Sponsored

Mustang vs 2020 Supra

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I’m going to predict the Supra will sell like gangbusters and have a high resale value. Higher than our cars.

That car has the Toyota myth and Supra myth going for it. It will be a status car for several cultures.

Just like the Tacoma, tundra, and other t cars. It’s not rational or based on facts.
For people who actually care about sales figures and resale value, Toyotas are great. That's why they make the Camry. It's the car for people who don't care about cars.
This maybe true for those who don't know cars but it's still a BMW in Toyota clothing and if it has the "Trade it before the warranty runs out " reliability of a BMW then it'll be a black eye for the Supra legend.
Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
People said the 18+ GT is underrated too :giggle:

Probably a good way to get some positive press for the car I guess. Though it doesn’t make sense that it makes less power than the Z4 if I read it correctly. Sounds like BMW/Toyota left a lot on the table for the aftermarket. I remember reading that they did a lot of things to the car to that it can be easily modified. It’s feels like it’s marketed to people who are going to heavily mod the car and post pics to 2k followers on IG but $50k+ just to get the car is steep.

The movie and 2JZs making a ton of power is what made the last gen so popular. People were expecting big HP numbers not a Z4 coupe.

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Aren't all modern cars rated by SAE standards? And do people not understand how a dynamometer works? It's a tuning tool, that's it.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Putting discussions about the badge aside the specs are:

- 3300lb
- 0-60: 4.0s
- 1/4 mile: low 12’s @113
- 51/49 F/R weight distribution
- on track tests show repeated lapping does not result in overheat or brake fade
- on track tests report nicely balanced handling
- turbo 6 which can be tuned easily for more power should you desire
Price: $50-$58k

Seems like a win for the enthusiast community to me!

Stock for stock the pony cars can provide equivalent or better performance for a cheaper price but should someone be looking for a nimble and relatively lightweight sports car that can be tracked without modifications this car should be on the shopping list.

For a daily I’d much rather have the Mustang because of the practicality. For predominantly track work I’d take the Supra over a standard GT.

Sponsored

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
Aren't all modern cars rated by SAE standards?
Not necessarily. I believe manufactures are required to use SAE standards for the procedure in which the horsepower is measured, but they don't need to apply SAE correction factors to the ratings themselves.

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
The 18+ GT and the new Supra are both underrated. Maybe you're just salty the Supra puts out more whp than an LS2 Vette?
The 18gt performs like a 460hp 3800 pound car. I dont think either one of them are over rated, and their acceleration numbers show it. The 18gt is about on par with an ls2 vette in acceleration, manual to manual.

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
The 18gt performs like a 460hp 3800 pound car. I dont think either one of them are over rated, and their acceleration numbers show it. The 18gt is about on par with an ls2 vette in acceleration, manual to manual.
Hey, whatever helps you sleep better at night.

And no, an LS2 is not on par with a Gen 3 Coyote lol. Even tho the 18+ GT manual gearing sucks, it will still trap ~4mph faster than an LS2 Vette, which is 600lbs lighter...

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Hey, whatever helps you sleep better at night.

And no, an LS2 is not on par with a Gen 3 Coyote lol. Even tho the 18+ GT manual gearing sucks, it will still trap ~4mph faster than an LS2 Vette, which is 600lbs lighter...
No. There are no stock 6m 3rd gens trapping 120, or even stock 10s trapping that.
Here is a bone stock verified fast list of LS2 Vettes. In fact, the fastest cars on our fast list, with the A10, only trap 2mph faster. I sleep at night just fine because I'm not delusional.
Screenshot_20190609-185618_Chrome.jpg

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No. There are no stock 6m 3rd gens trapping 120, or even stock 10s trapping that.
Here is a bone stock verified fast list of LS2 Vettes. In fact, the fastest cars on our fast list, with the A10, only trap 2mph faster. I sleep at night just fine because I'm not delusional.
My question is who gives a rats ass

Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
The 18+ GT and the new Supra are both underrated. Maybe you're just salty the Supra puts out more whp than an LS2 Vette?
Why would I ever be salty. If I was worried about a dyno graph I wouldn’t have bought this car. My GT made a lot more power than my vette. I’m not sure what you are talking about?

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Why would I ever be salty. If I was worried about a dyno graph I wouldn’t have bought this car. My GT made a lot more power than my vette. I’m not sure what you are talking about?
There are those people who can't understand that some of us buy a car because we like that car not because it makes more HP that everything else or makes our penis look bigger.

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
Who said stock 6m 3rd gens are trapping 120? LS2's trap around 111-113 on average, 18+ 6m Mustangs trap around 115-116. All I said was Mustangs trap 4mph higher (despite shitty gearing and being 600lbs heavier).

Sorry for taking this thread off topic.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
There are those people who can't understand that some of us buy a car because we like that car not because it makes more HP that everything else or makes our penis look bigger.
Hmmm. I wonder if there is a market for special bifocals that would accomplish the same thing for a lot cheaper?

Never mind, just realized they probably want OTHERS to think its bigger. Asking THEM to put on the bifocals would be a dead giveaway.
Sponsored