Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
1970-1974 Challenger - 165,437
2012-2018 Challenger - 378,942

Chally is about as successful as the OG. Chrysler has always had to have modest expectations for sales, and us die-hard Mopar folks are just used to not seeing any particular model on every corner. The new Chally comes as close as I've ever seen to an every corner Mopar. My S550 on the other hand...
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
But the previous generation Mustangs lasted on average 10 years or so... Gen 1 went from 64-73, Mustang II was 74-78 The Fox went from 79-93, then 94-04, and the S197 5th gen was 05-14... The S550 I will be around until 2020, which is the shortest of all the generations except for the Mustang II. Granted they are changing the designation from S550 to S650, so I suspect possibly not quite as drastic as the S197 to S550, but some changes are coming. I suspect that the new S650 may be more of a platform where they can make changes kind of like what GM and Chrysler has done with the Camaro and Challenger platforms which makes a variety of cars.
The 64.5 through 66 Mustangs have a different front end than the '67+ (Ford wanted to be able to put a big block in the '67+). '69 and '70 are a major departure from the '67 and '68. '71-'73 are a very different design than the '69 and '70.

The initial Mustangs went through major redesigns every 2 years and there were significant changes EVERY YEAR. Later models the frequency of design changes has been reduced, yes.

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
I will concede that indeed there were major changes every few years from 64-73, generally speaking they are all considered 1st generation cars... Otherwise instead of Mustangg6.com the name of this site would be mustangg9.com...

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I will concede that indeed there were major changes every few years from 64-73, generally speaking they are all considered 1st generation cars... Otherwise instead of Mustangg6.com the name of this site would be mustangg9.com...
I agree with you that this website considers them all gen 1 cars. I'm not disagreeing with you on that. I do feel that 79-04 could almost be grouped together as much as or even more so than 65-73 based on how major the changes were.

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
The truth is Ford even considered them all the same Generation. Thus why the 2nd generation Mustang was released it was called the Mustang II. But this is a silly argument to be had right now...

Sponsored

McGruder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue '19 GT w/ 10 spd
A quote from GM Authority:

"...the 2019 Camaro refresh aimed to address this, delivering a revised trim level structure with a broader price spectrum. In fact, the refreshed Camaro is as much as $2,000 less expensive than the 2018 model, specifically when it comes to mid-level LT models. But the market doesn’t seem to have reacted positively to the changes in pricing and trim level structure.

It’s also possible that various product-related issues could be holding back Camaro sales, including reduced cabin visibility, a dashboard design that some might not find particularly attractive, as well as little differentiation from the fifth-gen Camaro in terms of first-glance exterior styling. Chevrolet did address the little differentiation bit with revised front and rear fascias on the 2019 model."

Read more: http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/01...results-fourth-quarter-2018-q4/#ixzz5cEedzmYP

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase

"...the 2019 Camaro refresh aimed to address this, delivering a revised trim level structure with a broader price spectrum. In fact, the refreshed Camaro is as much as $2,000 less expensive than the 2018 model, specifically when it comes to mid-level LT models. But the market doesn’t seem to have reacted positively to the changes in pricing and trim level structure.

It’s also possible that various product-related issues could be holding back Camaro sales, including reduced cabin visibility, a dashboard design that some might not find particularly attractive, as well as little differentiation from the fifth-gen Camaro in terms of first-glance exterior styling. Chevrolet did address the little differentiation bit with revised front and rear fascias on the 2019 model."

Read more: http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/01...results-fourth-quarter-2018-q4/#ixzz5cEedzmYP
WoW rocket science gm authority states the obvious :facepalm:

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette

Sales are fine the number that matters is ATP.

edco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007GT & 2017V6_ great Steeda & AM mods
Can't find January 2019 sales thread in Forums.
So I am posting in the last 2018 sales discussion

January 2019 muscle car sales:

Mustang_5420
Challenger_3230
Camaro_NR

take aways:
1. muscle car sales are not growing industry wide
2. Mustang is off to a 40% lead over Challenger after one month.
3. Could Camaro sales be improved? We don't know for two months.

See pics from Chevy.com.
Does the front and back rework on C6G increase sales?
Chevy guys may go for it.
I think Camaro stays in 3rd place, but nobody knows because
GM sales are secret.

2019camaro.jpg

Last edited:

edco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007GT & 2017V6_ great Steeda & AM mods
On further review, following staring at these C6G pics,
Chevy plagiarized the S550 in the 2019 Camaro face lift.
The strong mid front bumper bar with grill above and below
is a Mustang thing. Now it is a camaro thing also.
Same with the protruding relief angles on the rear.
What a joke.
If not for Ford, Chevy would not know what to build.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
The sales thing is funny. I think it literally brings tears to a couple of the C6 most out spoken members eyes. :cwl:

SVTSNAKE355

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
hothands
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
On further review, following staring at these C6G pics,
Chevy plagiarized the S550 in the 2019 Camaro face lift.
The strong mid front bumper bar with grill above and below
is a Mustang thing. Now it is a camaro thing also.
Same with the protruding relief angles on the rear.
What a joke.
If not for Ford, Chevy would not know what to build.
I agree,Garbage Motors will continue to try to copy FORD :crackup:

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
Can't find January 2019 sales thread in Forums.
So I am posting in the last 2018 sales discussion

January 2019 muscle car sales:

Mustang_5420
Challenger_3230
Camaro_NR

take aways:
1. muscle car sales are not growing industry wide
2. Mustang is off to a 40% lead over Challenger after one month.
3. Could Camaro sales be improved? We don't know for two months.

See pics from Chevy.com.
Does the front and back rework on C6G increase sales?
Chevy guys may go for it.
I think Camaro stays in 3rd place, but nobody knows because
GM sales are secret.

2019camaro.jpg
Was hoping for better sales.....nice to see the Stang out on top.

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
The Camaro front end looks like it is trying to smile at me... It looks awful to me.. For the first time in my lifetime, Between the big 3, Gm makes the ugliest cars overall. For the longest time I thought GM had better appearing cars, Ford had oversized windows, Chrysler had strange proportions, But now... Someone needs to fire the entire design team at GM...

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
The Camaro front end looks like it is trying to smile at me... It looks awful to me.. For the first time in my lifetime, Between the big 3, Gm makes the ugliest cars overall. For the longest time I thought GM had better appearing cars, Ford had oversized windows, Chrysler had strange proportions, But now... Someone needs to fire the entire design team at GM...
Agreed.

The new full-size pickups and "Blazer" are total abominations, and the rest of the lineup isn't going to win any beauty contests. The only thing they build that I even have an inkling of desire for is the Corvette.
Sponsored