Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tdmotion.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
That's good communication on old and new models. Everyone know new thing never remain new it is going to be replaced every time.
if anyone have old model they don't have to worried about it because they can update by 5.2 Aluminator xs Crate Engine that can boost up speed and engine life as well.
Interested members can visit 5.2 Coyote Aluminator.
Sponsored

Schooley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 NFG Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The 2018 Mustang 5.0 is "SAE rated" at 460, yet makes 497 on HotRod Mag's Engine dyno. So you can take that with a grain of salt.
I can take it with a grain of salt, as long as you understand that a dyno number is meant for tuning and not for measurement.

Any Cleetus in the world can print out a magnificent dyno sheet that will promise your tuned Bullitt is making GT500 power.. take that with a grain of salt

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I can take it with a grain of salt, as long as you understand that a dyno number is meant for tuning and not for measurement.

Any Cleetus in the world can print out a magnificent dyno sheet that will promise your tuned Bullitt is making GT500 power.. take that with a grain of salt
So what are SAE numbers measured on if not an engine dyno? Even if the dyno is off by a little bit that's a big difference for a dyno that is used for lots of part/engine testing and reviewing.

Sponsored

Schooley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 NFG Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
So what are SAE numbers measured on if not an engine dyno? Even if the dyno is off by a little bit that's a big difference for a dyno that is used for lots of part/engine testing and reviewing.
What dyno is used for lots of part/engine testing? Lots of different manufacturers in different locations out there bud. What about folks dynoing cars using STD correction? What tire pressure was Car A running vs. Car B? What about temperature, humidity, engine oil temp, etc. etc.

A dyno is a measurement device yes, but it's best used for tuning. Any slapdick running around bragging/comparing about peak dyno numbers is about as ignorant as it gets.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
What dyno is used for lots of part/engine testing? Lots of different manufacturers in different locations out there bud. What about folks dynoing cars using STD correction? What tire pressure was Car A running vs. Car B? What about temperature, humidity, engine oil temp, etc. etc.

A dyno is a measurement device yes, but it's best used for tuning. Any slapdick running around bragging/comparing about peak dyno numbers is about as ignorant as it gets.
You do know an engine dyno means the engine is OUT of the car right?

Schooley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 NFG Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The 2018 Mustang 5.0 is "SAE rated" at 460, yet makes 497 on HotRod Mag's Engine dyno. So you can take that with a grain of salt.
You do know an engine dyno means the engine is OUT of the car right?
Sorry, missed the first capital "Engine" in your first quote.. but not sure why you quoted my initial post (talking about chassis dyno results) with one about engine dyno results.

In any sense, what's your point? Do you honestly believe Ford dyno'd their car at 460? Or is it more likely they underrated their output to keep the GT from closing the gap on the GT350??

Sponsored

Subarashi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry, Infiniti Q60, Subaru BRZ
So apparently the Supra makes a lot more power than advertised :)

"Dyno Test Reveals The 2020 Toyota Supra Has a Lot More Power Than Expected"
https://jalopnik.com/dyno-test-reveals-the-2020-toyota-supra-has-a-lot-more-1834928175
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a27543113/2020-toyota-supra-dyno-horsepower/

"C&D’s dyno test, done at Livernois Motorsports and Engineering in Dearborn Heights, Michigan, appears to confirm this. Their Supra came in at 339 HP and 427 lb-ft of torque—at the wheels."

Last edited:

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
So apparently the Supra makes a lot more power than advertised :)

"Dyno Test Reveals The 2020 Toyota Supra Has a Lot More Power Than Expected"
https://jalopnik.com/dyno-test-reveals-the-2020-toyota-supra-has-a-lot-more-1834928175
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a27543113/2020-toyota-supra-dyno-horsepower/

"C&D’s dyno test, done at Livernois Motorsports and Engineering in Dearborn Heights, Michigan, appears to confirm this. Their Supra came in at 339 HP and 427 lb-ft of torque—at the wheels."
I doubt this surprises anyone. BMW is the king of making more power than advertised.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
So the new Supra is a dyno queen just like the mk4.
Well, to be fair, the whole dyno queen thing came from bad drivers + 6-speed manual + oversized/peaky single turbos (all top end). With some of the more modern turbo designs and an automatic, there were some killer times posted.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
So the new Supra is a dyno queen just like the mk4.
The dyno graph was not peaky at all. Looks like an awesome engine to me. Other than the crappy sounds a 6 cylinder makes - pretty good.

Now if Toyota would just drop a manual in there, this car could live up to the Supra name.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I firmly believe that if you need to explain a joke, it stops being funny, but I'll do it anyway!

I was poking fun at how the numbers didn't match results with mk4s.
I should have realized that. Typical of me. :crazy:
Sponsored