Sponsored

Mustang vs 2020 Supra

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Who said stock 6m 3rd gens are trapping 120? LS2's trap around 111-113 on average, 18+ 6m Mustangs trap around 115-116. All I said was Mustangs trap 4mph higher (despite shitty gearing and being 600lbs heavier).

Sorry for taking this thread off topic.
My point stands, ls2 vettes and 18 gts are close in performance. There isn't a huge difference like you inferred. Ls2s can trap mid teens, and 1i+ GTs are not averaging that, as that is on the high end for the 6m cars.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
My point stands, ls2 vettes and 18 gts are close in performance. There isn't a huge difference like you inferred. Ls2s can trap mid teens, and 1i+ GTs are not averaging that, as that is on the high end for the 6m cars.

And some people just have to have the last word :computerrage:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
And some people just have to have the last word :computerrage:
Well played. I can't point out you are the same without making it not so.

Sponsored

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
To me , 2020 Supra exemplifies how Toyota remains profitable in the sales lead overall worldwide; and we're talking about a world nowadays where it is basically NOT profitable to sell a 2 seater RWD sports car.

Others may lament the collaboration but only one laughing all the way to the bank is Toyota; for a relatively measly lay out R&D cost wise and swallowing of the pride they now have a state of the art sports car their dealers can now shut up about and sell without lifting much of a finger - except to add the 3rd or 4th hood latch or whatever they needed to just move the dial that much to 'Toyotaland'. They're considered the best car company today for a reason.

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm interested in seeing if the Supra is even as fast as a Mustang GT PP1 on track. I'm going to bet it won't be much faster if it is at all.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
They're considered the best car company today for a reason.
I would never consider a car company the best if they don't make a V8, manual transmission, rear wheel drive car.

The best at making appliances maybe, but not the best at making vehicles for enthusiasts.

I don't think they are the best at pickups, either.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
What if they brought back the Supra, but for real this time? Nope, still the Camry guys to me.
If they put a manual in the Supra and lowered the price to mid 30s it would compete with Mustang in my opinion. And it would make sense to me as a good car for a Toyota. Right now it's a little over priced for what it is. $50k starting - if I wanted a DCT I would go to a C8 'vette. Since I don't want a DCT and prefer a manual transmission it misses the mark for what I want as far as the transmission goes.

Also, straight 6 engines just don't do it for me. I have driven a few BMWs with straight 6s that made good power. Just not that fun driving a car that doesn't have a good engine sound.

With the price being so high and having an economy car badge on it - IMO that's another reason to stay away. I might buy a BMW for $50k or more if it had the right features and was fast enough, but $50k for a Toyota seems dumb.

Sponsored

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
A coworker of mine bought a 2020 M340i. His car and supra suppose to have the same engine and transmission, however, on paper supra is down in hp but in reality it has has more hp. His question is did BMW accidentally put the M340 tune flash on the supra? He is also wondering if he can flash the same parameters as the supra engine to his BMW? I feel his pain. The new BMW M340 is gorgeous.

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
I was just researching the new Supra. Seems they are way underrated. Car and driver dynoed it at 339hp and 427tq at the wheels. They have already done 3.8 to 60 stock. Too bad you can't touch one for under 50k. I wonder if prices will come down at some point? I mean I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a challenger wide body with an MSRP near 54k, but its on sale right now for around 45.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I was just researching the new Supra. Seems they are way underrated. Car and driver dynoed it at 339hp and 427tq at the wheels. They have already done 3.8 to 60 stock. Too bad you can't touch one for under 50k. I wonder if prices will come down at some point? I mean I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a challenger wide body with an MSRP near 54k, but its on sale right now for around 45.
tune and downpipe and one just hit 10.79. My old boss picked one up for his company. It’s much faster then we both thought it would be. His is tuned by delicious tuning, KW coil overs and some bracing. From a roll I think I’d get him but not from a dig with the tires I have on. I haven’t got to talk to him today about it but last night word is he got a stock A10 in at least a 1/8th they didn’t have anymore room. We are going to try and go this weekend and do some fun runs

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Here in Puerto Rico, they did the first pass this weekend with one. The car went 12.65@110mph

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
tune and downpipe and one just hit 10.79. My old boss picked one up for his company. It’s much faster then we both thought it would be. His is tuned by delicious tuning, KW coil overs and some bracing. From a roll I think I’d get him but not from a dig with the tires I have on. I haven’t got to talk to him today about it but last night word is he got a stock A10 in at least a 1/8th they didn’t have anymore room. We are going to try and go this weekend and do some fun runs
tune/downpipe/no passenger seat/tires
Sponsored