the 350.
And with the failure of pp2 it is another intermediate step.
The mark up a nd the cost was there even because the pandemic (we all remember the disappointing when they communicate the price at least i do) and it wasn't related to covid yet.
So i don't know. One thing I'm attract to is the front fascia. This will allow me to move the coolers on the side pockets lol ( no i dont like the gt500 front fascia for GT. Looks off)

I also like the "upgraded torque converter they have in the 10r80..would love to know more about it.
So, if either of you are considering the Mach and want to feel better about it, consider watching the linked video. This guy is a pretty well know youtuber who focuses on Mustangs and has owned and spent extensive seat time in the 500/350 Shelby and Mach:

also earlier he did a GT350 v Mach driving comparison

rbenedetti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RAV
Vehicle(s)
So, if either of you are considering the Mach and want to feel better about it, consider watching the linked video. This guy is a pretty well know youtuber who focuses on Mustangs and has owned and spent extensive seat time in the 500/350 Shelby and Mach:

also earlier he did a GT350 v Mach driving comparison

Nice! Thanks for that. I am already locked into the Mach 1, assuming that Ford can actually fulfill my order, but, to your point, I feel a lot better about the decision now ;-)
Sponsored